• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Revisions

While some Overwatch profiles aren't too far off the mark (such as High 8-C Winston, seeing as he matches blows with Doomfist in the latest character release trailer), the fact that all profiles are scaled to this just because they can harm Winston in-game is kind of stretching it. Most, if not all encounters in-game would be non-canonical, since they just don't make any sense (made obvious by Talon and Overwatch agents working together against other Talon and Overwatch agents without any reasoning). Scaling should only be made from the canon material, such as comics and cinematics. Therefore, some Overwatch profiles will have to be revised.

I dont see any problem with scaling them to each other in-game, we do so for a lot of franchises. Regardless if whether or not the encounters make sense they can still damage each other. Also, youre forgetting that Junk and Roadhog survived a large building exploding and (If anyone else would bother looking at it...) Mei's Endothermic Blaster is capable of this.

@Weekly

About the Junkrat feat, I recently noticed that he and Roadhog busted through a wall to walk outside before the bombs went off, but the vast majority of the other feats should still be legit (though I may have to double check them to be 100% sure).

I see. Well there's still Doomfist (Speaking of which there's a crater he made in the new cinematic that could possibly be calced) as well as Mei's gun so they shoul be fine

WeeklyBattles said:
I dont see any problem with scaling them to each other in-game, we do so for a lot of franchises. Regardless if whether or not the encounters make sense they can still damage each other. Also, youre forgetting that Junk and Roadhog survived a large building exploding and (If anyone else would bother looking at it...) Mei's Endothermic Blaster is capable of this.
I'm not disputing High 8-C Overwatch characters, I'm disputing ALL Overwatch characters having High 8-C due to non-canonical gameplay, so I don't see why you mention High 8-C Mei. The problem with scaling from non-canonical gameplay is just that: it's non-canonical. The game has to be balanced, which means each character has to be able to feasibly fight against any other character, otherwise the game would be unbalanced and therefore hardly any fun at all. The devs don't care about character power anywhere near as much as they care about making a good game. Also, if the wiki did the same practice of scaling through non-canonical gameplay with a series like, say, Street Fighter, the Street Fighter verse would consist mainly of Island levelers, seeing as even Dan Hibiki is capable of putting up a fight against the likes of Akuma and M. Bison in-game. Until we see each character have High 8-C feats in canon through either a direct showing or scaling, scaling each character High 8-C due to being able to fight Mei and Winston in-game is not much more of solid grounding than just assuming

@Sheev

If any agent was unable to fight other agents, then they wouldn't be very useful at all.

Tracer's rounds were a threat to Reaper, who survived beatings from Winston, who took on Doomfist head to head.

Similarly, Soldier and Ana threaten Reaper, Reaper can reduce large mechs to scrap with his shotguns.

SheevShezarrine said:
Also, if the wiki did the same practice of scaling through non-canonical gameplay with a series like, say, Street Fighter, the Street Fighter verse would consist mainly of Island levelers, seeing as even Dan Hibiki is capable of putting up a fight against the likes of Akuma and M. Bison in-game.
...You do realize that the reason Street Fighter characters are Low 7-C is for this reason right? Literally the only person in the verse with a feat of this caliber is Chun-Li.

Could we also discuss the Overwatch verse page quickly

Why have we changed the Sections of Offense,Defense,Tank and Support to the Canonical teams?

Theres not really a problem, but it just looks a little uneven.

Speaking of Doomfist, his character was just introduced into the game roster ergo other character's will likely be shown being able to contest with him in future cinematics and comics.

Could a calc be obtained from Doomfist launching Winston with a punch? It looked like he sent him flying at least 50 meters. He also casually picked up a car and threw it a comparable distance.

I'm not against scaling or anything, but lore wise, Doomfist seems like one of the most powerful characters in Overwatch.

@Reppuzan

Those showings come from the comics and cinematics, meaning there is no need to question the showings as just being game balance.

...You do realize that the reason Street Fighter characters are Low 7-C is for this reason right? Literally the only person in the verse with a feat of this caliber is Chun-Li.

That answers nothing

@Sheev

The difference there is that Akuma is consistently canonically superior to most of the rest of the cast.

The Everlasting said:
@Sheev

The difference there is that Akuma is consistently canonically superior to most of the rest of the cast.
And Doomfist fought and defeated Genji and Tracer at the same time, making him canonically superior to them

Back