• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrade: Part III

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Welp, the second thread filled up rather fast.

Continued from here.

What Has Been Agreed Upo

• Gameplay feats are to be removed from all pages, as gameplay is non-canon as well as completely contradictory to the verse's lore.
  • Doomfist's AP and durability are to be downgraded to Small Building level+ based on this recalc of one of his notable feats. Winsto in Primal Rage scales to this, as he was shown clashing with Doomfist's gauntlet while in said state. Reaper's guns also scale to this, due to harming Winston while the latter was in Primal Rage and forcing him out of said state.
  • Soldier: 76's AP and durability are to be downgraded to Small Building level based on this calc. The amount of characters who scale to this still needs to be evaluated.
  • Roadhog and Junkrat are to be downgraded to very low-end Small Building level based on this recalc of one of their shared feats. The amount of characters who scale to this still needs to be evaluated.
  • Comprehensive ability source list can be found here and here. Granted some are contentious and were discussed in comments below them.
What We Still Need to Discuss

• Hammond's feat, apparently.
  • Possibly scaling/abilities for minor characters that weren't discussed previously.
  • Implementing ability revisions/drafting revised pages.

Why would we need calcs to discuss scaling?

Calcs assignt he value, scaling just determines what characters share that value. The value itself doens't change much expect possibly, if it's too high, being an outlier for some characters.

I'm pretty sure we can agree that a speed value exists in the first place.

Tracer reacting to Amelie's bullet in one of the first clips should be a good start.

Genji being subsonic, just based on the cinematic/comic feats, makes sense, yeah.

I'm iffy on the Tracer feat, she was aware Widow had her gun pointed on her for a number of seconds, and could have activated her recall in response to that as opposed to the bullet itself, making it a pseudo-aimdodge minus the dodge.

The mass may actually be higher than what is listed, I only used the size of the largest real life hammer as scaling but according to one of the devs Hammond is comparable to a pikachu in size

Looks fine, although I don't see where you found the value for P from.

Hmm? Thats the value i was tol to use and the value thats used in every overpressure calc i found here, is that not the right value?

P isn't a constant, though? You'd need to find how much pressure (in bars) it exerts on objects on the given distance in meters. Otherwise we're assuming all shockwaves apply the same force, which is just untrue.

It should be possible to find the value; I think the shockwave pushes over some objects.

I don't think the shockwave itself caused injury. I agree with Drite on .45 or .15.

Dargoo Faust said:
I don't think the shockwave itself caused injury. I agree with Drite on .45 or .15.
I redone the calc on the Blog, the result was Wall level, with that said, i didn't know that we could use that formula for shockwaves, gotta keep that for the future

Because i just assumed Hammond was the size of a the largest irl hamster when one of the devs stated that he was the size of a pikachu

WeeklyBattles said:
Because i just assumed Hammond was the size of a the largest irl hamster when one of the devs stated that he was the size of a pikachu
So it is lower? Cause you used .471 meters, when pikachu is .4 meters

WeeklyBattles said:
That doesn't seem to be accurate to his model/concept when compared to other characters, especially since Pikachu is officially over a foot tall.

That and Pikachu's height fluctuates a lot depending on the game/anime/whatever.

@Dargoo Its actually spot on lol, Hammond has a calculated height of .47 meters whereas pikachu is .4 meters tall

Drite77 said:
So it is lower? Cause you used .471 meters, when pikachu is .4 meters
Okay imma be honest i genuinely didnt realize that lol, never mind then it should be fine

@Drite the current calc is fine as is, i legit forgot how small pikachus are so i thought it would be a higher weight but i was wrong

I mean, you calced in game, and we know how cannon that is. Using officail heights should be better IMO

That is using official heights, i calced his height in the cinematic not in-game and it was stated by the devs that heights dont change in-game, plus he doesnt have an official height

Back