• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Ah okay.

Oh, thank you! Though, are you unable/unwilling to log on currently? If so, that's okay.

In any case, what of me just transcribing the "tranced civillian scenes" from the episode's English dub?
Also, I have sent you a Friend Request.
Added. I can log onto on the pc it seems

Mind manip is definitely there
Yeah. To summarize/transcribe:

Scene starts at around 5 minutes (English dub timing), & we see a large crowd, with 3 of the many civillians approaching the sandstorm & talking. Before they hear the "singing", they're asking about what's going on, when it's going to end.
Barely a moment after they hear the "singing", they all say they wanna know what's inside, & slump over, walking towards it. We can even see the whites of the girl's eyes disappear (Though the boy's don't, but this could be lack of detail as he's slightly further from the camera.), & the upper lid of their eyes sink. Very common visual shorthand in anime for mind control or such happening.

They walk into the sandstorm, & the next time we see them, they're trapped in a Trapinch pit, albeit, more aware of their surroundings & seemingly not mind manipulated anymore. Shortly after, they're rescued. (Yes, there was a Trapinch, Vibrava & Flygon in the sandstorm.)

An original anime episode thingy was released.

It has English Subtitles. (Click the options in the Youtube video.)
Someone turned into a Gengar.

Last edited:
Dang, people really do just randomly turn into Pokemon huh
Almost time to mark Pokemon off the ‘verses I’d visit’ list lol

Ash's Lucario is soon gonna get his Mega form
8151301-img_20210914_183012.jpg

Thoughts on this?

This was the biggest profile clean up I had to do but it was worth it for the best Gen 5 mon.
Pretty neat that you added in the pre-evos. Too tired to talk much more.
Also, surprised the PokeToons (They're basically anime OVAs unrelated to the main continuity.) haven't got much more attention, & they're free on Youtube, with official English subtitle translations, too.
TBH, I half expected people to try & claim there was a feat with The Dark World in the newest one.

I recently saw an episode of Pokemon Journeys where Ash & Goh go to Alola.

Goh battles Kiawe. His Rabboot's Ember is completely overwhelmed by Turtonator's Z Move, & Kiawe's Marowak dives to get Goh & Rabboot out of the way, implying they were seriously endangered by the Z-Move. But also showing that Kiawe's Marowak has Speed comparable to a Z Move?

Guess that kinda debunks the old "Kabutops is ancient Scyther" fan theory then
I would say that the similarities are largely superficial. Quote Bulbapedia:

"Similar to how Kabuto is based on horseshoe crabs, Kabutops resembles eurypterids, prehistoric arthropods that hunted in seas and rivers and are believed to have been related to modern horseshoe crabs. The large head is also identical to the cephalon in trilobites and the spines down the back resemble their thoracic sections, though the scythes and predatory nature closely resemble eurypterids more. Because of the cross-similarities, it may also be based on the Cheirurus genus of trilobites."

Going off that, it'd be, taxonomically speaking, a lot unlike Scyther, which is a preying mantis.
However, Pokemon Legends: Arceus seems to take place in the late 19th century, or early 20th century. Consider this info about Kabutops's pre-evolution, Kabuto:

"It is a Pokémon that has been regenerated from a fossil. However, in rare cases, living examples have been discovered. Kabuto have not changed for 300 million years."
"It is thought to have inhabited beaches 300 million years ago. It is protected by a stiff shell."

....Although, this may be somewhat at odds with Kabutops's anime Pokedex entry:
EP046Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, and KabutopsAsh's PokédexOmanyte and Omastar, Kabuto and Kabutops. It is believed these Pokémon became extinct tens of thousands of years ago. The details of their behavior is shrouded in mystery. Though some have speculated that they may still exist, none of these Pokémon have ever been seen alive.

As well as this tid-bit:
  • The radio drama The Birth of Mewtwo contains an announcement about Kabutops' discovery by a Pokémon academic circle where it is believed to be the oldest Pokémon discovered and said to have retained its original form since 2 million years ago.

....Still, with Legends: Arceus likely taking place around the 1900s, & Kabutops having existed somewhere between "tens of thousands" & 300 million years ago, it might be theoretically possible that Kleavor is a descendant of Kabutops.
(Though, it would still beg the question of why "sea scorpions" would evolve into rock preying mantises, especially if Kabutops's Rock type is a product of it being a (possibly imperfectly.) revived prehistoric fossil Pokemon.)

Pardon all the words. Pardon me anyone who minds, please.

Last edited:
(Though, it would still beg the question of why "sea scorpions" would evolve into rock preying mantises, especially if Kabutops's Rock type is a product of it being a (possibly imperfectly.) revived prehistoric fossil Pokemon.)
Say what you want about Cara Liss at least she was able to revive fossils into something that isn’t a Rock type

I recently learned that there seems to be a basis for Ash's Pikachu (AKA, Pikachu (Anime) having Elasticity on its profile; He ate so much cake he became as big as a g-max alcreamy or whatchamacallit
Some scaling changes may also end up being prompted, given events in the anime, such as Gigantamax stuff, since, in episode 85 or so, Ash is going to fight Bea. Apparently, it's going to be G-Max Machamp vs Mega Lucario.

Hopefully that helps, all!

Kalos is the region of Generation 6. Based on France. Setting of Pokemon X & Y. Xerneas, Yveltal & Zygarde are notable Legendary Pokemon from it.
Aren’t they the only Legendaries from Kalos? I think if you don’t count Mythicals Kalos has the fewest Legendaries.

Aren’t they the only Legendaries from Kalos? I think if you don’t count Mythicals Kalos has the fewest Legendaries.
If I'm not mistaken, you may be correct. 'course, I only said they're notable Legendary Pokemon, not that they are SOME of the notable Legendaries from Kalos.

According to the official website, noble pokemon are pokemon that have received a mysterious blessing and are stronger than normal.
Also Arceus indirectly gives you a smartphone.

Back