• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrade: Part III

But his height is stated on the official Overwatch wiki, and no, you calced his weight in game using Zarya's to calc the wrecking ball, than using the wrecking ball to calc Hammond's hieght, in game

He doesnt have a canon height though, the overwatch wiki literally lists it as unknow

And yes, the heights in-game are consistent with the heights in-lore

I already explained why, i forgot how small pikachus actually are, i thought they were larger but theyre not, theyre actually right in the ballpark of the height that was calculated for hammond

I thought pikachus were larger than the size i calculated for hammond but theyre not theyre around the same size

WeeklyBattles said:
theyre around the same size
Actually, small differences like that stack up really quick when you're using them for scaling and then mass.

How was he scaled exactly, though?

@Dargoo Scaling his height to the height of other people in the verse via side by side comparison

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo said to revert all the changes until this thread is done
I don't recall saying to revert the changes, just that I was frustrated with the fact that they were made before the revisions were finished.

Jamesthetaker said:
Something that noticed a while now. Hammond fought in the mech battle arena of the Scrapyard and were winning numerous times. Shouldn't he be above people like Junkrat?
Did Junkrat/Roadhog fight in the mech battle arena too?

@Dargoo Faust Actually no, but many other Junkers do and Junkrat doesn't seem to be any stronger than them. If i remember correctly, he was once almost get killed by some Junkers, if not for Roadhog there to save him.

Well the overwatch 2 trailer showed characters like lucio and brig keeping up with and fighting on par with characters like tracer soooooooo

Probably

Also this canonically confirms that every character can fight and beat a heavy assault unit

WeeklyBattles said:
Well the overwatch 2 trailer showed characters like lucio and brig keeping up with and fighting on par with characters like tracer soooooooo
Brig and Mei, not Lucio, but yeah, we get to see both of them in combat alongside the other OW members, finally.

WeeklyBattles said:
There's also a story mode that makes basically everyone's in-game abilities canon
Let's not jump the gun until the Story Mode is actually out, eh?

None of them seemed capable of defeating the giant Omnic at the end; it took a joint assault from all parties involved to take it out.

The gameplay trailer shows glimpses of story cutscenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZl1yGUetjI

It has Lucio shooting with Tracer, but Tracers bumps into his back with Blink, and both of them basically shoot while stationary.

So what feats can we gather?

• Winston jumping from a VTOL (at a relatively low altitude) and safely landing without a chute
  • Winston's lightning gun causes multiple Nulltroopers to explode
  • Winston sends multiple Nulltroopers clinging to him flying, and carries a hovercar
  • Winston and Mei aim dodges the collosal omnic's laser beam (?Null Titan?), and Mei pushes a civilian out of danger in the process
  • The Null Titan's laser beam somehow causes a chain of explosions on the ground it burnt, and Mei is able to react to them and create an ice shield
  • The part where Winston tries to hold the Null Sector forces on his own has a slomo with small energy projectiles; the slomo also includes civilians running, so we can calc the speed of the projectiles.
  • Genji is now more OP and >>> Winston, so he jumps in front of Winston after three plasma-like shots from the Null Titan's energy cannon are fired in rapid succession, and then deflects them with his sword toward enemies. The blade was smoking and glowed red for a bit, so there is probably a limit. Winston did not react while the Null Titan was charging up his cannon, so he was either resigned to die, can deploy his bubble shield quickly, or he planned to dodge.
  • OP Urban Genji can simultaneously throw three shurikens on the heads of three different Nulltroppers, and can vertically bisect a Nulltrooper with his Swift Strike.
  • Reinhardt can rocket jump through a truck's ceiling, and destroy multiple Nulltroopers with Earthshatter. Brigitte's Whip Shot can shatter five Nulltroopers in one go.
  • A combination of Reinhardt's and Brigitte's shields can block the Null Titan's laser beam for a while.
  • Echo's original concept has "particle beam" so maybe that is what she is shooting at the Nulltroopers. Her flight speed and agility allows her to dodge and navigate through dozens of homing missiles.
  • If Mei's backpack explodes it can freeze and shatter the Null Titan. Winston can throw that backpack a good distance, and Tracer can Blink close to the Null Titan's height. What is peculiar is that the Null Titan can react to Tracer and almost successfully intercepts her (this confirms that Blink has a cooldown). Tracer uses Recall to return to Winston, but if we go by gameplay abilities this means that the whole segment happened in three seconds, so either that or Tracer can rewind for a longer period of time.
  • Genji shows up and saves Tracer, moving faster than both her (without Blink) and the Null Titan, and cuts clean through the Null Ttian's hand with his Dragonblade.
  • Genji's customizable upgrades includes releasing an energy projectile with his Dragonblade.
Genji and Echo are the gold standard for consistent speed, with Tracer's Blink/teleport apparently having a higher speed in shorter bursts but with a cooldown.

Finally some more feats that can be calced, Wew. The downgrades still seem appropriate for now though.

Doubt we will need any sort of timeskip key though, unless something really wild happens

While I doubt we'll see a return to High 8-C anytime soon, yeah, the new trailers give pretty much everyone new combat feats, notably those who severely lacked them before.

I don't support OW as a verse anymore, or any Blizzard verse for that matter, so I'll just comment on what's posted here so we can wrap this up.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
  • (this confirms that Blink has a cooldown).
Minor nit-pick. This was already confirmed way back in the 2014 trailer cinematic for the first game. I think it's more-so that her blinks draw from some sort of resource that requires time to recharge. I believe her guns are also connected to it. There's a moment in the 2014 cinematic where both her Crono Accelerator, and her guns go offline for a moment, and Tracer is forced to take cover until they turn back on.

I mean i'm just glad there are more abilities between heroes. Makes for much better versatility. Looks like we are going to have to wait a while for the new game but i doubt they wont show us anything new (Like the characters) in the meanwhile.

I do agree with waiting for the new game, but some more calculations are good.

Back