• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overused Blonde RPG Protagonists Go At It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The last thread seemed inconclusive and the one before that was closed real fast because it was apparently a stomp in Cloud's favour. I'm hoping this one can go well.

Considering the tier gap, I think all Link's hax can do is stall him at best. (Save for Existence Erasure since Cloud doesn't have a resistance to it in his profile.)

But since i don't think Link would lead with existence erasure i'd say Cloud.

Dunno if that would make much difference. I mean, Cloud was skilled enough to dodge and block Yazoo's gunfire while Kadaj and Loz were ganging on him, on top of being weakened by the Geostigma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Z5uxM7HkU as seen around at 1:00 he can react and dodge shooting towards him from the distance, even when his is guard down.

Cloud also has long-range magic that has power on the same scope as his normal attacks. Several of his spells such as Ultima, Comet, and Demi also can't be reflected.

Due to the tier difference, this is too one-sided in Cloud's favour, since he only has to reach Link with something to win. IIRC the previous thread was said that Cloud is 60 million times stronger than Link in terms of AP.

Hadou, the last match ended with Cloud as the victor, and that was before he had all of that resistances, not to mention Link uses his sword over any other weapons. This just makes it even further in cloud's favor due to the AP gap.

Links entire reason last thread was because Time Stop

Cloud still won

Now it's negated

Why is this a thing?

Until we reach a time where Link is 4-B, this is a stomp. Time Stop was his only saving grace last time and now Cloud is resistant to it.

The absolute most Link has right now is Existance Erasure with Ancient Arrows. But Cloud can just speed himself up and slow Link down and destroy him before he can get a chance to fire.

@Zeldasmash Link would need to get FAR into the 4-B range to stand a chance against cloud since he oneshots baselines pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back