• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna do Koh vs Red as a triples battle once I finish this Blue page (almost done, just need to finish the powers section). Been thinking of fun scenarios now that this project has come a good ways.

Also, wouldn't Paul scale to anime Lucario?

Nice.

Reminds me, I'm gonna need to work on Lance and Alder soon, since a ton of characters would scale off of them.

But first I need to work on my husbando, Morty.

I don't mean to be a stickler guys, but would you mind writing some notable attacks and techniques for these Pokemon profiles or at least their passive Abilities? Linking to Bulbapedia alone just looks lazy.

The summaries could also use some work.

Also, I'm probably gonna make May. Could someone get the pictures for me? Esp the fanart? I don't wanna have to go through that. RSE official art and ORAS official art and a fanart with a background. That's what I need.

The summaries are always a pain for me to work with honestly.

Also, what do we do about Giovanni's Dugtrio?

@Reppu. With all due respect, most of these guys have like 18+ Pokemon. It be a huge mess, not to mention a strain to come up with deceptions for each of them.

Plus, these profiles already take hours to make due to all the stuff they have with them, so making new descriptions just adds more of a workload on us.

For anime trainers with smaller teams, then I can get behind that.

I still have no idea how to handle Dugtrio either. Maybe treat it as a glass canon or environmental damage?

@Dark

I understand, but listing a couple of notable attacks (like Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker or Rampardo's Head Smash) or some frequently used abilities (like Metagross' Meteor Arm) and their abilities would be more than enough to satisfy me.

I know I'm being inconsiderate by saying this, but leaving an entire section blank except for links to another site is just lazy-looking.

@Reppu. Alright I understand now. The more notable attacks + abilities for the more notable Pokemon should could work. My worries is that it might make the pages look messy (I already think the Brock and Blue pages look messy).

I'll update the Iris, Blue, Red and Giovanni pages shortly. Boy does that Giovanni page need work...

On a side note, would Caitlin scale to Hard Mode Grimsley? He uses Tyranitar according to Bulbapedia.

@Dark

I suppose we could leave the trainers alone due to how many different Pokemon they have, but I think that a few notable attacks for the Pokemon themselves would suffice.

I mean, as a member of the Elite Four (who battles Cynthia for sport in the anime) she really shouldn't be far behind.

I mean, if it's their only speed feat. Metagross aren't known for being particularly fast both in and out of game.

The real cal howard said:
Should Metagross and all that scale be meteor speed due to Meteor Mash?

DontTalk said the calc was invalid, which will eventually lead to Metagross and Tauros getting downgraded, sadly

Tauros was already downgaded it seems. Dang, I need to find feats for him. Dude is one of my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon.

Do you have a link to it? Preferably one that doesn't spoil Sun/Moon. The name "Supernova" is making me excited though.

Darn.

Another disapointing thing, I can't find a single good feat in BW so far, other than end game trainers using T-Tar and stuff. Not even any Twister or Earth Power users. Other than the Elite 4, best I could find was a NPC named Vetern Trish using Kingler. I'll keep looking though.

Edit: I think Swanna learns Hurricane, right? Thats 8-A+ I believe. Its something.

Edit 2: Zebstrika can blast of lightning apparently. That's Building+ I think. It should scale to BW Trainers Pokemon reactions, which is a nice bonus.

Guys what do you think about giveing the humans some new categories.

Here are a few I thought of : Pokemon Trainer | Gym Leader | Elite Four Member | Pokemon Champion |

@Dark Since the profiles take a while to make, if you want some help you can crop the images for me and I'll make the profile.(I would crop them myself but I can't)

I have met with a new problem, the question is: are the trainers like Red superior to pokemon's who can produce earthquakes up to Island level Magnitude 10? (From here).

Also the Massively Hypersonic speed for Magneton, when these things are probably accepted we will upgrade or not the profiles.

Environmental damage isn't a thing though. It's only used for stuff that doesn't have a damage output, like Alucard covering London in zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back