• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having looked at a few of our Trainer profiles, I legitimately didn't know that the player characters had canon names.

Anyone mind telling me all of them? Would make profile creation a bit easier.

But first, I call dibs on Lysandre and Diantha.

I think the names are found on the game manual or are the default setting.

As for magnitude, we should treat it as AOE and not something practical in a 1 on 1 match.

Red (we all know him)

Leaf (FR/LG female)

Ethan (Gold)

Kris (Crystal female)

Lyra (HGSS female)

Brendan (R/S/E/OR/AS male)

May (we all know her)

Lucas (D/P/P male)

Dawn (we all know her)

Hilbert (Black/White male)

Hilda (Black/White female)

Nate (B2/W2 male)

Rosa (B2/W2 female)

Calem (X/Y male)

Serena (we all know her)

So if I were to, hypothetically, make profiles for the characters, what would I do about names? Like, just do it as "Calem/Serena" or only go with the male name?

I'm not sure why we should treat this differently than any other Earthquakes feats ever. Unless we assume that Dugtrio can produce Gigatons of energy, but only for one specific technique and not offensively in any way, this makes little sense.

Even with the inconsistency "problem", Tyrannitar is casually above 7-As and Delibird is 6-C when really well trained.

Yeah. Own profiles. Especially considering we could make anime Serena. I don't know how we'd handle the characters from gen 5, as they're basically carbon copies.

I think Mays's profile needs to be updated a little bit

I rewatched an episode from the Hoenn saga and I found something very "interesting" but im not sure if its usuable for May or not.

In the episode, somehow.....May, Meowth and her Squirtle were sent back in time......by the power of a ******* locket......and returned to their original time period using it too.

Since it was a locket May found and kept, should time traveling be added onto her profile? Or does it sound too outlandish?

Can she control it? Or does it just do it without her knowing when it would send her? Only hoping that it would send her to the present? I'm just asking since I didn't see the episode.

Generations (taking all into account): III>II>IV>I>V>VI>VII

My two cents. Just an opinion. Story wise V is my favourite, tho.

He is. But I got the most epic and adorable Marshadow image that I just need to show. Also I call Marshadow's file.

Srry not Palkia, I meant Dialga xD (Although it could be given to Palkia).

Anyways, after the main story. I remembered something interesting concerning Dialga and the players. It was when the players discovered Luminous Springs, the place in the Mystery Dungeon world where Pokemon could evolve just by stepping in it. But when the players tried this, the voice of the springs said that they were unable to evolve due to the distortion in time around them.

So if a distortion in time can stop them from evolving, is that some kind of nullifcation hax? Or preventing someone from transforming, getting stronger, using hax, etc.?

From what I'm getting, you're saying that by distorting time around a target, Dialga would be able to prevent them from changing or growing.

While interesting wouldn't be particularly notable since it's effectively a time stopping ability targeted at the victim's internal time. Dialga has dominion over time period, so he could potentially just stop it and be done with it. That said, it could be notable if the target has demonstrated a resistance to Reality Warping or Time Manipulation (if I remember correctly, the player Pokemon manages to stop himself/herself from fading from existence at the end of the game).

Reppuzan said:
From what I'm getting, you're saying that by distorting time around a target, Dialga would be able to prevent them from changing or growing.
Well its not just changing or growing tho. For pokemon terms at least, evolution doesnt just change your apperance. It changes your biology, power, strength, abilities, and more. Thats what makes it possible for Pokemon to do stuff such as learn moves via sheer evolving or gaining new types or becoming a new species, etc.

But if all of that is prevented and naturally taken away by time distorting, shouldnt that be like a hax/power negation hax or something? Since evolution, transforming and other similar methods are what makes characters more powerful in many ways and by stopping that it prevents them from getting stronger?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Spoiler alert, but here is Mudsdale's Z Move.He stomps the opponent into the Earth's core. Apparently, it would be country level but..Does anyone know how to calc this?
Well I got country level using Kinetic energy

But i could be wrong i'm not exactly an expert at this

YET

Would still be MHS+ even if i'm wrong about the KE the distance between the core of th earth and surface from what i've seen and gotten is 3958 miles they traveled that distance More or less in 4 seconds Meaning they would be traveling at Mach 4679

EDIT: i was wrong i misclicked on the kenetic energy calculater i was using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back