• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Profile Standards CRT: Stellar Shadows

Bobsican

He/Him
I'm not going to touch the canonically usable stuff yet (in fact if that passes nothing changes, lol), but independently of that, as some may know, the second DLC of Generation 9 introduced a brand new type (sort of), the Stellar-type.

Now, some stuff requires an update to accomodate for it.

First, the Pokémon Profile Standards should clarify how it should be treated for indexing purposes. Considering that it's explicitly all types combined, I think it should just fall in the "Complicated Types" section, aka, resisting it would just fall as a specific non-verse-equalizable "Resistance to Stellar-type moves", even if this'd only be relevant for Terastal Terapagos and Shedinja.

I'd also want to expand a bit on Shedinja, as that one relies on Wonder Guard and Shedinja as a species being still indexed in the game data of Gen 9 and interact as such, however, with the dexit incident removing officially several species from the series per game (including Shedinja), the canonicity of this may be up to debate.

Regarding the Shadow-type, which is mainly relevant for Shadow Lugia (and whoever wants to do specific matchups with Pokémon enhanced by that stuff), considering how it's currently listed for Shadow Lugia, it should fall within the Simple types ("Resistance to Darkness Manipulation"). Whether Terastal Terapagos should be capable of resisting it (for those unaware, its Tera Shell ability lets it manipulate types directly to resist them even if it'd be weak to them otherwise) may be a notable topic for future indexing purposes.

In other news, regarding this section:

• Ghost Types will have Resistance to Trapping Moves

"Trapping Moves" is not only inaccurate, but also vague for anyone not into the verse, for those unaware, this is meant to stand for a sort of effect that renders the one involved unable to escape or switch out to another Pokémon (mainly relevant in Pokémon Trainer battles), which is inflicted more justificably speaking by generally restraining the movement of the opponent, but more importantly this isn't only inflictable by moves, but there's some passive ways to do it in the series such as Shadow Tag and Arena Trap, which aren't classified as moves.

Thus I'd propose a minor wording change to this bit:

• Ghost Types will have Resistance to being restrained even if physically interacted with

This is a quite short CRT, but I'd want to fix these things for some other things I may collaborate on in the future.

Last edited:
Back