• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Humans Wide AP Upgrade

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, this may be an stretch, but it's somewhat reasonable when you remember humans in Pokémon constantly taking stuff from their own Pokémon and that stuff.

As we can see in Dreepy's Pokédex entry:

"If this weak Pokémon is by itself, a mere child could defeat it. But if Dreepy has friends to help it train, it can evolve and become much stronger."

And Dreepy is at worst 8-A as it isn't a baby Pokémon and can scale to the likes of Larvitar, Charmander and so on, leading that all humans in Pokémon can upscale from Dreepy to be "At least 8-A"

Robot972 said:
But remember that Dreepy is also used as missiles by Dragapult.
If you fire anything at high enough speeds, it can be deadly even if the thing is not as strong by itself.

Also bob, wouldn't that just be a downgrade for goomy? Or it might not matter since dreepy was not a thing when that entry was made, making this a retcon.

I mean, Goomy also comes from an evolutionary family of pseudo-legendaries, and we all know dex entries normally remain consistent in later gens unless stated otherwise.

I'm fine with a downgrade if anything, all I really want is consistency, I guess.

Gyrados is considered one of the deadliest Pokémon of its kind (maybe not pseudo-legendary but the point still stands.) yet it evolves from Magikarp. So a large jump between evolutions isn't a big deal.

Dreepy is must likely just weak. It's not say that Pokémon humans aren't superhuman, but first-stage level Pokémon like Machop and Stufful are explicitly stated to possess a Superhuman Strength within universe and be able to defeat Pro Wrestlers respectively, despite them being on the same level as the Pokémon from which Dreepy scales off.

Kiyo beating a Tyrogue that had thrashed his Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee

The one rocket grunt in Mahogany Town surviving a Hyper Beam from Lance's Dragonair

Maylene slapping away her Lucario's Aura Sphere

Bea physically training with her Machamp

Just to name a few

I mean, right now we clearly rate Pokéhumans right now as just 9-B at best, meaning that currently they are rated even lower than... Magikarp.

Okay, maybe we should look for the feats for each individual trainer and rate them accordingly by scaling to the respective Pokémon so long it isn't an outlier? As it seems until now everything has been taken as such, although that's pretty questionable now.

So, for the above linked stuff: it looks like pretty consistent wall level and casual peak human to class 10 LS for martial artists/trained humans. An accepted but not applied subsonic calc for Ash (where he also was visibly moving as a blur).

For other common feats:

For durability there's obviously every instance of Pokémon's attacking humans, humans getting hit by things that were a threat to their pokemon, and humans protecting pokemon from harm throughout the various anime and manga series. There's also that rocket grunt who Lance hyper beamed. Ash and manga Red are both scaled to building level durability for tanking lightning, despite the fact that most of the lightning they tank comes from Pokémon.

For reaction speed: every trainer ever's ability to give orders mid-battle, and the fact that humans can throw poke balls at conscious wild pokemon, and intercept those same thrown poke balls at their own pokemon, would all indicate them at least having reaction speed to keep up. There's also the fact that pokemon being fast enough that humans can't track their movement is seen as unusual.

For general speed, one of the calcs linked above was Ash sprinting fast enough to intercept an attack from a Golem, this sort of thing happens throughout the anime. It's also fairly common throughout the anime for humans to chase after pokemon that have stolen something or that they're trying to catch. I'm pretty sure there were significant parts of anime episodes dedicated to Ash chasing after pokemon that had taken his hat. Though this is obviously nowhere near as consistent as the reaction speed.

I don't think there are as many noteworthy things for LS and AP, but there's the fact that seemingly normal 10 year olds (or younger) can regularly and effortlessly carry around 5-20 kg pokemon, which although not superhuman in terms of weight, is incredibly abnormal for prepubescent kids, and would probably be superhuman in terms of duration and ease with some of the higher weights. Also, top martial artists are regularly depicted to train against fully evolved pokemon as Overlord gave examples of above.

I find it hilarious how you could show me any feat from a Pokéhuman and I would find it several times more interesting than a feat from an actual Pokémon

@ NeoZex6399: Interesting, but do we have a way to quantify it, or a reasonable rating we can assume for it?

The Shadow Triad moves so fast in the games that they seem to teleport and are able to jump more than 10 meters in the air, at least in speed they are quite good.

Do you guys think it's reasonable to upgrade the reaction speed of humans?

I mean, trainers are able to react alongside their Pokémon to tell them even to dodge stuff in the middle of it being performed, so that would be quite consistent.

I definitely agree with reaction time. It's consistent for all mediums since anime and manga give commands mid action while game characters have to throw poke balls at conscious Pokémon and can block those poke balls.

Mmm... in that case I guess everyone is fine with trainers just scaling to the Pokémon they hold so long they aren't legendaries? That's a good place to start.

Okay, as this is a wide revision, I guess it's best to be postponed for after the forum move.

Scaling which trainers to Bea? I mean, her lifestyle doesn't seem typical.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bea ""Given special attention from her parents, Bea trained hard with her partner Pokémon since a very young age."

"It's possible that the strict (one might even say too strict) training from her stern parents has left a burden on young Bea, taking away her smile."

Shortened for brevity, but, the wording of the rest of those League Card quotes implies it may have been mental training?

Guys, the forum move is happening, so anything that may be discussed now will be lost.

So please keep whatever you want to keep for reference in a blog post or so.

Back