• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon God Revision- Yes its Arceus (And minor stuff for Unown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can debate the legitimacy of your evidence later, but aside from that, is this accurate?
Let me break it down for you. Seems you didn't bother to read the op nor the thread in its entirety

Arceus's plates have the Essence of ALL creation. Don't you know what essence means? Let me spell it out to you
Essence is the property or set of properties that make an entity or object what it fundamentally is, and without it, ceases to exist as that entity or object.
Plus, the powers of the plates are bestowed upon Pokémon who are born.

When the Pokémon are born, the powers of the Plates are distributed
Guy A is giving everyone powers he has from the Essence of All things. Guy A scales.

Quit your attitude and answer the question. I am simply asking for clarification on why you think this thread is different from the previous one.

It's simple

Before I begun this CRT, the first thing I did was to point out that this thread was to address things other than moves. Because limiting his plates to moves alone is arbitrary

As an Omnipotent being in his verse(which is the Original Setting of Arceus) , and going by the lore surrounding his plates, as having the Essence of everything/ Power of Everything, and it's powers being given to all Pokémon, it's only logical that he gets all powers other Pokémon can use

If you have a problem, go and revise the power bestowal page

this CRT is just a rehash of the one that was rejected.
And this has been accepted after 5 staff reviewed it because the last one was arbitrary

Dude. Are you ready to explain why Arceus shouldn't get the powers he's giving to others?

If you can't, then stop using the last thread as an excuse.

Your whole argument is extrapolating off of vague statements that have very simple and shown meanings that you're just wanking to the atmosphere.
Wank?

1. This is God
2. God is mentioned to be Omnipotent. This wouldn't mean much IF the verse didn't say his fragments have the power of everything. Which is the literal meaning of the word

What wank?

Even after it's mentioned the plates are literally bestowing powers to Pokémon you disagree

Explain why he wouldn't have access to the powers he's giving out. It's a simple question

I am a new visitor to this wiki, can you provide the source, from where this wiki received DeepL?

Here

Vsbw Goon who exists to downplay everything into oblivion : "This is Vague and extrapolatory"
I don't appreciate being called a a Goon who "exists to downplay everything into oblivion". Which is especially funny given I've supported most Pokemon upgrades.

Explain why he wouldn't have access to the powers he's giving out. It's a simple question
I don't object to Arceus having every move, even if half the moves are just more of the same shit (spark, thunderbolt, thunder/fire spin, flamethrower, fire blast, blast burn etc etc). I object to Arceus who's God having a bunch of overly redundant abilities that he shouldn't have by his very nature.

For example, why would Arceus have Cryogonal's regen ability when no one in the verse can even harm him? He's not made out of water, he's a nonexistent, transdual abstract deity.

None of the evidence remotely comes close to saying "Arceus has every pokemon ability" they all refer to his specific and unique ability to use every type which are basically the essence of creation. Arceus shouldn't';t have Klutz because he can wield plates, Arceus shouldn't have slow start or huge power given he's omnipresent and the strongest being in the whole verse which makes stat boosting abilities entirely irrelevant to him. With the evidence you've provided, which lacks a direct statement and any featsof him having other pokemon abilities, combined with the fact every single one of them are entirely irrelevant to him given his position in the verse, he shouldn't have them. It's that simple.

I don't appreciate being called a a Goon who "exists to downplay everything into oblivion". Which is especially funny given I've supported most Pokemon upgrades.

I don't object to Arceus having every move, even if half the moves are just more of the same shit (spark, thunderbolt, thunder/fire spin, flamethrower, fire blast, blast burn etc etc). I object to Arceus who's God having a bunch of overly redundant abilities that he shouldn't have by his very nature.

For example, why would Arceus have Cryogonal's regen ability when no one in the verse can even harm him? He's not made out of water, he's a nonexistent, transdual abstract deity.
Cryogonal regen stems from a normal Type move "Recover", which regenerates cells

His physiology is not a power. His ability to regen is a power Arceus has, from the essence of his plates

And this is about Arceus, not the Original Spirit
None of the evidence remotely comes close to saying "Arceus has every pokemon ability" they all refer to his specific and unique ability to use every type which are basically the essence of creation. Arceus shouldn't';t have Klutz because he can wield plates, Arceus shouldn't have slow start or huge power given he's omnipresent and the strongest being in the whole verse which makes stat boosting abilities entirely irrelevant to him. With the evidence you've provided, which lacks a direct statement and any featsof him having other pokemon abilities, combined with the fact every single one of them are entirely irrelevant to him given his position in the verse, he shouldn't have them. It's that simple.
Because
1. He's God
2. Omnipotent
3. Lore says he has the power of everything, complementing his omnipotence
4. He's been using his powers for many things beyond moves. Every single appearance outside of game mechanics
5. No one scales to him, nor would he have to use the stupid amount of powers in the cosmology. But he's been shown to be able to do anything that is demanded and going by lore, yes. For instance in PLA, he deadass can inflict status condition regardless of Type, a more broken version of the ability Corrosion, an ability he never possessed, can cut HP, refill, HP and PP and more. how can he do those ? Because he's God.

It's more of a leap to say a power in the cosmology is something he cannot do, than to say he can.

Cryogonal regen stems from a normal Type move "Recover", which regenerates cells

His physiology is not a power. His ability to regen is a power Arceus has, from the essence of his plates

And this is about Arceus, not the Original Spirit
Literally sounds like you just made that up on the spot.

1. He's God
10/10 argument
2. Omnipotent
Omnipotent God struggles with meteor 🗿

3. Lore says he has the power of everything, complementing his omnipotence
the context of these statements refers to the plates and the types of Pokemon, which are the essence of creation. Not having a bunhc of completely redundant abilities God never uses, needs, or should have.

4. He's been using his powers for many things beyond moves. Every single appearance outside of game mechanics
Show me when he's used any other Pokemon ability outside of multitype.

No one scales to him, nor would he have to use the stupid amount of others in the cosmology. But he's been shown to be able to do anything that is demanded and going by lore, yes. For instance in PLA, he deadass can inflict status condition regardless of Type, a more broken version of the ability Corrosion, an ability he never possessed, can cut HP, refill, HP and PP and more. how can he do those ? Because he's God.
going off your interpretation of the lore, which I think is almost entirely unsubstantiated and stems from an almost "worshipper" view on the character.

Arecus is getting all abilities within the verse like thunder bot, fire spin, etc? I thought he is just getting all varieties of "types" within the set of "power" that exist in the verse like fire, water, electricity, etc.

Arecus is getting all abilities within the verse like thunder bot, fire spin, etc? I thought he is just getting all varieties of "types" within the set of "power" that exist in the verse like fire, water, electricity, etc.
There is literally 0 difference between them when Arceus is concerned. even his "ember" should effectively solo the verse.

Omnipotent God struggles with meteor 🗿
He transcends all Pokémon, would deadass stomp Rayquaza who can casually neg a star.

It's plot induced stupidity which has 0 effect on the game avatar of the OS
the context of these statements refers to the plates and the types of Pokemon, which are the essence of creation. Not having a bunhc of completely redundant abilities God never uses, needs, or should have.
Abilities that stem from Pokémon being Pokémon and being given powers of the plates

Are you saying a Pokémon ability to summon rain is entirely independent of the powers Arceus bestowed them?

Prove it
Show me when he's used any other Pokemon ability outside of multitype.
A more busted version of Corrosion
going off your interpretation of the lore, which I think is almost entirely unsubstantiated and stems from an almost "worshipper" view on the character.
And the same lore says God has every power.

He's getting everything the verse is capable of, as the creator and sustainer of everything and his fragments beings the source of all powers in the cosmology

There is literally 0 difference between them when Arceus is concerned. even his "ember" should effectively solo the verse.
Yes?

Because attack power is dependent on what Pokémon is using it.

Charizard using ember ≠ Charmander

"Typings" are things scientists invented to categorize Pokémon.

If Scientists didn't do that then going by your logic Arceus won't get anything at all because there's no "Type". Lol

Humans are not Pokémon, and yet they use psychic Powers. Are they a psychic Type? No. But that didn't stop Arceus from allowing them to use it

I will also one point out that the quote says Pokemon, yet this thread is also giving Arceus the powers of non-pokemon.

1. If humans gain their powers from the plates, then why did Arceus have to directly give humans powers in the Hoopa movie? Shouldn’t they automatically have them at birth?

2. If humans powers come from the plates, then why did human powers work on Arceus? If their abilities came from the psychic plate, then Arceus’s plate would have automatically blocked that ability because he still had the psychic plate in his possession.

1. Here. Plus humans and Pokemon used to be the same. More proof that the entire multiverse is literally connected to the plates ad not just Pokemon

監督である湯山邦彦氏からは「世界を作った全知全能の存在というイメージ、設定がある」と語られており、物語に登場させるにあたってはそのスケールに苦慮したというエピソードがある。

そのイメージを表現する一環として声優に美輪明宏氏を当てるという采配は絶大なインパクトがあったようで、氏の好演も相まってかこの映画の公開以降アルセウスの形容として「美輪明宏」「ミワセウス」という呼称が広まった。

公式サイトで公開された設定では「今までのどんなポケモンよりも強大」とされ、湯山監督によると本来の設定では強すぎてシナリオが成り立たないことから、プレートの欠けた不完全な状態にすることでドラマを作り出す、タイムスリップの流れを盛り込み問題解決の説得力を持たせるなどの手法が採られたという。
Kunihiko Yuyama, the director of the film, said, "There is an image and setting of an omniscient and omnipotent being who created the world," and there is an episode in which he struggled with the scale of this image when introducing it into the story.
As part of his efforts to express this image, he chose Akihiro Miwa as the voice actor, which had a tremendous impact, and his excellent performance, coupled with the release of the film, led to the widespread use of the term "Akihiro Miwa" or "Miwaseus" as a description of Arceus.

According to director Yuyama, Arceus was too powerful for the scenario to work in its original setting, so he decided to create drama by making it incomplete with missing plates, and to make it more convincing by including a time-slip sequence to solve the problem. The director said that the original setting was too strong for the scenario to work, so he created drama by making the plates incomplete and missing.

Are any of these even primary sources? It looks like a bunch of quotes from just, fansites, and we can't base something off of secondhand information or the interpretations of fans, otherwise this would've already gone through.
Here is the translation. i was giving from the official translation thread:

“When the Pokémon are born, the powers of the Plates are distributed”

It doesn't change anything. The meaning and the nuances from the Native Japanese is what matters here

Guys, is that much of a deal if Arceus gets the powers of even nom-pokémon? We have guaranteed that it gets all the Pokémon ones, but non-pokémon sounds a stretch even for me tbf.

that didn’t answer my questions
1. Erveryone has psychic powers, they just don't know it

2. Pokémon and humans used to be the same

This answers your question.
there is also the official french, german, and italian versions that talk about the powers of the plates being given to only Arceus.
The official French version says the plates have Infinite powers.

And I think that answers our questions and this thread should be closed. 😉

Dark Matter, various machines and so on.
Based on Gyros recommendations, I excluded that. There's no power I included that had anything to do with that.

Machines? I do believe Arceus can conjure any tech to do his bidding if he wanted to. Afterall, the being who has dominion over all knowledge is an aspect of him

Pokémon and humans are intertwined going by lore, since they were the same beings before who knows what happened . So human powers will not be excluded.

1. Erveryone has psychic powers, they just don't know it

2. Pokémon and humans used to be the same
1. So why did Arceus have to give the humans in the hoopa movie their powers directly
2. Why didn’t the psychic plate block human’s psychic powers that were shown to work on Arceus

1. So why did Arceus have to give the humans in the hoopa movie their powers directly
How should I know?

Based of lore, they do have it hidden in them
2. Why didn’t the psychic plate block human’s psychic powers that were shown to work on Arceus
Did we watch the same movie?

The only thing that worked on him were for the things he lost plates. And that silver water crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back