• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrade: Part III

CNBA3 said:
The energy continued to expand outward as you see it pass through her, and the full image of the explosion shows it much bigger.
I just went through, frame by frame, the explosion, and it never passes/consumes her. It barely approaches her.

She gets hit by the shockwave at best, at some indeterminate distance away.

She was 44.83 meters away, and the energy blast radius is 46.11 meters, and the total blast is 240.62 meters. From calcing all the images

And believe me, that is the shortest energy blast range that I calced.

CNBA3 said:
She was 44.83 meters away, and the energy blast radius is 46.11 meters, and the total blast is 240.62 meters. From calcing all the images
She wasn't 44 meters away.

She starts falling at 5:46 and the explosion goes off at ~ 5:55-56. She would have fell several hundred meters before the explosion went off, assuming she accelerated to and maintained terminal velocity.

I actually calced it and it got accepted here.

And calcing the size of her mech to her distance give a different answer, also from the base to where the explosion occurred (267.59 meters), when you actually do all the images to scale one another you get a more concrete result.

And that is the word you said, assumed, not really convincing to me

CNBA3 said:
And calcing the size of her mech to her distance give a different answer (267.59 meters), when you actually do all the images to scale one another you get a more concrete result.
Using vague angsizing of an object whose perspective cuts in-and-out as time progresses between looking down and up at D.Va is far less reliable than using basic physics and a single linear POV with the scaled distance in the foreground with the explosion to get size.

There's also the fact that the explosion doesn't actually hit DVa in the cinematic that actively contradicts your calc, while mine is more consistent with what we actually see happen in the cinematic.

Cuts in and out? I use the images of D.Va by her Mech to know how big the Mech is and that is how we can find the distance between the two, and even more of the surrounding area. And the fact that it did as you can see the energy blast right past her.

Sorry but limited data to apply feats is not really how to make concrete findings.

If you look closely just before the light engulfed it, you can see her Mech

yoi can see streams of energy passing through her.
1ED6A4D7-E0C2-4302-963A-AEEB1E7DBD79

Still inside the energy blast contrast to being the blast wave, which looks energetic by the way

That's... not inside of the energy blast. The most that's near her is green particulates that where ejected from the 'fireball'.

As usual, I'd like to see a scan of her mech inside the blast in the same shot you measure it.

Those don't look like particulates, they are usually smoke or dust, liquid droplets. In fact you can see those "particulates" before the explosion accumulating into the core, not ejected from the explosion seeing as the energy explosion was still going, which against makes sense as it was the short end of the blast

here is an image, you can see the mech in the center.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 9.46.53 PM

and that is how it works before the explosion, the Mech is consumed by light, from the image, from the size of the Mech, that is how you can get the distance between them, as for the energy blast I used the short radius to the center. EDIT: I am going to bed, will talk more in the morning.

UPDATE: I corrected my calc, with angsizing, I have used the formulas from websites, now using ones here, and I got different results for the overall blast (The distance between D.Va and her Mech remains the same = 44.83 meters)

Distance from the base = 3748.33m

Energy Blast Diameter = 855.91 m

Actual Blast Diameter = 4466.69 m

Height from explosion = 2483.65 m

CNBA3 said:
Those don't look like particulates, they are usually smoke or dust, liquid droplets.
I don't know what kind of smoke you've seen before, but smoke doesn't look like that in the slightest. Her mech's explosion was more of a generic energy blast than a conventional fireball + shockwave detonation.

CNBA3 said:
In fact you can see those "particulates" before the explosion accumulating into the core, not ejected from the explosion seeing as the energy explosion was still going, which against makes sense as it was the short end of the blast
Which isn't really evidence of the explosion actually hitting her, seeing as those particles weren't even inside of the blast radius to start and could have very likely been sent out to D.Va's distance from the force of the blast.

Honestly arguing the exact mechanics of a fictional energy explosion to try and stipulate something that is actively contradicted by what's shown on screen and what's measured with better calculation methods is a waste of time and effort, IMO.

CNBA3 said:
here is an image, you can see the mech in the center.
That isn't the same shot as when it exploded. Like I already explained it cuts to and from D.Va while she's falling like 3-4 times before it actually goes off, which matters a lot as at terminal velocity her distance from the mech is drastically increasing. (Double checked, it is the same shot, but these issues still remain:) Even if it's in the same shot, heck, the fact that the POV is moving with D.Va makes measured sizes wrong regardless.

So whatever you're pulling from the explosion size is inaccurate. Angsizing can make calcs stupidly wonky when done even a smidgen inaccurately, and there's good arguments that it should be avoided when clear, easier, more reliable alternatives exist for measuring when both the explosion and the distance measured is in the foreground.

The calc is bad. Not as bad as the vaporization calc earlier, but still bad. There's an already accepted calc for this explosion, and the amount of time that it took D.Va to hit the ground also contradicts any of the measurements you pulled and pictures of the full explosion.

That is exactly what I said it is energy base, I don't know where you're getting this particulates thing from. It already it her as she was well inside the energy blast radius you can see the impact as the energy hit her and is brushing against her. It doesn't contradict if you admit it to being energy in the first place, even light is energy and she was hit by a blast that is energy. As for explaining the mechanics of fictional energy, it hardly matters anyway unless we know said energy is unique compared to real energy, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and explodes like a duck, then it's a duck (well dead duck but that is besides the point). It doesn't matter as you can still see the mech and thus it is scalable, even previous frames do not matter in the latest one, and operates as how it does as close up, it is consumed by light before exploding. So you are saying that this websites angsizing is wrong? Because let me tell you that they can work when you use the size of something as a point of reference for angsizing, which can be measured by practical means. I'm using the same method as you did For the explosion. Not when those alternstives are based on assumptions and no real effort is put in. And that calc you used is based assumptions, which I put in actual scalable feats to find the size of the explosion. Not when the blast would propel her faster to the sea, plus you have to take into account every single moment of the change in velocity of her fall as she changes her area to alter the drag she experiences which changes her velocity before the explosion.

And also, I still think the Vaporization still applies to the Omnic feat as there are many things that contradict the latter.

Yeah, both verses don't seem to have been applied yet, is someone willing to make the changes.

I did but i dont believe anyone calced it, and it would scale to the majority of the verse as almost everyone has canonically fought them at some point

You can ask some calc group members directly for help if you wish. Spino says that he is bored due to school being shut down, and want tasks to pass the time, so he might be willing to help.

Back