• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon God Revision- Yes its Arceus (And minor stuff for Unown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Arceus and think of it this way. This is not about what Arceus can do, but what the wielder of the plates will be able to do with them. Arceus just so happens to be the wielder of these artifacts

If the plates is bestowing it's own psychic powers to all Psychics in the universe, then it should be able to do anything it can. With Pokemon, these powers form their entire genetic structures as well, and shapes their powers/moves/abilities.

This is very different from bestowing powers you yourself don't have. As is noted under power bestowal.

Note that just because a character can grant a power to another, does not mean that they can grant that same power to themselves. It must be stated that said ability can grant the user greater power as well.

In this case the plates already have the psychic power essence, the properties that make psychic energy what it fundamentally is, it's just sharing it to others.

well he already has it so this could be another justification or even a minor upgrade since it means he can allow positive changes to happen him or something
Ik, but At that moment, you are just upgrading him to whole other level while not accepting "lower ability" LOL.

the second one IIRC is the english ver, the japanese one would hold more water, the one sniper showed is the newest translation we got by someone on the wiki
The Original Version goes with Essence of all creation, and we can still use that and it won't change the meaning

Breaking down each Plate, each plate holds the essence of a Type that Pokémon use. For instance mind Plate holds the essence of psychic energy, and so on. With all these combined, is why the Legend Plate has the essence of everything. Simply put....

It is because all the Pokémon powers are being granted them by the plates that its mentioned can use the power of every Type.
And this “new translation” accepted in the wiki? It is not MTL?

Executor_NO translated it in the translation thread shortly before i got banned.

She didn't translate it. What Agnaa said however was that we should go with the official English version, which said Essence of All creation

I asked several Japanese translators to go through, Hinative and r/translate . They said almost the same thing as Executor_N0. Ant also confirmed that in RvR

They're basically the same things

Power of all things(Japanese) = Essence of all creation(English: Properties of everything), with each Plate having the essence of specific power of the verse; what makes the power what it is(literal definition of essence) . I think it would be better if I didn't use the Japanese version. It doesn't change anything

Second sentence is 1:1. Anyone who can wield these plates can use the power of every type there is for logical reasons that the Essential properties of all these powers lies in the plates and is the origin of all Pokémon powers.

Hopefully this clears things. You can stay neutral. But I'll want to count your vote so I'd prefer if you let me know your stance on everything in the crt

I will give my input on the rest of the thread and be neutral on plate ones (I am really not knowledgeable member of this topic)
But both sides have their reasoning, so ya. I hope this thread is civil (control your emotions, Sniper)

UNOWN
Immersion and Limited Abstract Existence (Type 1. To escape Team Rocket's attack, Unown merged with Larvitars mind, sent Ash and friends into it and created a mindscape out of it.)
Agreed
Justification Subjective Reality (With Unown's power, one can make anything and can be anything. They're capable of making new realities, altering the world using thoughts and dreams of others. Amongst them being able to recreate landscapes from picture books, making breathable water, and generally manifest the dreams of Hale. Made it night time for an entire week in a town)
This looks like reality wrapping more.
Duplication and Power Mimicry ( Could create Pokémon with the same exact power, stats and skills although they're not as smart as the original. They could recreate the exact same Pokemon except stronger than the original)
Agreed
Elemental Intangibility (Appeared to the player as light throughout the opening sequence of PLA)
Looks fine
Dream Manipulation And Subjective Reality (Eternal Battle Reverie is accessed by going to sleep and meeting Arceus in a dream, with Pokemon being able to gain exp, evolve and players wake up with items they won in the dream. Every Dream in Pokemon another reality, and characters can physically enter the dreams of others if they have the means to do so. Also seen when Drowzee sent two Pokemon into Azurill's dream. The Dream world, where dreams manifest is its own plane of reality and is separated from the main reality by Interdream Zone. Evidence to this was when Palkia's spatial distortion caused Pokemon dreams to manifest in reality )
(Looks Dream of endless reference) Agreed but debatable about this. Every dream is reality, and going through them is more like dimensional travel.
And it is reality wrapping.
Creation (Can create Pokémon to fight the Trainers. This includes powerful Pokémon like Origin Form Dialga /Palkia, and even Unown )
Simple and easy, agreed
Durability Negation (One of the wishes the player can choose is to sacrifice HP of Pokemon)
Don't understand this part.
Healing (Can heal HP and PP to max under player request in Eternal Battle Reverie)
Negotiable
Seems fine
Existence Erasure (Volo was planning to subjugate Arceus power in order to erase the universe and only failed when the player defeated him. Upscaled from the Creation Trio who are parts of him and could erase the concept of spirit)
It says here, he will erase the universe, did he do it?
Technology Manipulation (Created the Arc Phone for the player, which can mark locations the player has to visit, materialize caves out of nowhere, amongst others)
Fine
Power Bestowal ( Nobel Pokemon are blessed by Arceus, and are under his protection, hence they cannot be caught, and they're larger and stronger than their species )
Good
This also looks like causality manipulation as well. I am unsure how he allows them, but if it is regular, then this is causality manipulation.
Stamina Justification: Limitless (Arceus tells the player that they can fight for as long as they wish it. This is also supported by the name of the challenge, being the Eternal Battle Reverie)
Neutral. The name of challenge is irrelevant and NLF. I would give it possibly rating since “as they wish” is really subjective.
Omnipresence (It exists in everything and nowhere at once, and observes all creation from all creation)
Thought he had it before agreed
Intelligence ( Omniscient. It sees everything due to his nature of omnipresence. The concept of knowledge, Uxie, one of the 3 that make Spirit, is an extension of his Avatar)
Seems simple
Abstract Existence (Type 1. It exists purely as a Heart; 心, Primordial Consciousness that is both immanent within the multiverse as well as beyond its boundaries. Arceus is a manifestation of it)
NB: The word for Heart "kokoro", is used mostly to refer to the metaphysical existence that represents a human being, that is, what you would call a soul, or a mind. In the context of Pokemon, Heart is used Interchangeably with Mind or Spirit and it means the same thing, Awareness/Perception
I wanted to disagree but then saw "NB" Agreed

This looks like reality wrapping more.
I mean, Subjective Reality is a variation of Reality Warping, it's just more...... Subjective.

Molly thinks/believes, and Unown makes. Subjective Reality.

(Looks Dream of endless reference) Agreed but debatable about this. Every dream is reality, and going through them is more like dimensional travel.
And it is reality wrapping.

It's fantasy to any dreamer.....that's where Subjective Reality comes in. Dreaming manipulation is self explanatory

I guess dimensional travel for anyone who can physically go there as well.
Don't understand this part of. 0114 it would have to do much to get the intangibility of people
He can simply faint you by setting your HP to 0
Yup. He didn't. But scaling from the CT themselves, who are aspects of him, that's an easy feat. He only failed because the player beat his ass, and not because Arceus can't do it. You can even see him asking why Arceus doesn't think the world needs to be remade
This also looks like causality manipulation as well. I am unsure how he allows them, but if it is regular, then this is causality manipulation.
Well, let's be on a safer side.

Neutral. The name of challenge is irrelevant and NLF. I would give it possibly rating since “as they wish” is really subjective.
Ehh, Arceus doesn't speak in hyperbole. If he called it the Eternal Battle Reverie, then that's what it is.
The definition of the mode is in the name. Let's see
Eternal = He says the battle shall go on for as long as the player wishes. Results? The player can fight in the EBR indefinitely and it only ends when the player loses or quits.
Battle = self explanatory
Reverie= A daydream of sorts. Which is what it is since the player has to sleep

Alright.
I mean, Subjective Reality is a variation of Reality Warping, it's just more...... Subjective.

Molly thinks/believes, and Unown makes. Subjective Reality.
I said this because they can even “alter Worlds” with thoughts and dreams. This is obvious RW

Well yes. Isn't it Subjective Reality?
Subjective Reality is the power that allows the user to manipulate the boundary between reality and unreality. It allows the user to induce reality to what is fiction, fantasy or imaginary, bringing them into existence, as well as turning facts, entities and events into unreality, vanishing them as if they were a mere dream or illusion.
This is what Unown and Molly were doing. Unown alters the world depending on what Molly thinks or dreams them to be

They're manipulating reality, it's just according to what Molly imagines/dreams them to be.

They're manipulating reality, it's just according to what Molly imagines/dreams them to be.
Then this is reality wraping. Reality wraping is when you manipulate reality itself. How you do this, is irrelevant. (even tho with thoughts and dreams are insane)

He didn't do it, however Dialga/Palkia who are parts of him, even 'clones' of him, could erase the universe down to its concepts and nearly succeeded if the lake trio did not interfere. Arceus ought to scale above them.

He didn't do it, however Dialga/Palkia who are parts of him, even 'clones' of him, could erase the universe down to its concepts and nearly succeeded if the lake trio did not interfere. Arceus ought to scale above them.
Alter ego or avatar, not clones. They are only part of the whole, clones would be a double or duplicate.

Then this is reality wraping. Reality wraping is when you manipulate reality itself. How you do this, is irrelevant. (even tho with thoughts and dreams are insane)
Doesn't matter. I can give it RW. Subjective Reality is already a variation that.

What's important is she imagines and her dreams become reality.

Doesn't matter. I can give it RW. Subjective Reality is already a variation that.

What's important is she imagines and her dreams become reality.
There is a difference, is altering reality itself or just making things into reality with her thoughts and dreams
Because "altering Worlds" means she is altering reality itself.

Also, it somehow matters, RW > SR

Reality Warping is generally just a power that is given when the character is altering reality in some way without any indepth explanation. If their is some explanation that allows us to classify the ability as another power the we do so. As this is messing with imagination and dreams, Subjective Reality seems appropriate.

Reality Warping is generally just a power that is given when the character is altering reality in some way without any indepth explanation. If their is some explanation that allows us to classify the ability as another power the we do so. As this is messing with imagination and dreams, Subjective Reality seems appropriate.
That's what I was thinking as well.

BUMP
Going off the suggested standards, Arceus fits 2 out of the 3
1. The character in question being stated by a reliable/knowledgeable source or shown to have access to all powers and abilities of the verse is considered acceptable evidence.

Legend Plate
“A slate that holds the power of all things/all creation. When used on a Pokemon, it gains the power of all Types/every Type's powers.”

2. The character in question's power being the direct source of all the powers and having demonstrated some extent of usage of the abilities of all the other characters.

"The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon."

These are my suggestions ;

1. Because the powers of Plates are being shared amongst Pokémon, any supernatural powers that a Pokémon can do would be given to Arceus. All Psychic powers, Spiritual powers, Fairy powers, Elemental powers etc. It's already self explanatory and on the plates. Very straightforward

2. Physiology based non powers will not be given, for logical reasons. Ie. Gengar has Type 7 immortality because it's already dead, it's not a Power, it's just what it is. Porygon has inorganic physiology because it's composed of Programming Code. Dark Matter has Type 8 immortality because it was born from negative and emotions. And so on.

BUMP
Going off the suggested standards, Arceus fits 2 out of the 3

These are my suggestions ;

1. Because the powers of Plates are being shared amongst Pokémon, any supernatural powers that a Pokémon can do would be given to Arceus. All Psychic powers, Spiritual powers, Fairy powers, Elemental powers etc. It's already self explanatory and on the plates. Very straightforward

2. Physiology based non powers will not be given, for logical reasons. Ie. Gengar has Type 7 immortality because it's already dead, it's not a Power, it's just what it is. Porygon has inorganic physiology because it's composed of Programming Code. Dark Matter has Type 8 immortality because it was born from negative and emotions. And so on.
Makes more sense to me. Something like immo type 7 would vanish but stealing souls like Dusknoir would stay and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back