• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Parallax AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
We should remove the "likely low 2-C" to parallax's tier and add a straight low 2-C instead and add on his attack potency "Empowered sinestro to the point that he was able to briefly injure volthoom at his peak".

We are already discussing Parallax's statistics in another thread.

Yeah i know but there are talking about upgrading hal jordan parallax and many others. Not parallax real form.

Okay. I suppose that seems to make sense, but more input from knowledgeable members would be appreciated.

This one: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3543233

Yeah but i bet it is hal jordan parallax who should be 2-A not his real form?

Hal jordan absorbed all energy of the central green lantern battery and was possessed by parallax in the same time. So, i think correct me if i'm wrong that parallax was boosted. However, parallax's true form is a threat to the spectre and when hal jordan was the spectre, his consciousness was between a neverending war between parallax and the spectre and was a universal threat. Again, i may be wrong you know more about dc/marvel stuff than i do.

I mean, if Hal Jordan Parallax is 2-A, I really see no reason why Parallax's true form should stay anywhere near Low 2-C

Wasn't Hal Jordan Parallax absorbed all Green Lantern Central Battery to be that powerful? If anything i guess it is better to remove his true form key and just said "Empowered Hal Jordan to the point he... (All Hal Jordan Parallax feats)".

There's also this sca. Yes it is the same scan of the Spectre fears Parallax but i'm not going to use that statement to upgrade Parallax no. The only thing in this scan imply Parallax being a threat to the Spectre and when Hal Jordan merged with thw Spectre, he was trapped into an endless tug-of-war between Parallax and the Spectre. Suggesting that Parallax is indeed a threat to the Spectre. And if the Butcher can be a threat to the Spectre, i see no reason why it could not be the same thing for Parallax..

@Crimson

DC Comics is inconsistent, and the fear entity Parallax was not portrayed as comparable to Zero Hour Hal Jordan as far as I am aware.

I have seen overwhelming evidence regarding that the different DC, and particularly Marvel, writers contradict each other all the time regarding powerscaling.

Given that the emotional spectrum entities have never displayed an particularly high scale of power, and regular superheroes have been a problem for them to handle, I do not think that 2-A seems like a warranted power level. However, I am open for being convinced otherwise.

Well, The Butcher was able to fight with the Crispus Allen Spectre, who has a few 2-A statements, and Zero Hour Parallax has both a feat and a statement that would put him near the level of the likes of COIE Anti-Monitor.

The Phantom Stranger claimed he could destroy everything, and while under the effect of the Anti-Life Equation, Crispus would have unmade creation. He later undid this.

That can literally be a planet level feat if you wanna be real, "everything" is obviously too vague, you should know this.

Yes, he was amped by it, it wasn't even by his own power since God wasn't giving the Spectre any power at that point, During FC Revelations Issue 3, and he needed the spear of destiny to fix creation.

You can't prove that in the context, because there is no context, so the feat varies, and I brought up a possibility which discredits it and not something definitive, terrible strawman.

Also, he could literally just be referring to Earth, which makes more sense since The Stranger was restricted to Earth at that point, and even then, if it's a universe it means literally nothing because he's already low 2-C

Antvasima said:
@Crimson

DC Comics is inconsistent, and the fear entity Parallax was not portrayed as comparable to Zero Hour Hal Jordan as far as I am aware.
Antvasima makes sense. Parallax's true form was never portrayed to be as powerful as Hal Jordan Parallax. I think low 2-C or at very best 2-C should be fine for the Emotional Entities.

Yeah, we should remove the "likely low 2-C" and add low 2-C. Parallax's true form empowered Sinestro to the point he was able to injure Volthoom at full power and by himself, Parallax's true form is a threat to the Spectre even if the later is stronger than Parallax.

Well, Parallax is only a threat to him in Zero Hour, and that would be way more than Low 2-C, although it being 2-A is heavily contested.

His true form is also a threat to the Spectre and Butcher is also a threat to the Spectre. Parallax should be equal to Butcher. Anyway, we can also just add on Parallax's true form AP that he empowered Sinestro who briefly injured Volthoom at his peak.

Even during Blackest Night Hal Jordan Parallax (Not the Zero Hour Hal Jordan Parallax) fought the Spectre and was a threat to him. I think during Blackest Night, Parallax wasn't as powerful as he was in Zero Hour correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah sorry i should have specified. As i said we can add the Sinestro injuring Volthoom stuff and Parallax being a threat to Crispus Spectre to scale Parallax's true form.

Hope you don't mind me bringing the discussion on a 2-A ZH Parallax here, but this thread is already about Parallax and it was asked that the discussion be brought here.

These two, I think, are Parallax's most blatantly 2-A feats.

- Zero Hour was directly compared to the Crisis on Infinite Earths, and it was stated that all would have been lost if not for the interference of The Spectre.

- ZH Parallax, with extremely minimal aid, was able to defeat COIE Anti-Monitor, causing them multiverse to reset in the progress.

Hmm interesting stuff not sure for the second scan as did it not alone. Maybe 2-B likely 2-A?

But i think we should keep the Zero Hour Parallax stuff for another thread this one is mostly for Parallax's true form.

I am not sure if we can scale from the Convergence feat. It happened off-screen, and apparently involved Pre-Crisis Superman and Supergirl, which would cause demands of upgrading them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back