• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Final Evolutions Speed CRT

The page was updated basing on these threads you know. Aka this whole "it's not said photons so it's can't be SoL" is just nonsense made from you.
Chill man. If you start calling arguments nonsense you'll just end up angering those who oppose you and ruining your own chances.

The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
I don't see the showing for the diffusion for Signal Beam posted, on this point.

I don't see the showing for the diffusion for Signal Beam posted, on this point.
It moves straight in the same wat Solar Beam does in some animations (such as Gen 4 and 5) and in anime it does as well. I don't see why it shouldn't count as SoL.

It moves straight in the same wat Solar Beam does in some animations (such as Gen 4 and 5) and in anime it does as well. I don't see why it shouldn't count as SoL.
Elizhaa is talking about the diffusing in a realistic way point.

The page was updated basing on these threads you know. Aka this whole "it's not said photons so it's can't be SoL" is just nonsense made from you.
No where did I say since it doesn’t say photons it’s not SoL omfg lol. I literally said it’s either that or beam of light with further context. Which is quite literally the conclusion of those threads. 🤦🏾‍♂️

No where did I say since it doesn’t say photons it’s not SoL omfg lol. I literally said it’s either that or beam of light with further context. Which is quite literally the conclusion of those threads. 🤦🏾‍♂️
I got your point, but you misunderstood them. The threads in short are just to make the SoL if they're stated to be made of light without any contradiction.

Citing AKM

"Beam/ray of light is okay. But not "everything" of light. There are several attacks that are just called "flash of light" which doesn't tell us what the attack is made of, it's more so referring to how the attack shines brightly."

Aka thank you for confirming my point.

The explosion point, from my perspective, logically would mean the light doesn't diffuse properly.
Borsalino's had more require criteria, from what I recall.

If the exploding only happens in the anime and no other material, I see no reason for that to be a dealbreaker for light speed.

The explosion point, from my perspective, logically would mean the light doesn't diffuse properly.
Borsalino's had more require criteria, from what I recall.
Diffuse is about spreading, not what happens at impact. You're taking the word out of context.

What happens at the contact still matters for diffusion, scientifically speaking.
Yeah but, that's kinda what happens with almost any attack in Pokémon. It's pretty much how it treats such thing in verse. You get to see even Flamethrower or Sonicboom generating an explosion at contact despite the properties.

i believe that the properties of the attack in question would outweigh the fact that it explodes when used in anime.

Pretty much all anime attacks explode. Heck, sometimes when a pokemon is shot back at Team rocket it still causes some explosion and somehow sends them flying upwards. Basically all attacks cause some explosion. It is damn easy to understand that if a beam is shot in an anime where explosions happen like after every impact they are obviously gonna make it cause some explosion. Thunder causes explosions, sound causes explosions, a 30kg pokemon getting blown back causes explosions. Like it happens everywhere despite the attacks still behaving like what they are supposed to do.

Solar beam is consistently shown as light. it is mostly of a white-ish color, it moves in a straight line, it is stated to be made of light, it is stated to be literal sunlight, it powers up solar panels and is created by gathering up sunlight and shooting it. It is mostly used by venusaurs who's whole shtick is absorbing sunlight using their plant.

I believe that saying that something crated, made and used like sunlight isn't actual sunlight but only some beam that explodes would be just weird.

I do indeed still disagree with Signal beam and people yet again pointed out why. Signal beam barely covers two criteria. It has no backup evidence to suggest it is an actual beam traveling at the speed of light.

I do indeed still disagree with Signal beam and people yet again pointed out why. Signal beam barely covers two criteria. It has no backup evidence to suggest it is an actual beam traveling at the speed of light.
A bug-type move mostly associated with firefly-like Pokémon which has included in it's more recent description "The user attacks with a sinister beam of light." isn't light speed?

Sure, makes sense.

A bug-type move mostly associated with firefly-like Pokémon which has included in it's more recent description "The user attacks with a sinister beam of light." isn't light speed?

Sure, makes sense.
look man if this was my wiki it would have been lightspeed 3 years ago. What i am worried about is what will happen if someone notices and says "hey, these verses i like got strict treatment when it comes to LoS standards while Pokemon didn't, unfair! make our feats los too!" and the bureaucrats go "you know what, how about instead of buffing this 5 verses, we just nerf the living heck out of Pokemon" and then we're screwed.

Look, if people start arguing that a move based on this isn't light speed, then speed downgrades should be the least of your worries.

What’s the summary for both arguments?
It is basically a back and forth between arguments on what and what not is light speed.
Signal beam is beign argued about but Solar beam is totally light speed. Currently the argument seems to be on the LoS side but i ain't sure. There are feats that suggest at least LoS pokemon.

Signal Beam aside for a moment, the calc mentioned Tapu Bulu wasn't fighting seriously. How consistent SoL is with the other speed feats the Pokémon who would scale?

Signal Beam aside for a moment, the calc mentioned Tapu Bulu wasn't fighting seriously. How consistent SoL is with the other speed feats the Pokémon who would scale?
They literally have like 5 calcs about such, including Doom Desire and Signal Beam too.

They literally have like 5 calcs about such, including Doom Desire and Signal Beam too.
There are a number of calcs... but for Signal Beam...

On the topic, there is a general speed issue following this.

"A laser is a device that emits light through a process of optical amplification based on the stimulated emission of electromagnetic radiation."

If the criteria was as simple as, it is describe as a "beam of light", instead of "the speed of light", the MHA verse would be SOL right now, simply from Aoyama.

There are a number of calcs... but for Signal Beam...

On the topic, there is a general speed issue following this.

"A laser is a device that emits light through a process of optical amplification based on the stimulated emission of electromagnetic radiation."

If the criteria was as simple as, it is describe as a "beam of light", instead of "the speed of light", the MHA verse would be SOL right now, simply from Aoyama.
This ain't MHA, this is Pokémon for one. I'm pretty sure that it has context which doesen't allow it to be SoL there. Signal Beam has not. Also what's the exact problem with these calcs?

Edit: saw your edit now.

Last edited:
Back