• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Final Evolutions Speed CRT

tbh i agree.
Solar beam is understandable. It is a beam of light, made of sunlight which is created by a party by absorbing sunlight, it moves in a straight line and powers up solar panels.

Meanwhile signal beam is just "beam of light" and it moves in a straight line like any beam. Bruh.

anyways i feel like the blastoise vs venusaur clash needs a calc

being a beam of light isn't enough for SoL, it needs more context and criteria, cause currently it doesn't have a light source, it is only once stated to be made of light, it doesn't even look like light.

A beam of light is lightspeed from default tho.
A beam of light being implicitly light speed is one thing, it being stated to be light speed is another. You can make the case that the beam moves at the speed of light due it being light, but you can't say that the beam it's stated to move at light speeds because it's stated to be light. That's why being made of light and being stated to move at the speed of light are two different criteria.

A beam of light being implicitly light speed is one thing, it being stated to be light speed is another. You can make the case that the beam moves at the speed of light due it being light, but you can't say that the beam it's stated to move at light speeds because it's stated to be light. That's why being made of light and being stated to move at the speed of light are two different criteria.
Here is the damn question.

What is the general proof that Solar beam and Signal beam actually fit the criteria for SoL?

-beam is made of light
-beam travels in a straight line

-beam reflects from shiny surfaces.
-beam is called lightspeed by reliable source
-comes from a realistic source of light
I mean, these are enough.

I mean, these are enough.
Read the fourth.

And I mean, I'm fine with point one and two for Solar Beam (Won’t talk about point two for Signal Beam because I don’t really recall it going on a straight path, but that might just be my memory failing) to get SoL treatment given it also comes from natural light, but the move it's not stated to be light speed. At least not as far as I’m aware.

Yout get my point tho, since is a literal beam of light that goes straight and hasn't any contradictions of it being SoL basing on these.
that isn't how it works. Light that moves in a straight line but has no evidence of being made of light and isn't coming out of something that can create light then it is not provable until further evidence.

Read the fourth.

And I mean, I'm fine with point one and two for Solar Beam (Won’t talk about point two for Signal Beam because I don’t really recall it going on a straight path, but that might just be my memory failing) to get SoL treatment, but the move it's not stated to be light speed. At least not as far as I’m aware.
Gen 4 and 5 animation (and you can argue gen 6/7 as well) do and in anime it always goes straight.
Light that moves in a straight line but has no evidence of being made of light
It's literally stated in the games lmao.

imma just list episodes where solar beam was used

journeys has the third episode

gonna find more

i
Gen 4 and 5 animation (and you can argue gen 6/7 as well) do and in anime it always goes straight.

It's literally stated in the games lmao.
sorry i misworded that. You cannot prove it is a legitimate beam that moves at SoL speed basically. Ask a mod, they'll explain better, i need to go to sleep

sorry i misworded that. You cannot prove it is a legitimate beam that moves at SoL speed basically. Ask a mod, they'll explain better, i need to go to sleep
It fits 2 of the criterias and has no contradictions. You don't need to be so nitpicking.

It fits 2 of the criterias and has no contradictions. You don't need to be so nitpicking.
look man, ask mods. I don't care.
what i care more about is whether or not there is a site where i can read the pokemon pocket monsters manga (the one with the clefairy) as one of the chapters has clefairy reflecting a solar beam using reflect.

look man, ask mods. I don't care.
what i care more about is whether or not there is a site where i can read the pokemon pocket monsters manga (the one with the clefairy) as one of the chapters has clefairy reflecting a solar beam using reflect.
Now you're trolling. Tell me you do, please.

Ask the mods man. I ain't no expert. I could be in the wrong here but light has been considered not the speed of light countless times
Except that first Reflect is for whatever attack like Flamethrower.

Second, Solar Beam/Signal Beam have proved themselves to be SoL according to this wiki's criteria, as even confirmed from Elizhaa, you're the nitpicking one here.

Something else too. Couldn’t Psybeam also possibly count as a light beam?

The anime has shown the attack can reflect off of glass, just as light can.

Welp good luck with that i guess.

Btw you seem to misunderstand, I've nothing against solar beam, i am against signal beam.

I've already debunked these reasons. If you want to go in the nitpicking way then do it, just don't complain if you get countered again.
You didn't debunk it. You said "bruh you got to be joking". Your whole debunk stands on the idea that two criterias are enough.

Either way i will just stop, do what you want to, but if some " Nitpickee" comes one day and one who isn't an actual pokemon supporter then you are going to have one painful thread on your hands.

Being called a beam of light is tho.
This one depends on the mod funny enough. Some will say that is enough for the 4th requirement others will say it has to say photons specifically. 🤷🏾
The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.

I checked; Signal beam doesn't seem to meet similar requirements as Solar Beam, which was accepted as a speed of light in a previous thread.
It is from light from a bug move that can confuse opponents
It seems like it just meets the four requirements at best.
From my knowledge, at least two requirements are needed to be met.

So, I retracted my point on it being valid light unless there are more contexts.

The user attacks with a sinister beam of light. This may also confuse the target.

I mean...
It seems like it just meets the four requirements at best.
From my knowledge, at least two requirements are needed to be met.

So, I retracted my point on it being valid light unless there are more contexts.
So you contradict this wiki's very page on the Lightspeed standards.

Therefore, lasers/light beams are only accepted as real if they meet, at a minimum, a few of these criteria:

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
It fits 2 of them and none of the standards of NOT being SoL is encountered. So you either accept Signal Beam being SoL or you change the whole standards.

This one depends on the mod funny enough. Some will say that is enough for the 4th requirement others will say it has to say photons specifically. 🤷🏾
The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
Yeah no. The requirements say photons OR light itself.

So unless the standards are changed to reflect on photons being required to be said, photon statements aren’t explicitly needed.

Back