• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenixman Profile Rework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time we revisit the Phoenixman fight in the redraw. Firstly, in the official translations there isn't any statements about a mental space and spirit and spiritual are the only words used. Here you see he refers to the world as a spiritual space.

Here in this scan unlike the unofficial translations where he stated they're mental projections he states "we are spirits, your swats are futile."

Confirming they're spirits.

Here he states he's summoning spirits from the Afterlife. More supporting evidence of spiritual manipulation.

This is further supported by the fact that the shaman used to summon spirits. Also. Mentioning that the space inside the costumes lead to the spirit world. Which makes sense with how Phoenix summons spirits from "the Afterlife"

Lastly, he can directly interact and corrupt these spirits as shown here.

I suggest he gains soul manipulation and corruption abilities.

Last edited:
Resistance to soul manip would work, I'm not too sure about corruption, as Saitama never had it used against him.

That's not passive. Corruption seems fine imo, but I'm not sure for soul manip
it was their souls, so, soul manip, as it was affecting the soul, as stated by phoenix man, they were spirits in the spiritual space
s5MPBjpl.jpg

So Saitama should just get resistance to soul manip since corruption is something PM has to do manually
I don't see why Saitama should have resistance unless I'm missing something here. Although he was able to see the spirits and Phoenix felt he was a threat.

I guess Saitama wouldn't get anything then since he broke in and PM never really attempted to do any soul manipulation or corruption on him iirc

My argument is not wether Phoenix Man was using Corruption. It is that Saitama should not have resistance against Corruption, as it was never shown/stated that Phoenix Man's ability is passive, and even if it wasn't, he never used it on Saitama.
I agree with Kachon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back