• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Person of Interest revisions

Lifting Strength

Root has Class 1 lifting strength for breaking necks. John Reese should be comparable to Root, giving him Class 1 lifting strength as well.

Speed
John and Shaw should have their combat and reactions upgraded to peak human, if not superhuman. John's incredible speed is emphasized, and even directly mentioned throughout the series. Additionally, his fighting style appears to be a mixture of Krav Maga and Wing Chu. Krav Maga heavily draws on boxing, skilled boxers are able to punch at speeds of 15 m/s. Shaw should be comparable to Reese in terms of speed.

Durability
The Machine should have three other keys for durability

• Server farm
  • Electrical Boxes spread throughout the city
  • Networked Playstations
As for what durability ratings it should get, I'm not entirely sure. The electrical boxes key would probably be unknown, but as for the other two, I do not know.

That'll work. Reese shouldn't be slower than boxers in combat because of his fighting styles and his lifting strength should be comparable to Root who can snap or break necks.

Fine for Class 1, Fine for Peak Human (not Superhuman unless touched upon).

Is the last bit needed? If so feel free I guess.

Yeah, as of now the Machine is just below average level for being in a suitcase, which it was in for all of an episode.

Oh, then yeah.

I was thinking about that as well, I'll go through his fight scenes once I get back to the states, and can actually watch YouTube.

seems fine, peak human as opposed to superhuman.

All good, peak human. I'm not too sure for giving different *keys* for the different Machine forms, but they should be listed.

Something like Below Average when confined to a suitcase or electrical box, {whatever tier server racks/playstations are} otherwise. They still wouldn't be a ton higher since durability is just AP needed to damage it.

I think it should be noted that the servers and electrical boxes can be easily replaced. Also the Machine and Samaritan should get Duplication for making a compressed copy of themselves.

I would like that but I can't think of a good way to put it onto the profiles.

Duplication seems good.

Nah I don't think so. It might just be a thing to mention in threads if it ever comes up.

Probably, they all seem pretty simple and uncontroversial.

What would be the durability of a server rack. Street level? Athlete level? Average level? I'll list unknown for the time being.

I'd guess street level actually. When you think about a computer case you'd probably want a sledgehammer or something to do meaningful damage to it.

That makes sense, but to what extent are you damaging the actual machine? I'm sure if The Machine lost a single electrical box or server, it would be mostly, if not entirely, unaffected. On the other hand, in Playstation form, The Machine is comprised of only a dozen or so Playstations, making the loss of even one Playstation far more dramatic.

Sure but Durability is just how much AP is needed to damage it, it doesn't really comment on how much the being's affected by the damage it receives.

I feel like servers are somewhat variable in durability though, there are probably some vital components of the server you could destroy with 10-C AP. Honestly, I don't think we have enough information about The Machine's servers to properly rate them, we only briefly see The Machine itself at points during season 1, and the next time the server farm is shown, The Machine has already moved itself.

Yes but I'd think those vital components could only be destroyed with the case removed.

Does something like 10-B seem better since an average human could probably snap many of the circuit boards with their bare hands?

Back