• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Oh, so Megas/Dynamax all over again..
I don’t know exactly what’s being discussed, but it sounds like they’re Wild Pokemon out of context. So unless we’re making our Pokemon Noble, wouldn’t this be more comparable to Totem Pokemon?

I don’t know exactly what’s being discussed, but it sounds like they’re Wild Pokemon out of context. So unless we’re making our Pokemon Noble, wouldn’t this be more comparable to Totem Pokemon?
I meant in the sense that it's this generation's means of making extra-powerful Pokemon, irrespective of whether they're playable or not.
Pardon me & that, please.

AAOVeAV.img

subtle

I hope this is not the case.
Again, it seems that nobody gives you the phone, it just falls from the sky or you find it on the ground "by chance" deja vu .

l2q7q1dfxkq71.jpg

Last edited:
For someone who doesn’t have time to watch the video, can someone say what that is?
I’m about to leave for the dentist lol
There’s an implication of a new Pokémon that vaguely looks like Growlithe or Vulpix. It seemingly lives in cold climates since the guy also sees a Snorunt

Edit: a lot of people are speculating it’s a regional form for Zorua

Last edited:
It’s immune to all of it’s own STAB. It must be very hard to settle disputes if they can’t fight each other.

Maybe they just do things the bonobo way

Technically, Glitch Pokemon already did it first, & in Gen 1, no less.
(Though, because of coding stuff I don't fully understand, all 4 of those Pokemon actually have fake/false types, & thus, no type match-ups at all, so they're more like ???-type Pokemon.)

Anyway, I tried Googling a bit, & even checked the Legends Arceus site. Not that I don't believe it, but what's the most official source saying Hisuian Zorua &/or Hisuian Zoroark are Normal/Ghost type Pokemon?

BTW, Normal/Ghost isn't as good as one would think defensively, it's just the Ghost type with one extra immunity plus Scrappy bait
It shines far more offensively as only Rock/Dark, Steel/Dark, Normal/Steel, Normal/Rock and itself resist it, for which only notable options beyond itself are Tyranitar and Bisharp.

BTW, Normal/Ghost isn't as good as one would think defensively, it's just the Ghost type with one extra immunity plus Scrappy bait
It shines far more offensively as only Rock/Dark, Steel/Dark, Normal/Steel, Normal/Rock and itself resist it, for which only notable options beyond itself are Tyranitar and Bisharp.
It's only got one weakness, Dark, and two resistances + 3 immunities. It's also the only type combination iirc that resists (is immune to) the Ghost/Fighting combination.

Yeah, but it isn't as good as, say, over half of the Steel type combinations defensively speaking, a lack of resistances kinda hurts, even if it only has a single weakness.

-Reborn as a Ghost-Type Using the Power of Spite

These Zorua migrated to the Hisui region after being driven from other lands by humans, who shunned the Pokémon for manifesting uncanny illusions. But the Zorua perished, unable to survive the harsh Hisuian environment and strife with other Pokémon. Their lingering souls were reborn in this Ghost-type form through the power of their malice toward humans and Pokémon.

-Disguising Themselves and Feeding on Targets’ Terror

If Hisuian Zorua spot a lone person or Pokémon, the Zorua may appear before them in a guise mimicking the target’s appearance. Unlike the illusions of the previously discovered form of Zorua, these ghostly mimicries are created using spiteful power emitted from the long fur on Hisuian Zorua’s head, around its neck, and on its tail. It appears that Hisuian Zorua absorb and draw strength from the terror of those who witness their illusions.

pokemon_zorua.png

-Cursed Illusions Erupt Forth from Its Voluminous Coat

The spiteful power emitted from Hisuian Zoroark’s long, writhing fur projects terrifying illusions—and it can also inflict physical harm upon foes, damaging their bodies from both inside and out. And the illusions that Baneful Fox Pokémon projects have expressions of such utter malice toward every last thing upon this world that those who see them are said to be driven mad by the terror.

-A Pokémon with an Unexpected Soft Side

Hisuian Zoroark is ferociously hostile and aggressive toward people and other Pokémon. But it appears to have a compassionate streak for those it considers close or like family. It has been seen to protect Hisuian Zorua, for example. Anyone able to establish trust with a Hisuian Zoroark would likely find it an invaluable ally.

pokemon_zoroark.png

So considering the fact that mega lucario and g-max machamp are gonna 1v1 each other freely i believe we're gonna get some really messed up scaling.

Presuming that mega evolution still makes you 2x stronger

I believe all of ash's pokemon are 2x, kinda like champions and stuff whilst ash's pikachu is >that.
This means that mega evo makes ash's lucario 2x stronger and thus G-maxes should scale to 4x...or we just scrap it entirely cause then again machamp is on an even level and would also be 4x...

Idk what to say anymore tbh.
The scaling is broken.

If I'm being honest the only reason Dragonite could beat m. Lucario was cause of dragon dance... And yet again we cannot use that cause he later beat a champion level haxorous...

Overall the consistency is shattered and the only way i see it is... I don't see it... Everything stopped making sense...

Why can't pikachu harm g-maxes but can harm those who are mega evolved? Maybe ash's lucario mega evolution is just ridiculously strong?

Should we just scale Ash's mega lucario to 5x+, maybe higher depending on how we scale the machamp?

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: we're gonna have to figure out the mega evolution scaling for G-max and Mega evolutions again as they were near equally matched in the latest Mega Lucario vs G-max Machamp fight. The other option is making Ash's mega lucario scale to x5 base.

Back