• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Absolute Zero - Is it really Absolute Zero?

Regarding Pokemon's "Sheer Cold" Ability, which is Absolute Zero in Japanese apparently, has there been any instance at all of it actually freezing any molecules aside from a description in a Pokedex? Like any sort of anime, manga, or video game scene of Sheer Cold acting like what it is?

In Pokemon Anime and manga it's been frequently used before on other Pokemons and it only causes them to faint. There might be a case where a Pokemon actually survived it but I can't be too sure. Possibly dodged, not big on Pokemon so hoping someone else could enlighten me there. But the justification of it "Being a kid's show and thus they are not allowed to have pokemon die onscreen" is fine and all... But it's not as if it really mimics Absolute Zero effects all the time, freezing molecules and what not. It really seems to be a high level, or rather really low temperature, freezing ability.

That's about it.

Maybe this is more of an inquiry now that I think about it. But hey, looking for clarifications.

Back