• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord vs dark lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd how this match isn't "Ganon hits Ainz, the end". Ainz uses one the few spells that'll put down the pig, and gets a trident through his head. Or a sword. Or any assortment of magic. Ainz needs to cast spells. Ganon's aura alone is dangerous, and doesn't fool around. That's not his character.

So, what's the conclusion for each one personally? I've really been looking forward to hearing y'all s opinion

At least wait till the Ainz Ooal Goal revisions/range upgrades are done, then the thread can be remade.

Yes, I know, because I was the one who moved it. Was talking to someone who asked why it got moved.

I honestly don't get why so many people seem to hate Ganondorf's character quality; really depends on the game to be honest. In Twilight Princess, I get he had like almost no personality, but was an epic final boss cinematic wise. But his backstory was actually pretty deep in A Link to the Past, and being the reincarnation of an ancient Immortal Demon King actually fits well with his character. Wind Waker also added depth to Ganon's character, even if his character design seemed out of place in my opinion.

Just because someone's an Evil villain doesn't mean they're a bland character; in fact, characters we love to hate are the best kind of villains.

How's Ganon a bad character? He's easily the best in the series.

Look at Link, the guy follows orders and acts like a total machine. Only in WW does he have a decent character design where he actually shows expressions, and Skyward sword also does something similar. Zelda on the other hand gets captured to no end and is there always to fulfill that one role that makes you win or something.

Ironically, Zelda's an interesting character only when she disguises (Sheik and Tetra). The only games in which she had personality are BOTW and possibly SS and ST.

Link doesn't have a personality because he's supposed to represent the player (just excuses, they simply can't make a main character with personality ovo)

I love all their characters. Zelda was a generic damsel in early games of course, but Sheik and Tetra have more personality. And actually, Spirit Tracks Zelda was amazing; it's the only time in the series where Zelda was actually more badass than Link. Also, she's got a lot of personality in both Skyward Sword and BOTW. And actually, Link does have personality, he's the Strong Silent type. He does show facial expressions and does heroic actions in the cutscenes. It's not always easy to see it, but personality is still there.

And Ganondorf is surprisingly underappreciated in terms of character. However, while he's the best villain in terms of Evilness level or fearsomeness, I do like Majora and Ghirahim better as characters though. Majora is very unique being a demon possessed mask with imp like features. And Ghirahim while a bit of an underdog for a villain, has some of the best dialogue balancing poetic lines of a British gentleman with furious outbursts of a mad man.

Didn't know that, I'm knowledgable of very little zelda games at most, and from my memory the ganondorf of them were pretty much: The big bad is here to destroy the world!

And I wasn't saying being a villain makes a character bad. Ainz is a villain character, but I think he's bad because he's pretty lackluster with the only thing that makes him interesting is his internal conflict and (IMO exaggerated) feelings of his former friends. But it's very easy to get annoyed with him as of recent volumes, such as some random gal misunderstanding him and becoming a loyal zealot likely to start a kingdom-wide religion, and him knowing so little it's astonishing that he still bullshits his way through it, perhaps even improving the planned accomplishments of the genius of the story via luck.

I do, too, but they're not as good as other characters. Zelda has personality, but only in half of the games she appears, but she has more or less a different personality every time.

Link has personality, but it's very subtle. And it's not very good (even compared to guys from the saga). But I like a lot his manga personality, which is pretty much the opposite of the game's (except from the basis)

Ganon is probably my favorite villain in the saga, the guy is the incarnation of a demon that will always return to conquer Hyrule as the incarnation of an extremely ancient demon king. Majora is probably one of my favorite as well, given his craziness (and in his second phase I once got hit as I was still like "what the heck is going on here?"). I also like Vaati

Ganon is actually a far more developed character than people think, the man was under great pressure, he was the king among his people, he was the embodiement of evil, he was living under hot sun and unforgiving conditons, he wanted better, and he got it, he became an evil pig full of destruction.

Wind Waker Ganon is the best version of him honestly, he was kinda of a sympathetic villain in this game as he was just envious of Hyrules green fields and large lakes while he and his people were stuck in the desert which often brought death, he just wanted a better life for himself and his people. He could of easily just conquered the surface in the Wind Waker, but instead he tried to bring back Hyrule because he couldn't let go of the past and, and because he couldn't let go of the past he doomed his own future.

It's a shame that when Twilight Princess came around they just kinda ditched all of that, likely due to the backlash Wind Waker received when it was initially released which caused them to make everything more like the "perfect" Ocarina of Time, including making Ganon just another standard evil tyrant. Don't get me wrong Ganon is pretty badass in this game, but he doesn't hold a candle to his WW portrayal imo.

I would love for Nintendo to expand upon the groundwork they layed for Ganon in the Wind Waker.

I still like twilight princess Ganondorf though, he was smart and cunning. Sure he didn't appear much, that was part of his character, he was injured, he preferred not to engage in more dangerous situations, so he had a pawn do the job for him while he did what he intended to.

Ww Ganon has great character development while Teilight princess Ganon has the best Design of the characters appearance.

It's been over 10 years since we saw Ganondorf last, I hope they bring the humanoid form back soon

Unholy Bindings said:
well this went nowhere... :(
Most Ainz vsbattles end up this way. That's just how it is with characters like Ainz that have lots of hax; they usually either stomp, get stomped, or go inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back