• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrade: Part III

WeeklyBattles said:
Seeing as Genji reflecting the attack caused his sword to immediately glow red hot its safe to say that there would be at least SOME vaporization
All metals vaporize at a heat that's well above the temperature needed to make it start glowing.

And while I could imagine some metal might have reached that temperature at the point of impact, either it's such a small amount that it's not worth calculating, or there's nothing that could let us objectively determine how much.

Well unless there is metals in that verse that can have a heat tolerance. But still we see heat and steam from the damaged areas

CNBA3 said:
But still we see heat and steam from the damaged areas
For the last time, steam and vaporous metal are two entirely different things. I strongly feel like, in the case of metals, soil, and rock, statements are needed to confirm if something was vaporized. There's no real visual cues that can't lead to something less intensive.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
I originally read the title as Overlord and was going to get annoyed. But it's overwatch. Continue
those are coming later this year

Steam, Vapor, you get what I mean, on here as long as there is visual showings that would show that it would be vaporization, and there are still residual signs of heat before it cooled down, even with a lack of significant debris to compansate for the affected area.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm not really debating the matter more, since the same points are being rehashed, and I'm running out of creative ways and evidence-based examples to illustrate what I'm talking about after having explained myself four-five times over. I'm seeing nothing new from CNBA besides them restating their opinion on what happened, so I don't feel obligated to continue giving evidence when I'm receiving none in return.
This about sums how I feel about the whole ordeal

Vaporization isn't a reasonable assumption, the calc shouldn't be used as is.

So should we use Dargoo's suggestion then, and if so, is somebody willing to re-do the calculation?

Shouldn't the high 8-C reupgrade be rolled back since dmua withdrew his support for the calc?

I also have an issue with that feat in general. Judging by how the ball rolls up the arm for a while before exoloding, clearly having been in contact for a while. This would indicate that it functions more like a bomb, so he doesn't need to scale to it's explosion to deflect it.

DMUA disagreed with Dargoo? It seems like I misremembered, misunderstood, and mixed things up then. My apologies.

Can somebody provide a summary?

No, I agree with Dargoo and disagree with the High 8-C feat

The edits should be rolled back accordingly

Wokistan said:
Shouldn't the high 8-C reupgrade be rolled back since dmua withdrew his support for the calc?
I also have an issue with that feat in general. Judging by how the ball rolls up the arm for a while before exoloding, clearly having been in contact for a while. This would indicate that it functions more like a bomb, so he doesn't need to scale to it's explosion to deflect it.
I would disagree to but it is not like any conventional bomb, it is a energy projectile, it is not a physical object that contained a payload, the attack it the payload,

if given how it is done, it is more of a direct contact for the attack to take effect, and since it just glided on the size of the metal, it would make sense.

@DMUA & Dargoo

What needs to be done here, in summary?

For his reaction time, he would scale to being near a black hole, which is 1/3 the speed of light

Also, D.Va's self destruct would be added for stats as in lore not only did she survive she was also conscious still.

WeeklyBattles said:
It wouldnt, the black holes he uses are in containment fields
I am referring to the one that literally ripped his body and mind apart and affected his reaction time

Also, it was never stated that his attacks are black holes, certainly do not behave like black holes.

here is an image to his lore

Sigma.png

Which makes sense with what his trailer showed.

Going to bed now, will talk more later.

CNBA3 said:
I am referring to the one that literally ripped his body and mind apart and affected his reaction time

Also, it was never stated that his attacks are black holes, certainly do not behave like black holes.
I think it's pretty obvious his attacks are black holes. What that means for his raw stats (like speed, AP, durability etc..) is another debate entirely.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
CNBA3 said:

I think it's pretty obvious his attacks are black holes. What that means for his raw stats (like speed, AP, durability etc..) is another debate entirely.
not all gravity based attacks are black holes, if it were, then they would have yielded different results than when his experiments first created a black hole that tore his mind and body apart within it'se proximety. for Stats, I am only seeing that his reaction timing was affected when he was close to his black hole in the origin story.

I'd rather us not have another discussion on Sigma's attacks, seeing as we already have a conclusion that they aren't realistic black holes and I'd perfer if we ended this revision on the third thread.

First, What Sigma uses are not even black holes, Second, the only real black hole is the one that made him what he is today, not only does it have momentum/rotation like actual real black holes do, he stated that it does have mass, density and momentum, not only that it warps his experience with time like real black holes do and tore his body apart, it was not acted on by physical force or matter and has no physical boundaries too.

Sure, just not right now obviously because we don't really have many feats available to upgrade.

Either way only like three people in the verse are 9-A atm so like that's gotta change

Jackythejack said:
Sure, just not right now obviously because we don't really have many feats available to upgrade.
Either way only like three people in the verse are 9-A atm so like that's gotta change
Actually, there is the D.Va self destruct feat, I noticed that not only did D.Va in lore survived, she was still conscious even after being hit by it.

I calced it, and it came to be Multi-City Block level.

I mean at that point MCB sounds like an outlier compared to other feats but I won't be saying much. I'm just saying right now Overwatch should be 9-A and the other profiles should be lowered to 9-A

Back