• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ozpin revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DaReaperMan If this is supposed to be a jab at me, just letting you know you also agreed to it not scaling to Ozpin's stats. So tone it down with the passive aggressive tone.

Anyways it was already explained in the original downgrade that Ozpin died not that long after the fight as confirmed by Salem, and Cinder wasn't shown to be exhausted let alone having her aura being drained completely so why would he scale in the first place?

I agreed to not scaling Ozpin to his shield just for scaling him to his shield. Here he possibly scales to his own shield, making him being a stone wall with his shield not an argument for an outlier.

Because he fought fairly evenly with her, even cutting some or her attacks out or the air and clashing with her physical attacks, if that isn't what you'd call "does scale" then your living in de Nile... pun apsolutely intended!

Last edited:
In the fight you don’t see the glowing eyes until the very end and his shield gets destroyed by Cinder. Can you show me that her eyes are glowing in any of the parts beforehand because I don’t see it.

Yeah we really don't see the trademark "Maiden Eyes" when she was fighting with Ozpin. Animation error on the part of Roosterteeth? Maybe. But with absolutely 0 context I don't feel comfortable directly scaling them.

The whole glowing eyes thing weren't firmly made consistent until Volume 5. In Volume 3, there are times where she used her powers but there was no glow. For example here, no glow yet she is using her powers. As such the fact that she didn't have them shouldn't discredit the fact that she was using her Maiden powers during the whole fight.

The whole glowing eyes thing weren't firmly made consistent until Volume 5. In Volume 3, there are times where she used her powers but there was no glow. For example here, no glow yet she is using her powers. As such the fact that she didn't have them shouldn't discredit the fact that she was using her Maiden powers during the whole fight.
I mean if you can prove she was using her Maiden powers I wouldn't mind. But this is still speculation at best. Also, your link is broken.

The fact the glow is still a thing back in Volume 3 kinda shoots your argument in the foot given we've scene scenes in V3 where the maiden's eyes glow.

The fact the glow is still a thing back in Volume 3 kinda shoots your argument in the foot given we've scene scenes in V3 where the maiden's eyes glow.
How so? The fact there are also instances where they don't glow yet they are still using their powers shows that they didn't make it consistent till later and that Cinder was using her powers against Ozpin even if there was no glow.

If you pay attention to the scene where Ozpin is fighting Cinder, the final clash you can see glowing eyes in Cinder's face, and this happens AFTER she powers up with maiden powers. So yeah she wasn't using maiden powers until the very end where she destroys Ozpin's shield and kills him.

If you pay attention to the scene where Ozpin is fighting Cinder, the final clash you can see glowing eyes in Cinder's face, and this happens AFTER she powers up with maiden powers. So yeah she wasn't using maiden powers until the very end where she destroys Ozpin's shield and kills him.
Again. The point of those pics is to show how the glow is inconsistent and you can’t rely on it to indicate her using Maiden powers. This pic happened at the beginning of her fight with Pyrrha showing the glow, yet literally in the same scene of that pic, her glow is missing even as she fires her next attack and she is clearly still using her Maiden powers. This along with the other two pics, means that we can't say that she wasn't using her powers fighting Ozpin just because we don't see any glow because of how inconsistent the animation was in Volume 3.

Anyways, I won't be able to reply anymore tonight as I have work soon. Sorry.

You’re forgetting one important detail between the two fights, in the end of the Ozpin fight you literally see Cinder power up and you see her eyes glow where before she doesn’t have any glows in her eyes. That’s not something you can compare to an animation error.

And uh... Cinder can't use anything but her heat attacks when she's not using her Maiden powers. She threw ice at Ozpin.

Is that really ice or just the melted particles she took from the melted floor? Because the visuals show the melted floor pieces making those pieces.

Doesn't really matter if the heat Manipulation Cinder has shown isn't based in cold.

Plus Cinder had fire on her swords, something she can't do without Maiden powers either.

You’re forgetting one important detail between the two fights, in the end of the Ozpin fight you literally see Cinder power up and you see her eyes glow where before she doesn’t have any glows in her eyes. That’s not something you can compare to an animation error.
If it was just one instance it wouldn't be a problem, but the fact that there are multiple instances means its unreliable. Why would the fight with Pyrrha be the only one full of animations errors yet the one with Ozpin, which took place earlier in the episode, be consistent? The fact that a later fight was full of those errors shows that RT didn't make it consistent till later. Also, Cinder did power up before fighting Oz when she gained the rest of the powers.

First of all, could some people please calm down?

But anyway, Ozpin at least traded blows with Cinder and I don't see why he should scale from her to an extent.

Well, the way DaReaperman talked initially seemed heated even if not intentional, the comment right before Glassman's response. And Glassman's reaction wasn't the best though not too bad.

@DaReaperMan can you prove it’s actually cold and not just an animation error because I can see the particles forming together like she always does with her semblance in that scene.

Or that can be just fire dust, which if it was just maiden powers then why would she power up to maiden powers at the end of the fight?

@SilentLyfe except we literally see her power up in the very end of the fight and we see the eye glows in the end, that’s the one time in the maiden fight for Cinder in V3 where they were consistent with the animation.

@DaReaperMan can you prove it’s actually cold and not just an animation error because I can see the particles forming together like she always does with her semblance in that scene.

Or that can be just fire dust, which if it was just maiden powers then why would she power up to maiden powers at the end of the fight?

@SilentLyfe except we literally see her power up in the very end of the fight and we see the eye glows in the end, that’s the one time in the maiden fight for Cinder in V3 where they were consistent with the animation.
I think the color being Ice Blue is more then enough to say it's cold.

Unless Cinder's profile is formatted like crap then her Dust is Magma, not Fire

Why would she only use her Maiden powers at the very end when she used it the whole time during her fight with Pyrrha? And again, the fact that there were so many animation errors in that fight means we can't say her fight with Oz was the only time it was consistent. Also I already showed that she powered up having the glow before fighting Oz when she gained the rest of the powers.

Honestly at this point we're just going in circles so unless any new points are brought I think others should give their input regarding it.

Last edited:
My biggest gripe is that we're assuming something based on something that was never confirmed.

The animators never came out and said "We had errors regarding Cinder's Maiden eyes in Volume 3"

So this entire upgrade is based on guesswork.

My biggest gripe is that we're assuming something based on something that was never confirmed.

The animators never came out and said "We had errors regarding Cinder's Maiden eyes in Volume 3"

Wrong, Cinder can't use things like her fire without her Maiden powers, her dust and such are just heat, not fire.

There is no need to because we see multiple instances in her fights. They didn’t make it thoroughly consistent until Volume 5.

Last edited:
@DaReaperMan considering you literally see the particles float together to form projectiles like she always does it’s not a leap in logic to assume it’s a color error for her shots.

@SilentLyfe and during the fight she powers up again and has glowing eyes as a result, if she didn’t power up at all during her fight with Ozpin I wouldn’t mind but the fact she did calls the maiden scaling for Ozpin to question.

@SilentLyfe and during the fight she powers up again and has glowing eyes as a result, if she didn’t power up at all during her fight with Ozpin I wouldn’t mind but the fact she did calls the maiden scaling for Ozpin to question.
The fact she did power up before she fought Oz should indicate it. It makes no sense for her to power up her Maiden powers before fighting, not use it during the fight, before suddenly deciding to do so near the end when it’s more reasonable to conclude that she was using it the whole time and that the lack of glow was an animation error based on the later fight she had with Pyrrha.

Like I get it, if it was consistant between the two fights I would have no problem with this. But the fact that Cinder was using her Maiden powers fighting Pyrrha even though she had no glow around her eyes brings the whole Oz not scaling to Cinder argument into question.

Last edited:
The first post seems to make sense to me, and seemingly to Medeus as well, but I I also trust the senses of judgment of Sir Ovens and Theglassman12, who know this franchise much better than I do, so I suppose that I am neutral here.

@Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @SomebodyData

Would you be willing to help out here please?

Cinder also like doesn't even have fire manipulation outside of Maiden Powers from what someone informed me, though it's been a while since I watched the older seasons of RWBY. But if that's true, I think SilentLyfe is correct here.

@SilentLyfe You are talking about RWBY where characters can do dumb shit for no reason so it’s not out of the question to assume she went to base form when fighting Ozpin and then power up, and the chain of events where we see her power up and see the glow is indicative of it.

@DarkDragonMedeus she does use fire without maiden powers. The first episode literally has her do that.

@SilentLyfe You are talking about RWBY where characters can do dumb shit for no reason so it’s not out of the question to assume she went to base form when fighting Ozpin and then power up, and the chain of events where we see her power up and see the glow is indicative of it.
Yes I'm not going to deny that characters do dumb shit. But its a much bigger stretch to say that in this instance as she clearly not only powered up but was using it before she fought Oz, when it's more reasonable based on the later fight to assume she was using them the whole fight but they didn't animate the glow.

Last edited:
Didn't taking the Maiden's power happen in a flashback that chronologically happens before the 1st episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back