• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paper Shredding (Mario Profile Revision)

Making fun of me is annoying and derails this thread. If you really want to do it, do it by posting on my profile.
It's wording like this that makes you come off as a bit much, just talk normally bro.
I am writing normally. I'm not going to change how I naturally write just because people are insecure.
Honestly, he kinda writes like he’s Antvasima ngl (No offense)
This makes no sense. Antvasima writes more humbly than I do, and I have no interest in being an administrator on this website.

Last edited:
Are we still arguing Paper Mario is just a artstyle type thing?
Pretty much, if you played the games it's made clear the Paper thing is legit them being Paper, just the paper overworld abillities, stuff like going sideways to fit through metal bars or small crevices, how they move through pipes by rolling around and this is just from the pre Sticker Star games. Post Sticker Star it is even more inarguable

Pretty much, if you played the games it's made clear the Paper thing is legit them being Paper, just the paper overworld abillities, stuff like going sideways to fit through metal bars or small crevices, how they move through pipes by rolling around and this is just from the pre Sticker Star games. Post Sticker Star it is even more inarguable
I get that, and I've played my fair share. I was just asking if the thread was still bickering about that in particular.
Kinda hard to keep track of what the current situation even is in regards to both sides.

I get that, and I've played my fair share. I was just asking if the thread was still bickering about that in particular.
Kinda hard to keep track of what the current situation even is in regards to both sides.
Yes, people still discuss this. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is seven years, old yet people still discuss this. Paper Mario: Sticker Star is over a decade old, yet people still discuss this. I have seen the Super Mario fandom be even more divided about this topic off of the VS Battles Wiki. Like I wrote before, there is an underlying issue that will not be solved by only making a content revision thread that changes how the VS Battles Wiki treats the Super Mario series. There will always be people who make rational points against the interpretation that Paper Mario games take place in a separate world than the normal other games, and there's always the opportunity for someone to bring up the evidence against that interpretation again so they can change things back to the way they currently are. Undoing this revision would be a quick process because of how much support the opposing interpretation has and because of how we're discussing one of the most popular video game series on Earth, so we need more than a revision like this if we want to truly be of influence.

To make the revision more definite and decided, someone needs to make an explanation blog post about why the VS Battles Wiki accepts one of the two interpretations, with the blog post functioning as a comprehensive analysis of both interpretations rather than functioning as a compilation of evidence in favor of one interpretation while separately debunking the other. Such a compilation would get canceled out by someone else's opposite compilation in attempt to disprove it. I'll eventually attempt to make a good explanation blog post about this topic.

Yes, people still discuss this. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is seven years, old yet people still discuss this. Paper Mario: Sticker Star is over a decade old, yet people still discuss this. I have seen the Super Mario fandom be even more divided about this topic off of the VS Battles Wiki. Like I wrote before, there is an underlying issue that will not be solved by only making a content revision thread that changes how the VS Battles Wiki treats the Super Mario series. There will always be people who make rational points against the interpretation that Paper Mario games take place in a separate world than the normal other games, and there's always the opportunity for someone to bring up the evidence against that interpretation again so they can change things back to the way they currently are. Undoing this revision would be a quick process because of how much support the opposing interpretation has and because of how we're discussing one of the most popular video game series on Earth, so we need more than a revision like this if we want to truly be of influence.

To make the revision more definite and decided, someone needs to make an explanation blog post about why the VS Battles Wiki accepts one of the two interpretations, with the blog post functioning as a comprehensive analysis of both interpretations rather than functioning as a compilation of evidence in favor of one interpretation while separately debunking the other. Such a compilation would get canceled out by someone else's opposite compilation in attempt to disprove it. I'll eventually attempt to make a good explanation blog post about this topic.
It was a yes or no question brother.
So can it be applied after the sandbox is done or no?
I'd say let both sides make one final comprehensive explanation, and then cast votes once it's all in one place and not like, whatever the **** happened here.

But I also don't wanna put that on armor because this thread sussy af as it is
ezgif-2-c147a7ec36.gif

Really, Paper Mario cast & world being paper is hammered in a lot and part of the setting and stories. Majority of things against them are "hey, reference!", which are frankly far less substantial.

The biggest benefit of doubt is that originally Paper Mario likely wasnt intended to be that much papery, but the series has evolved into papery world. A retcon you could say, an unfortunate one even, but it is what it is.

Probably the biggest thing in favor of it being canon is the block museum full of blocks of Mario’s previous adventures, which has a Paper Mario block.

My comprehensive explanation exists already, I've put forward a big block of evidence and almost none of it has really been addressed.

AStrangeverse plans on making profiles for the split. Hopefully that goes well. If it takes too long, we could always consider the idea of someone else changing the profiles, so don't worry.

slight issue

cuz Fuji and Kirbonic decided to make a 2-B downgrade thread for the verse, I'd have to wait to see what they've changed on the profiles so I can add it to my sandbox

slight issue

cuz Fuji and Kirbonic decided to make a 2-B downgrade thread for the verse, I'd have to wait to see what they've changed on the profiles so I can add it to my sandbox
Well, Paper Mario's base stats will likely stay at 3C and MFTL+ due to scaling to Base Mario. Paper Jam gives statements about them being equally comparable in strength, you probably know the ones. You can cross apply this to basically every other Paper character at least, even if it seems a little silly to do at a glance. I would prefer using Paper Mario's own feats like the planet rotation fan and stuff for his tier, but them's the breaks.

Pure Heart/Chaos Heart/Void stuff is likely gonna end up being 2C just so the thread can be wrapped up, and lowering it any further will hopefully just have to be saved for another time.

All abilities from the Paper games will just have to be transferred to their Paper counterparts proper.

I imagine some CRTs will need to be made in the future exclusively for Paper Mario to pad out his arsenal and abilities and such, as well as apply Paper specific feats to profiles and such.

I imagine some other things will likely be pushed as well lol

They're definitely comparable, I guess you could claim that they grow in power through the series since now that they're split from mainline that can actually happen without contradictions, which means they could be weaker before PJ, but I think just a single 3-C rating is fine until research regarding that is done.

They're definitely comparable, I guess you could claim that they grow in power through the series since now that they're split from mainline that can actually happen without contradictions, which means they could be weaker before PJ, but I think just a single 3-C rating is fine until research regarding that is done.
Yeah, this is mainly just to get something there for now, because otherwise there's a high chance to CRTs will get stalled like last time. Its best to get the more general changes made then cover the finer points later on.

Well, Paper Mario's base stats will likely stay at 3C and MFTL+ due to scaling to Base Mario. Paper Jam gives statements about them being equally comparable in strength, you probably know the ones. You can cross apply this to basically every other Paper character at least, even if it seems a little silly to do at a glance. I would prefer using Paper Mario's own feats like the planet rotation fan and stuff for his tier, but them's the breaks.

Pure Heart/Chaos Heart/Void stuff is likely gonna end up being 2C just so the thread can be wrapped up, and lowering it any further will hopefully just have to be saved for another time.

All abilities from the Paper games will just have to be transferred to their Paper counterparts proper.

I imagine some CRTs will need to be made in the future exclusively for Paper Mario to pad out his arsenal and abilities and such, as well as apply Paper specific feats to profiles and such.

I imagine some other things will likely be pushed as well lol

pain

If I had to take a general guess, TTYD at best has an earth shaking feat which would probably be around Tier 6 somewhere, Super has all the uni stuff with the Pure Hearts, Color Splash gives the planet rotation feat (but Paper Jam released the year before so its made to be pretty irrelevant)

So in later revisions I could see Paper Mario having a tier pre and post Paper Jam, and then one with the Pure Hearts. Depending on if Color Splash or Origami King give anything particularly notable could bump it up, but Sammer's Kingdom and Olly's Uni feats are bunk and can't be applied to base form, so I wouldn't expect base PM to get anything above 3C though.

If I had to take a general guess, TTYD at best has an earth shaking feat which would probably be around Tier 6 somewhere, Super has all the uni stuff with the Pure Hearts, Color Splash gives the planet rotation feat (but Paper Jam released the year before so its made to be pretty irrelevant)

So in later revisions I could see Paper Mario having a tier pre and post Paper Jam, and then one with the Pure Hearts. Depending on if Color Splash or Origami King give anything particularly notable could bump it up, but Sammer's Kingdom and Olly's Uni feats are bunk and can't be applied to base form, so I wouldn't expect base PM to get anything above 3C though.

so in summation, Paper Mario's keys would be:

Pre-Paper Jam | Post-Paper Jam | Royal Stickers | Pure Hearts

that look right?

What’s wrong with Sammer, is it assumed Tipi teleported them out?
The game literally just goes "man that was weird, what happened?", never acknowledges the event again, and never explains shit. It is the most vague form of Deus Ex Machina, and is completely unusable (although the fact that the cast survives while the Pure Heart was heavily damaged does imply they were teleported out).

so in summation, Paper Mario's keys would be:

Pre-Paper Jam | Post-Paper Jam | Royal Stickers | Pure Hearts

that look right?
Yeah, that seems to make perfect sense to me.

i think for the purpose of getting the split done quicker pre-paper jam should be worried about later

also pure hearts should be before the post-paper jam key, chronologically that's the order, and it works better in terms of listing P&A too

Back