• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: The High 6-C Re-Redowngrading

I never said it was and whether it is or isnt is not my problem (sorry if this comes off as rude, I don't mean it as that.), thats why I brought it here for you guys to discuss.

Im pretty much dropping Pokemon from this site so whatever happens to these normal mon isnt my concern.

Ah, mapscaling, the bane of accuracy.

In reality this Kyogre would need to be around 100 kilometers long to even come close to the weight that is presented. It straight-up isn't in any portrayal aside from using the map.

About the Kyogre's feat, the NF version committed a mistake and it was corrected, the true result was Large Town level iirc and it was using GPE. I don't consider that feat quantificable cuz we do not scale PE (that would depend of the height and position of the character) and destroying water isn't a thing.

It would still be a baseline of 7-A+ since all we have to judge it are the aftermaths of his quakes.

By the way, I think DontTalk debunked that calc and downgraded it to 7-A.

Kepekley23 said:
Pretty sure it was, but I think there might be a problem with scaling this to the normal Pokémons, since this Kyogre was actually created via a wish to Jirachi asking for a stronger-than-normal Kyogre, IIRC. That would make it a fat outlier.
On top of this, these pokémon are not normal at all. Some of them even have feats going against legendaries. (In that chapter itself: latios and Latias couldn't do a thing to the Kyogre, yet these 12, when combined, defeated it; Red's aerodactyl going head to head with Moltres; Charizard, Balstoisr and Venusaur defeating a fusion of the legendary birds; Emerald's pokémon going toe-to-toe with the Regis; Gold's Pichu can withstand Raikou's energy to perform the Super Rising Thunder (that is actually Volt Tackle); Ruby's Swampert withstood an attack from Groudon, if I remember correctly; Red's Poliwrath even intercepting the Doom Desire that is used for speed; etc, etc).

@Lephyr

If what Antonio said is true, the OBD revised the calc to High 7-C in any case.

Well, Delibird freezing a lake is still technically a thing. Shame that the calc went down, though.

Does anyone have the full feat? I could potentially recalc it and get a good result.

At this point, I should say some should reconsider having normal pokemon pages here as the trouble of going to trying to keep them leveled is quite extremely messy.

But thats only my opinion. If y'all disagree, fine. Thats the last thing I have to say about Pokemon on this site.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Prof
I've had that opinion for a while.
I wont say I agree because my ties with the verse here are over, but I will say I wouldn't oppose it.

I previously said to try and find a new way of scaling them but these 2-3 threads have convinced me completely otherwise. So unless someone wants to go through the trouble of trying to re-scale them from scratch, they're probably better off being deleted and going with just legendaries.

Gargoyle One said:
6C got debunked....
What about that "Charizard burns a mountain" feat from Mystery Dungeon though? I vaguely recall there being a VBW Thread that was about calcing the amount of energy Charizard would have exerted to melt a mountain in that game.

No need to delete profiles, this ain't Mondaiji. All we have to do is get the correct feats and get the corrects stats. If other verses like Pokemon can do it, why can't Pokemon? Once we all agree on a solid foundation and a set of stats the work, Pokemon is GOLDEN.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
No need to delete profiles, this ain't Mondaiji. All we have to do is get the correct feats and get the corrects stats. If other verses like Pokemon can do it, why can't Pokemon? Once we all agree on a solid foundatio and a set of stats the work, Pokemon is GOLDEN.
Thats the massive problem here though.

None of us can agree on anything when it comes to revising Pokemons stats. Heck, I still disagree with some stuff but im dropping it for the sake of not causing a shitstorm. Us unanimously agreeing on Pokemon related material is the day pigs fly. Not trying to sound over-exaggerated, but im calling it as it is.

Then I suppose we've reached full circle then. I am going to miss the days of a systematised/standardised approach to Pokémon that aren't Ultras or Legendaries. And you know, them being Island level even though it makes sense that Mega Evolution Pokémon are near the power of a base legendary since according to an interview they were designed with the intention of rivalling the power of legendaries.

I'm wondering if a "variable tier" is subject for discussion since even though there's a difference between a trained and a non-trained Pokémon, it does say something that depending on the context a Lucario can reach High-6A or even 2-C. Lore-wise it makes sense because in the mainline games we have our USUM protagonist being capable of standing a chance against Ultra Necrozma or other Ultras despite only having regular Pokémon as part of their arsenal. The only explanation for that is that Pokémon can become strong enough beyond their initial tier or feats (without needing to evolve or Mega Evolve).

"according to an interview they were designed with the intention of rivalling the power of legendaries."

...when was that stated? Could you find it for me?

...when was that stated? Could you find it for me?

I'm afraid not. I tried finding it because I swear I came acros an article that said something along that line but I cannot find it, so just ignore that part of what I was talking on about.

Back