• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Po Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
I know it can see crazy and all, but even the profile notes this in the second key:

"(...) at least Continent level+ in the Spirit Realm (Po fought evenly with Jindiao in his true form, who tanked a combination attacks from the four constellations, each of whom should be individually comparable to the chi of Master Black Tortoise, who could stop a life-wiping meteor from hitting the Earth), likely far higher (Jindiao had absorbed the power of the Wellspring, which was described as "endless" as well as the source of all light in the universe)"

I think that just replacing "far higher" with High 3-A seems better here, after all, there's no need to just leave it as "far higher" when we can tell from a glance what tier it would fall at, please correct me if there's some context behind it just being "far higher" instead of "High 3-A", however.

In other words, the idea is to replace "likely far higher" in the second key with "likely High 3-A" instead.

We literally had this discussion which got rejected 2 times already. I'm going to end this

1. A literal statement which is poetic in nature is the only proof of it being High 3-A

2. This is a massive outlier, the tier 6 feats were casual, but tier 3 is a massive no for a series like KFP which is consitently tier 8 and the god tiers are tier 6.

3. The only other evidence we have is manipulating the spirit realm, which is infinite in size. BUT, all he did was use spatial manipulation to create a portal between the normal realm and the spirit realm

In the end, it is a massive outlier for a verse which is consitently far weaker than anything in tier 5

I mean, if that's the case, then the "likely far higher" should be removed if anything, unless there's more stuff or something.

Even if we only take the "light in all the universe" stuff seriously, that's still 4-B.

Bobsican said:
I mean, if that's the case, then the "likely far higher" should be removed if anything, unless there's more stuff or something.
We had likely far higher for outliers before, such as for MCU Thanos.

Also, it should stay, since all of the tier 6 feats are casual

Bobsican said:
Even if we only take the "light in all the universe" stuff seriously, that's still 4-B.
If this gets declined too, a note on the profile should be done.

And yeah, I'm still iffy on the tier of MCU Thanos, but that's for another CRT, just an "At least X tier" would be better then if anything.

Bobsican said:
Bobsican said:
If this gets declined too, a note on the profile should be done.
And yeah, I'm still iffy on the tier of MCU Thanos, but that's for another CRT.
1. Still something far beyond the likes of KFP and that only came from a poetic statement

2. I would advise a note or a discussion rule

3. IG Thanos He is getting revised to 5-A with environmental destruction anyway. His likely far higher is due to being much stronger than before with all the stones and that statement of him going to destroy the universe in endgame

4. I do adivse making it At least High 6-C, 6-A in the spirit realm, likely far higher due to the fact those were casual feats and the statements

1: It's not even in the main canon, so outliers can have different standards there.

2: I can see that working, but I've seen those also being in profiles, Arceus, for example.

3: Oh, but still, that's a bit off topic.

Bobsican said:
1: It's not even in the main canon, so outliers can have different standards there.
2: I can see that working, but I've seen those also being in profiles, Arceus, for example.

3: Oh, but still, that's a bit off topic.
I heard Paws of Destiny is in the main canon, especially with all the references to the movies

Well, then I wonder why it's a separate profile, another note could be used if that's the case.

Wait, poetic statement? Can you please quote it? I know about flowery language and all, but some part of it may be noteworthy if it's the main reason for "likely far higher".

We had about 600 posts total discussing this over two threads. The 6-A rating comes from a solid, explicit feat which fits with the narrative of the story, and is backed somewhat by an amped Po having a High 6-C feat and still being fodder to Jindiao (who is equal to 6-A Po).

I'm not against a Po upgrade, though in terms of High 3-A, statements of 'endless' power are generally unreliable, at least in terms of infinite strength. Still, I don't think any new points have been brought up here.

The Paws of Destiny profile was made to prevent the main profile from being too cluttered. As well as that, the powerscale (specifically in the season finale) is far different.

"Note: Please do not try to upgrade Po (Paws of Destiny) or Jindiao to 4-B or High 3-A unless you have new information regarding either their level of power or the legitimacy of the statements regarding the Wellspring. This is because the statements may be vague or hyperbolic and they are far beyond any displayed feats within the series."

How does this sound?

Those are the only tiers that could come out of the wellspring statements though, I feel like we should be specific.

Personally I still think an upgrade would be correct, but if a note had to be made I'd rather it be the 4-B to High 3-A version, if only because the statements consistently lean towards those two tiers specifically.

I moved and slightly revised the note.

Anyway, I would appreciate if somebody could split off the larger Dreamworks franchises, such as "Kung-Fu Panda" and "How To Train Your Dragon" to separate verse pages.

Yeah, I can do that later. It was something I was thinking of for a while tbh.

Thank you. The Kung-Fu Panda profiles also need to have their verse page links updated if somebody is willing to help out with that.

The "Origin" ones that link to the Dreamworks page.

Are you talking about the links on the pages themselves? I've already changed them.

Aha. Thank you very much for helping out then. It is very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back