• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrade: Part III

@Weekly

You can ask some calc group members to help you out.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
CNBA3 said:
she was still conscious even after being hit by it.
She was hospitalized. She was also a fair distance away from the epicenter.
That was likely when she hit the water, that doesn't change that she was still awake when the blast hit her, and the radius of the explosion is 240.62 meters. Also she was active and back at the HQ in the morning working on the next Mech.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Question, are we taking into account the game mechanics as well?

Also, If you fall from 20 feet (6 meters) above the water, you'll hit the water at 25 mph (40 kph), the impact is strong enough to compress your spine, break bones or give you a concussion. And falling from 150 feet (46 meters) or higher on land, and 250 feet (76 meters) or more on water, is 95% to 98% fatal or would die.

D.Va was falling from 877.92 ft, so her terminal velocity would be 85.79 mph.

Even after hitting the water, she still has consciousness overtime

And I just calced the epicenter, and it was 92.22 m in diameter, and D.Va was 83.25 m away from the very center, so she would be close to the explosion, so she does survive and remain conscious.

We're not using the game mechanics because the devs themselves said not to

Snip

Okay, even so, with how close D.Va was to the epicenter and was still alright, she should still scale to it.

37 is a lot of distance when you operate in surface area

4 times pi times 37^2 is 17203.3613711 square meters, which would be the number that divides the result. With a cross sectional area of like .89, that would turn a town level explosion into a building level feat.

Actually, I made a mistake with the angsizing, it turned out while the blast diameter still is 92.22 meters and her distance from the very center 44.83 meters, so she it actually inside the explosion.

... it doesn't even look like much of a blast hit her

Like yeah obviously there was an impact but it just looks incredibly underwhelming

I dunno, either way, distance is big, no go.

Because it didnt, it was even stated that if she were any closer or in the epicenter it would have killed her

The distance between her and the mech before the explosion is 44.83 meters, and the energy blast radius is 46.11 meters, and the total blast is 240.62 meters that is what I calced

Also she got KO'ed by it and needed to be rescued and hospitalized by the looks of the video. Idk how she didn't drown but ok. I don't see why she'd scale to something like that though, it'd be akin to 9-B rando for being badly injured by but surviving car crashes or something.

CNBA3 said:
The distance between her and the mech before the explosion is 44.83 meters, and the energy blast radius is 46.11 meters, and the total blast is 240.62 meters that is what I calced
If you're just going to contradict yourself the immediate post after you make a statement, can you just sit down and not complicate it further

she was still conscious even after the explosion, and even at that height she did not die which in real life humans would be dead by then and still managed to get some consciousness after hitting the sea.

You need the direct hit launcher or a crit to 1 shot a scout but that should be kept over on its own thread anyways

DMUA said:
CNBA3 said:
If you're just going to contradict yourself the immediate post after you make a statement, can you just sit down and not complicate it further
I simply made a mistake which I admitted before, and I make typos, sue me. but this is what happened and calced

CNBA3 said:
she was still conscious even after the explosion, and even at that height she did not die which in real life humans would be dead by the and still managed to get some consciousness after hitting the sea.
That's actually not true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi─ç

People can be conscious after car crashes too, and fade in and out after other traumatic injuries.

Please note that D.Va is canonically one of the weaker members of the case on the level of Mei so she wouldnt scale to the majority of characters

I don't really see how that is the case when Winston while in Primal mode was downed by standard shotguns

Wokistan said:
CNBA3 said:
she was still conscious even after the explosion, and even at that height she did not die which in real life humans would be dead by the and still managed to get some consciousness after hitting the sea.
That's actually not true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi─ç
People can be conscious after car crashes too, and fade in and out after other traumatic injuries.
Fair enough, but the difference here is that D.Va was fine with only a couple cast and working and retained her memories in the morning while Vesna was out for days in a coma.

WeeklyBattles said:
In really hope you didnt honestly just refer to the Hellfire Shotguns as 'standard'
but winston did not suffer the same affects as Jack did, so by that account, they would be standard for all we know and they really hit his suit which is not really flesh

WeeklyBattles said:
Winston was brought to his knees twice and nearly knocked out by the Hellfires what are you talking about
it has to pierce the opponent for it to take affect, and there was no wounds on Winston, have you ever considered that Reaper's weapons are just that strong, without the hax?

CNBA3 said:
in real life humans would be dead by the
I think it's well agreed that she's above human level, which is like tier-10. D.va, if the downgrades go through, would be tier-9 which is still blatantly above superhuman.

And her falling from that height is fairly consistent with the likes of Brig, Reinhardt and Winston jumping out of an aircraft with no parachute.

Tier 9 isn't inherently superhuman, actually. 9-Cs exist irl, off the top of my head Mike Tyson's been measured there

She was, she was 44.83 meters away, and the energy blast radius is 46.11 meters, and the total blast is 240.62 meters.

Wokistan said:
Tier 9 isn't inherently superhuman, actually. 9-Cs exist irl, off the top of my head Mike Tyson's been measured there
Well I think Overwatch is being downgraded to 9-A (from High 8-C). That's still quite up there in terms of real life humans.

9-A's superhuman yeah. Tanks are there. DVA still needs physical feats on that level to have stats like that though.

Back