• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Huh, Volkner has a Pelipper on his rematch team

That’s actually pretty cool

Edit: I don’t know if this an error on Bulbapedia’s part but apparently Gardenia’s Sunflora only knows Solar Beam

assuming fragmentation of an average mountain it would be 305927.3422562141204 tons of tnt or 305.9 kilotons

So Low 7-B... that puts them above Drifloon's explosion (depending on context of that feat) which I guess is consistent.

It'd scale to mid stages yeah
oh boy here i go upgrading the verse again!

Actually here's a question.
Remember the 7-B feat for Dragonair? The dragonair was only recently caught when it did the feat. Could this be useful?
The evidence is in the comments to my profile, some dude proved it to me.

Is there a calc for the Vermillion City feat? I'd like to check the context myself at some point but if Dragonair was freshly caught/trained by a nobody trainer then it should be fine.

New Pokemon Evolutions episode!

May vs Base Rayquaza
Rayquaza dodges Aggron's Stone Edge.
Altaria seems surprised when it sees Rayquaza.
Rayquaza's seems to move back from Altaria's attack. Affected by move? Hyper Beam? Dragon Breath?
Mega Swampert's Ice Punch seems to flash freeze (Base) Rayquaza. It also seems to have been sent out Mega Evolved. Considering its size, it may be notable to calculate how much ice was created, so that we know the range & potency of how effective Pokemon Ice Manipulation is. Sure it probably won't get an AP upgrade, but sometimes how much mass or size you can freeze & how fast comes up in Versus Threads.
A Mega Salamence seems to be comparable to Base Rayquaza.

Any thoughts, all?

That's Zinnia's mega Salamence, and it fought mega Rayquaza, not base. Though that's almost definitely an outlier, since if her Mega Salamence was as powerful as Mega Rayquaza it'd invalidate pretty much the entire delta episode.

That's Zinnia's mega Salamence, and it fought mega Rayquaza, not base. Though that's almost definitely an outlier, since if her Mega Salamence was as powerful as Mega Rayquaza it'd invalidate pretty much the entire delta episode.
Perhaps this is a different universe's Zinnia? Who was protagonist in the Delta Episode? Did Zinnia look the same?

Do you have thoughts on any of the OTHER stuff?

i've been struggling with sleep schedule issues and school lately so i haven't gotten the chance to do anything.
I'll make sure to watch the Evolutions and the current anime. The final episode of the dialga and palkia thingy is coming out tommorow so imma give a detailed summary of the events tommorow

in the current anime (pokemon journeys) there's a double episode where ash and co end up caught up in a conflict between dialga and palkia and there are parallel universes and shiz and even parallel ash and team rocket

So what makes saying Zinnia's Mega Salamence is comparable invalid, especially if in another universe, it's shown to be as such?
Zinnia wouldn't have summoned Rayquaza if her Mega Salamence was strong enough to stop/destroy the Grand Meteor Delta

Back