• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrade: Part III

In the Overwatch 2 Rio de Janeiro mission, Reinhardt repeated the same feat Winston did by jumping out of an aircraft and destroying a bunch of Null Sector troops upon landing. Brigitte also seemed to have jumped from the same height.

Reinhardt showing up by driving a truck backwards through a group of null sector troops and them busting through the wall instead of the doors is the most reinhardt thing

Another thing to note is, Mei apparently can't self-heal like she can in gameplay. Tracer was ready to retreat due to Mei being injured until Mercy had to heal her.

Honestly we should be more hyped about the hax upgrade she'd get seeing as her ice caused that mech to physically desintegrate

WeeklyBattles said:
Honestly we should be more hyped about the hax upgrade she'd get seeing as her ice caused that mech to physically desintegrate
Freezing stuff to the point of brittleness then having it collapse under its own weight isn't hax.

Not that she can do that without using all of her ammunition at once, or without assistance from Tracer's pulse bombs.

WeeklyBattles said:
It does prove that her freezing scales to AP though
Not really? That blast is nowhere near what she can normally put out; it was the detonation of her entire cryo-pack, enhanced with Tracer's bomb.

Besides that materials getting brittle due to being cold isn't because the cold is "damaging it", it's just how the metal in the omnic would naturally react to being reduced to massively sub-freezing temperatures. Gravity and pressure did the rest of the work after that.

Not referring to the blast itself, im referring to the fact that it shows that her freezing canonically has the effect it has in-game, freezing people entirely rather than just encasing them in ice

Oh, that. Well yeah, it'd be pretty silly if she just cooled the air moisture around the person to freezing temperatures but somehow didn't affect the person inside.

Have there been any calcs on the new cinematic feats? If not, I might take a whack at a few of them later this weekend, if it gets the ball rolling faster here.

Dargoo Faust said:
Have there been any calcs on the new cinematic feats? If not, I might take a whack at a few of them later this weekend, if it gets the ball rolling faster here.
There are still feats from current overwatch that need to be calced

Drite77 said:
@Weekly Winston got affected really badly by it, not as much as Mei, but he did felt a punch
Thats like saying widow should be 9-B because she was mildly inconvenienced by doomfist's gauntlet

@Weekly It really is not, in that example, Widow clearly didn't received any damage, but in Winston's he is clearly dizzy because of the explosion (The cinematography also may implie that Winston passed out for some seconds), not midly inconvenienced, plus 76's feat who is not only really close to this one, but it was also in his upper limits, wich implies consistence

@Dargoo

For the ISL, ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

And it was various smaller explosion, and i calced it only one since they all seem the same

@Dargoo Can you please look into the other feats I've been trying to have calced for over a month now?

Ultimately, it's not his obligation to calc absolutely everything. You're the one who wants the feats calced so while you're free to ask others to do so or do them yourself, if it's just not happening then oh well we go ahead till they're there.

I did a quick calc for the Giant Mech crumbling into small flakes, estimating each body part of the Mech, Mei's potential energy with prep time would be around City Block or so.

If you need pics, I can provide but it is far from complete due to complex shapes of the mech's body parts.

So there is a new Overwatch short story, which should give us lifting strength feats for some characters and durability limit for advanced suits of armor.

I started pulling the large bricks of concrete that the girl was half-buried beneath. It would have been nice to have some help. Winston, or Reinhardt, or Sojourn, or Genji would have been perfect for the task. I remembered Venezuela, where we'd dug people out from the aftermath of the massive storm. There was no way I could have dealt with the rocks back then if not for the power of the Valkyrie suit.

"You're—" she started, recognition in her eyes. Her posture had shifted, and I put a hand on her shoulder to keep her from moving too quickly. I didn't want any excitement and adrenaline to make the situation worse.

"Going to help you," I finished for her. I grunted as I pulled back another slab of wall and flung it to the side. "I wish Reinhardt was here."

"Reinhardt?"

"My friend," I said. "Big, strong. Never stops talking." My wings flared out as I pulled back hard on the last, heavy slab of concrete. I helped the girl to her feet. Her face was marked with soot and ash with faint lines of tears running in a river through.

I heard the telltale sound of an incoming mortar. "GET DOWN!" I shouted and I grabbed her and dove back to Hanan's brother, covering them both as best I could with my body and the outstretched wings of the Valkyrie. The wall exploded outwards, sending concrete and glass flying across the room to crash against my armor.

Debris rained from the ceiling and hammered down against me. I staggered down, all the protective padding and shielding of the suit bearing the brunt of the impact. When it finally stopped, I stood up, silently reminded myself to thank Torbjörn for all the work he'd done in crafting the suit's armor. "Is everyone alright?"

There was no response, so I had to look for myself. The display on the suit was down. As I stood, I heard a cracking sound as one of the wings creaked. Broken. I felt battered, and the physical exertion was starting to take its toll on me. Hanan looked up at me, curled up defensively, her eyes wide and terrified. Her brother wasn't moving—the shock of the blast had been too much, and he'd passed out. It was hard to see outside. It was as though we'd been entombed deep underground. The systems on the Valkyrie were offline. It seemed, for all intents and purposes, we were trapped.

We were going to make him once this revision was done lol, i have hisnprofile all written up and ready to post

MeleeniumRXJ said:
So is the general cast being put back to High 8-C?

Unless there was a calc recently posted I'm unaware of, no.

iirc most of the downgrades haven't even been applied yet.

Back