• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Furry Queen tries her luck against Precog Bird

Apparently, Gardevoir and Xatu can learn some IQ skills from the F group. You can find the list of IQ skills here , but i don't know if we can use them, ask Cal before about this two using IQ skills before using them as a argument would be preferable, but you are not obligated to do this

Our profiles are Pokemon at their peaks, and wild Pokemon can be found with IQ skills, so they are fair game.

I'll drop a vote later

Apparently, IQ skills are upgrades that Pokemons get in the mystery dungeon series.

Oh, well that would explain it. I have kept up mostly well with the pokemon series and I got super concerned when what sounded like a major game mechanic snuck up under my nose lol.

I'm voting for Xatu. They have roughly even speed so that shouldn't factor in too much. Gardevoir's best shot is to boost itself with Calm Mind and then hit Xatu with Moonblast, a move that has regular effectiveness on Xatu. It should be powerful enough to take Xatu down in a few hits, if Gardevoir is lucky. Xatu on the other hand will be able to use moves such as Feather Dance (to sharply boost attack) and then Steel Wing and Ominous Wind, both of which would be super effective on Gardevoir. Xatu can also heal itself with Roost if necessary. After the Feather Dance, Xatu should only have to hit once or twice and that should be it.

Feather Dance sharply lowers the opponent's attack, it's not a form of stats amp @Caleb

Gardevoir will trace Magic Bounce at the start of the match, so that's not an advantage for either, but it does mean the match will be narrowed down to offensive moves. Xatu has multiple super effective moves (Ominous Wind in particular counters Gardevoir's double team), can get rid of any of Gardevoir's stat amps or steal them with power swap (which works through magic bounce) and has the superior precog + Tailwind + superior mobility to dodge most of Gardevoir's attacks. If Gardevoir tries to go for a black hole, it'll be drained of her psychic power, giving Xatu a chance to pick up the easy kill.

Overall, I'll vote Xatu.

Back