• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Final Evolutions Speed CRT

Not to derail this thread but Ash-Greninja should blatantly scale to legendaries so I'm not sure how useful that is.
If ash-greninja scales to legendaries then Pikachu would scale to legendaries then pretty much all champions end up scaling to legendaries which makes no sense and thus an outlier.

Not to derail this thread but Ash-Greninja should blatantly scale to legendaries so I'm not sure how useful that is.
...what. Legendaries which are fodder to Deoxys are just upscaling from non legendaries. Ash-Greninja is only for Megas/Gigantamax regardless, it's just to make the FTL ratings for base Stage 2 even more solid.

Seismic Toss is Sub-Rel if I remember correctly.
Is there a calc for it? Because I have a feeling about it being based on Gen 6 game animation which would also assume the Pokémon going literally on space and getting literally flattered and instantly recovering after, which it's obviously just a visual effects. Imo they just should upscale from MHS+ of Base mons (coz Thunderbolt).

Anyway, I found this blatant FTL feat from Solar Beam.

Is incalculable? Yes, but it's obvious that Staraptor was able to not only dodge the Solar Beam, but also crossing a greater distance than it, only that is unknown (and using the fullest height in that timeframe would give MFTL+ which would outlier regardless, but Staraptor obviously didn't).

Edit: We should look for Signal Beam too as it's stated to be SoL as well.
I think a safe assumption would be to assume that Staraptor flew the distance between it and the top of the screen before the Solar Beam hit.

Is there a calc for it? Because I have a feeling about it being based on Gen 6 game animation which would also assume the Pokémon going literally on space and getting literally flattered and instantly recovering after, which it's obviously just a visual effects. Imo they just should upscale from MHS+ of Base mons (coz Thunderbolt).
This one, I believe. Funnily enough, not every second stage Pokemon ends up using this calc, some just upscale from MHS+ like you're suggesting. Pokemon profiles are whack.

Here is the damn question.

What is the general proof that Solar beam and Signal beam actually fit the criteria for SoL?

-beam is made of light
-beam travels in a straight line
-beam reflects from shiny surfaces.
-beam is called lightspeed by reliable source
-comes from a realistic source of light

Cause all i know is the part where they travel in a straitght line and are called light, not sure about the source

Both are made of light, both travel in lines, both are called beams of light (hell, Solar Beam literally draws on the sun), etc.

What is the general proof that Solar beam and Signal beam actually fit the criteria for SoL?

-beam is made of light

This is what they both are
Solar beam is also from a realistic source of light

-beam is made of light

You only need few things from this list to qualify. Three really should be enough.

Anyway, I found this blatant FTL feat from Solar Beam.

Is incalculable? Yes, but it's obvious that Staraptor was able to not only dodge the Solar Beam, but also crossing a greater distance than it, only that is unknown (and using the fullest height in that timeframe would give MFTL+ which would outlier regardless, but Staraptor obviously didn't).

Edit: We should look for Signal Beam too as it's stated to be SoL as well.
Well it didn't end up being blatantly FTL

Why are you assuming it flew up that little when you have no evidence? I mean, few seconds after it reached the terrain we see staraptor over the arena, that implies being FTL due of it crossing an higher distance than Solar Beam. Also lmao at using that for the distance between Solar Beam and Staraptor when it was still there and only moves some time later. Really, this calc lowballs for literally no reason.

Why are you assuming it flew up that little when you have no evidence? I mean, few seconds after it reached the terrain we see staraptor over the arena, that implies being FTL due of it crossing an higher distance than Solar Beam. Also lmao at using that for the distance between Solar Beam and Staraptor when it was still there and only moves some time later. Really, this calc lowballs for literally no reason.
I'm just using what we do know. I'm assuming it flew "so little" for the same reason you want to assume it flew "so high." We don't know. Same goes for the distance. This is the closest we see the Solar Beam get. The only other thing I can think of is the idea that the zooming in on Staraptor is indicative of how close the Solar Beam is getting. The distance Staraptor flew in that moment isn't changing though, it's the best we can get.

Last edited:
I'm just using what we do know. I'm assuming it flew "so little" for the same reason you want to assume it flew "so high." We don't know. Same goes for the distance. This is the closest we see the Solar Beam get.
...I don't have a counter against it so I'll concede on such.

I think the most important thing we need at the moment is the Ash-Greninja FTL+ calc being evaluated.

I had to recalc the feat as I've used Malamar's eye from the official artwork to scale the beam when the full body was already there, obtaining an extraggerated result (plus it literally said that the distance was 25 cm lmao) making it just FTL (6.78c)

Edit: it was accepted as such. Sorry, FTL+ was mere hype.

Last edited:
Well it’s fine, it still makes sense that Megas, Ash-Greninja, Gigantamaxes, etc. are higher into FTL

So, we have now:
  • Staraptor calc at Rel
  • Poliwrath calc at Rel
  • Empoleon calc at Rel
  • Gyarados and Golem calc at Rel+
  • Blastoise SoL feat
  • Lycanrock FTL calc
  • Ash-Greninja almost FTL+ calc
This looks pretty solid rating-wise.

So we’ve got FTL with Relativistic to Relativistic+ supporting feats. Looks solid.

I asked Elizhaa when I made the thread, but that's about it. Moreover, this is simply a matter of scaling, and it's as simple as the Relativistic+ characters becoming FTL.

Regardless without some mod input on this thread, this upgrade won't be going through however the Blastoise feat (plus in canon speed amps) is at least enough to convince me that FTL final stages (and those who scale to them) is reasonable for now.

-beam is made of light
To answer this, Solar Beam also has the feat of literally powering solar panels in one of the mangas, which is a blatant evidence of being real light as well.

Also, correct me if im wrong but weren't the light beam standards recently changed to allow "rays of light" claims or something similar to be used as evidence for light speed? Thus making things even easier for things like solar beam and signal beam to qualify?

Boys, I'd like to coordinate. I just got a fat calc accepted and i am planning a rather big revision to Pokemon. I'd like to know whether you want me to wait so you can finish this one or should i just make the CRT

I think we should wait first this to be be accepted and then apply it after the result of Arceus' calc so we can apply 2 CRTs at the same time.

Back