• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon TCG And A Proposal

Sniper670

He/Him
Why do we still use TCG moves/abilities for some Pokémon but then decide not to use them in places for some reason. It's either the characters have them, or they don't.(and don't tell me we use them as supporting evidence. The TCG verse operates differently from mainline games)

Sorry but Dialga/Palkia have Invulnerability and I'm pretty sure that's from their tcg cards

Necrozma has resistances negation that is linked to its Pokémon card

Articuno has Invulnerability for some reason and I suspect it's from tcg again

And many others I probably forgot to mention

If TCG has been proven canon, with a manga describing exactly the origin of how the cards come to be, then why the double standards. I suggest we make a seperate key for them at least. Instead of flip flopping between using their stuff, and not using them

So why should they have tcg abilities and have it rejected for many other Pokémon. That's the question

to be honest i don't mind either way. Whether they get removed or not is not a concern of mine since what i am curious about is cool feats, tiers, scaling and such. Abilities are also important and it would be cool to have TCG abilities but idk, it is not for me to decide.

Yeah. It's just weird how Pokémon profiles are handled here between tcg and pmd. We approve and disprove them to our convenience

Where exactly have TCG abilities been altogether disallowed before?
However because of a lot of events cards which are non-canon to the series, the variety of different artists (such as fan drawing being added) as well as being mostly game-mechanic based and lacking a canon plot, most should only be used in a case by case scenario or as supporting evidence.

From the blog about canon material.

Yeah, they're case by case. A lot of TCG abilities don't translate well to actual abilities cause of game mechanics. They've never been disallowed altogether tho

There's this manga that shows how tcg fights will happen in real time but it's not translated unfortunately

I agree that some are game mechanics but others are pretty straight forward. And no Pokémon uses a move it wouldn't be able to learn in mainline games

Sometimes.....many are straightforward. Like tcg shadow punch, which is on Dusknoirs profile and necrozmas move

Back