• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon God Revision- Yes its Arceus (And minor stuff for Unown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Moritzva didn't comment, neither did @DontTalkDT. @Agnaa has been offline for weeks. Could you call other staff? Or we could apply it, since we got two agreement from knowledgeable Pokémon supporters (staff)
counter arguments
counter-counter arguments
@SomebodyData @Colonel_Krukov @Shadowbokunohero @Starter_Pack @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Psychomaster35 @ElixirBlue @Firestorm808 @Executor_N0 @FinePoint @Theglassman12 @DarkDragonMedeus

Would any of you be willing to help out here please?

Would any of you be willing to help out here please?
In reference to Arceus having all the powers of the verse via the plates, and the plates being the source of all powers, there is a lot of evidence for this that's already been discussed in previous threads and is laid out pretty clearly by GyroNutz and Sniper.

Since Legends: Arceus, this evidence has only been solidified by the Legend Plate and more statements differentiating his avatars and his true form. It wouldn't make logical sense for Arceus not to have all the powers of the things he and/or the plates created (provided he has them), which does include humans and their abilities.

Although, despite the fact that even man-made Pokémon ultimately channel energy from the plates, I would be fine with excluding unique moves which postdate the original creation of Pokémon, such as MewTwo's Psystrike, though I'm not sure if it changes much.

So can you show a tally for which members that think what here please?

@Executor_N0

Would you be willing to help evaluate this please?
It seems he won't be willing to help. He actually got me the translation which i used. Even if he won't evaluate at least he acknowledged that translation, which is a big part of this thread, which has been evaluated by 3 staff

You could contact other staff then, although we already have enough staff votes to apply it

Ex said that he's busy with collage atm so it might take a while until he responds
I'm not sure.....I've been seeing him on the wiki often. Even now. He's probably not interested in this thread. But at least he gave me his translation

So, the way I see it the relationship between Arceus, the plates and Pokémon, in general, can be very vague.

First of all, I agree that Arceus as the original Heart that is all-encompassing should have all abilities as that version of Arceus is collectively all of existence combined and every single being is just a manifestation of a possibility that it already encompassed. So when talking about myths and similar things, I think that Arceus could include every possibility in the Pokémon world because Arceus is everything.

In regards to the avatars and plates in general, it's strange because the lore is strange. A lot of times when they are discussed it's talked about as if there was a single set of Plates. Of course, in the 12th Arceus recovering the plates was a big thing, the same with the HG/SS manga and in a way even Legends Arceus... and yet the plates still exist somewhere else and multiple of them are confirmed to exist at the same time.

For the anime, while the Draco and Splash Plates were being used in the Jewel of Life, it was also being used by Team Galatic in order to get the Spear Key. While the Jewel of Life was still a thing and Arceus was mad at humans, Arceus still should have helped the people at the Arche Valley not only sharing part of its power but directly leading the power of the Plates, including the Splash Plate, to seal Hoopa. And this isn't even counting that now Arceus showed the Fairy Plate and for some reason, Team Galatic was in control over the Flame Plate in the recent Arceus' special.

And this isn't even considering the games that showed multiple plates existing at the same time and even being acknowledged, with the ones in the Abyssal Ruins
being directly mentioned not only in gameplay but also in the Pokémon Mystery Files on the "I Love Pokémon Club".

The truth is that the physical manifestations of Arceus and the Plates are full of vagueness and sometimes clear plotholes that not only contradict the settings but even the story itself. Because for some reason Arceus was mad at the Jewel of Life and couldn't use their powers... yet Arceus still was using it to seal Hoopa and Team Galatic used the same plates in the Jewel of Life. Even not considering the anime, the games themselves also make a lot of use of "there are multiple plates", even with that being illogical with all the lore and whole propose for the Legend Arceus post-game.

In the end, I feel that anything in regards to the physical manifestation of Arceus is only there as a plot excuse from the eyes of Arceus itself, as in the Arceus' special they showed how easily Arceus could get the Flame Plate, and yet Arceus allowed the humans to work on that because Arceus "doesn't act and only wants the better for humanity and Pokémon", the same feeling given in the manga.

So, I can definitely see Arceus as a whole being able to use every power and the Plates having something to do with the creation of the universe and the powers every Pokémon has, although the physical manifestation and the plates sometimes have contradictory depictions even inside the same media, so if necessary I wouldn't be totally against a note acknowledging the contradictions even if we address that the contradictions and limitations seems to now be explained as "Arceus just wanted to test mankind and the Pokémon".

Agreed. His entire existence recently have been
1. Testing others (PLA).
2. Providing hints for others to solve their problems (His recent appearances in the anime)

There really isn't a need to think too much. He's just playing God. No one will scale to him, he would never need to go all out, and so best best is using the lore that GF gives us. Because every appearance of his will fall under the two categories I listed, which will never be enough to show the full scale of his capabilities

Rambling aside, Vote counted.

If he really wanted to beat the player he can just set his Pokemon HP to 0 just like how he manipulates HP of other Pokemon via wishes in EBR

Last edited:
just copy paste them in source mode or just copy some of the arceus profile in your sandbox and mess with it until it works
(or i can just apply it right now if you need me to just copy paste your sandbox into the plates section of arceus's profile)

just copy paste them in source mode or just copy some of the arceus profile in your sandbox and mess with it until it works
(or i can just apply it right now if you need me to just copy paste your sandbox into the plates section of arceus's profile)
That will bloat the profile. I had wanted to just link it. Similar to other artifacts on the wiki like Keysword and the others

What do I do then? This is new to me lol
1-either make a plates page from the sandbox tho you need add more stuff like dura/intel etc
2-copy paste the powers of the plates in the arceus profile
3-make the plates a blog from the sandbox which doesn't need any extra stuff and is the easiet to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back