• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

There's gonna be alternate universes and all as well. Parallel team rocket with cool weapons too. Damn they are really hitting us with that special episode.

It seems there's almost nothing new in the faithful gen 4 remakes, the dialogue is essentially the same as in the original.

There are 2 Giratinas in the game, the first one is the one you could find in Turback Cave in the original games, and the other Giratina is this one.

752b8f7b-6688-4421-924d-0ded162c9e4e

They actually managed to lift my expectations up considerably. Everything seems freaking great. I’m disappointed by the lack of Megas, but oh well. I’m not sure I can be mad about dialga and palkia not having new forms, I mean, they are already above every single Pokémon Who isn’t arceus.

I mean probably not too bad as you could include it in the inevitable BDSP revisions
The main problem is finding someone to do it
Going to be hunting for scans once it becomes available in Canada

They even kept the fact they translate it as "It's the creation of a new galaxy! My new world!" When Universe is a better translation then World.

They even kept the fact they translate it as "It's the creation of a new galaxy! My new world!" When Universe is a better translation then World.
It's really surprising how consistent the localization choices are for the Pokémon game series and related products

I’m ngl
I never played gen 4
Tried once, the copy I got crashed after getting your starter, every time. Then the DS was canceled and my charger broke, blah blah blah

Tempted to get it just so I can enjoy the Diamond/Pearl experience, considering I’d never be able to otherwise.

I read the text on Elm's PC in his home.
"POKEMON. Where do they come from? Where are they going? Why has no one ever witnessed a POKEMON's birth? I want to know! I will dedicate my life to the study of POKEMON!"
At the time of very early G/S/C, no one has ever witnessed a Pokemon's Birth? Was this because this was written from a perspective before Elm gives the Eggs, while he's still studying Eggs & Evolution?

Its more they never see the Pokémon actually give birth to the egg, they only see the egg afterwards. Which is something that's frequently said by the daycare people who give you the eggs, that they don't know where the gg came from but they found your Pokémon with it.

They really wanted the remake to be "faithful" to the original, to the point that the story is an exact copy of the originals.
Eh, the story being the same is understandable. What I don't get is why they didn't add most of Platinum's optimizations to the main game.

Its more they never see the Pokémon actually give birth to the egg, they only see the egg afterwards. Which is something that's frequently said by the daycare people who give you the eggs, that they don't know where the gg came from but they found your Pokémon with it.
Aren’t eggs entirely different from giving birth?

Saved for DLC perhaps?
I originally thought that's what they would do, have an adapted Platinum story not unlike the Delta Episode as DLC. But they've kinda already done something with Giratina, and anyways, I was talking more about stuff like Platinum teams in the main game (give Flint his fire types for Arceus' sake)

I originally thought that's what they would do, have an adapted Platinum story not unlike the Delta Episode as DLC. But they've kinda already done something with Giratina, and anyways, I was talking more about stuff like Platinum teams in the main game (give Flint his fire types for Arceus' sake)
At least they get better teams in the rematches and post-game but I get you.

Back