• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon AP Revisions

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So we have long decided that High 6-C was a no go, however, like a lot of Pokemon Revisions, it died off and nothing happened, almost forever lost to time. But, it can't afford to be lost to time seeing as inaccurate statistics are still on the file.

Basically, we need to sort out what Pokemon scale to now seeing as High 6-C is no longer a thing. Apparently, Tyranitar and Pupitar's feats are what we will be using, but apparently there is some issues with Miidle Stage Scaling. Either way this needs to be dealt with and NOT die off people.

WeeklyBattles said:
Stuff like Delibird's lake freezing feat, Sony day and bloom door's cloud dispersions, etc.
Wasn't that 6-C? Also I know not about Sony Day nor Bloom Door. ovo

Yes it was 6-C

Damn autocorrect. Sunny Day and Bloom Doom both disperse horizon to horizon clouds instantly

I was referring to the actual calculation, the feat from the manga was posted a couple times in the previous thread. I believe Kepekley23 argues against it, but i'm not sure.

Heck, I don't even know why we use Poliwrath's feat to upgrade the wild mons too.

Red's pokémon have consistent feats putting them at the level of, at least, the legendary birds since the Red Chapter.

@Weekly

The Delibird was trained, not a wild one. By a Gym leader, no less. It should not be used to scale to wild pokémon.

The calculation was removed and I remember talking to the calc'er somewhere. I think he said he has no memories of what he did in the calc.

@Lephyr If we were against using feats from trained pokemon the majority of the verse would be featless as we almost never see two wild pokemon fighting

Trained pokémon can be used to scale, but they can only scale to those they actually fight evenly with.

@Weekly

We know from pokédex entries and the wild areas they appear. Aggrons, for example, are stated to be extremely territorial and fight anything in their general area. We know Hariyamas and even Mawiles coexist with them, at least, in the victory road of Hoenn, because of the pressence of Lairons.

I can also go through every game and find statements about how wild pokémon are weaker to trained ones.

By lore, and by feats, wild mons and trained shouldn't scale. Specially when talking about Pokémon Adventure's mons.

Kepekley23 said:
Trained pokémon can be used to scale, but they can only scale to those they actually fight evenly with.
That's the thing. The delibird was 100% unbeatable by the protagonist of the Gold and Silver chapter, and Gold could only beat it through Perish Song, which is hax.

Red's Poliwrath is comparable to Red's Aerodactyl and Venusaur, the first has a feat of going against Moltres, the latter contributed to the combined attack that stopped the fusion of the legendary birds.

I say just stick with Tyranitar and Pupitar for now. Those are feats we can use to scale without trouble and aren't done by Trained Pokemon who would be superior to even Wild Pokemon at their max potential.

...Clarifying what I meant, since I received a kudos from Weekly: that doesn't mean trained Pokémon aren't much more powerful than wild Pokémon in every single way.

Trained pokemon are superior to wild pokemon yet wild pokemon consistently put up difficult fights against trained pokemon and regularly defeat them

The only difference between a trained and and a wild pokemon is skill, not power

Unless you're somehow trying to say Ash's Pikachu is not orders of magnitude above every single other member of his species, or that Lance's Dragonite isn't stronger than other Dragonites, that's obviously just...false.

@Weekly

Sure. The victory road is supposed to be an incredible challenge to even the toughest of trainers who conquered the eight gyms. Those wild pokémon are indeed top of the top.

But the protagonists mons from the manga? They should not be used, as they are waaaaay above any wild mon. At the end of the red chapter, Red's team was already considered undefeatable for any normal trainer, let alone a wild pokémon.

There are obvious exceptions to this but the majority of trained pokemon are shown to be on the level of wild pokemon of the same species

Back