• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.V

Regarding the discussion last thread

It is stated because of her race she is immune to poison, this is without items. Even without breathing the gas has some chance to reach her lungs, no? There should be other types of poisons that reach other organs, so shouldn't it be 'Shizu is immune to this type of poison' (gas) instead of saying she is immune to it.

-
Muchacho mrm

Shizu doesn't have lungs or organs, she's an automaton

In lieu of not enough information, it is okay to assume that she simply doesn't lack the biological faculties to be affected by something like poison.

Just in case, being affected by mind hax and not by poison is not some kind of arbitrary decision. This is fiction, so a consciousness/soul/whatever that can be mind haxed doesn't need to be concurrent with a biological body.

I'm confused, it might be because i'm sleepy but last thread has some deleted posts? Well anyways I stated automatons may have a brain then I remembered the poison bit, meaning she has no organs to be completely immune (non-undead), also the brain yes, is an organ.

Edit: The quote you have there is a minute too early, I changed my previous post just a minute or less later.

An automaton is a machine. In other words, a robot. They don't have any organic parts. That would make them a cyborg instead. It's okay to assume that she's immune to poison and any mind manipulation that only affects biological brains.

Yep, in Overlord's case it just seems like robots are treated to have consciousness, so most mind hax will work

At least until further clarification

83YiCYB
Leave Ainz Ooal Gown to me.

["—Slow."

Brain's cold words. Before those words reached Eruya's ears, Brain already activated one of his martial arts.

That was— "—God Speed Level 2"

Twice as fast than Eruya's martial arts—No, by several times, the blade was unsheathed from the hip. What Eruya saw was a flash of light, as for the Lizardmen, they did not comprehend what happened at all.

With a speed beyond mere common sense, the slash passed through Eruya's body twice. A flash of white—]

Also Death Knights are OP if left unchallenged. They turn those they kill into squire zombies half their level but this has a limit on how many can be turned, but then those killed by the squire zombies become regular zombies and this has no limit. Also the more undead that gather, the negative energy makes it likely higher undead spawn.
WH3kWb6
[There is a reason that Death Knights can threaten a country, which is that those killed by a Death Knight become a squire zombie.

This is quite strong.

These zombies are half the Death Knight's level.

However, do Level 1 citizens become undead of such power? Isn't that a problem?

Oh, the number of squire zombies that can be made at a given time has a limit, but... The problem is that those killed by the squire zombies become regular zombies.

These zombies have no upper limit!

And when lots of undead gather, the more likely higher level undead spawn.

That should convey how dangerous Death Knight can be.

Undead can also act without rest.

High defense coupled with decent damage synergize to escalate matters...Is it actually the worst threat?] - Author thoughts Volume 9

https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/170524/blogkey/1184793/

Imagine being an anime director and saying this right next to the author...the anime industry is brutal.

Interviewer: How many novels will Overlord III cover, and can we expect to see more battles in this season?

Itou: Season three will cover books 7-9 and every battle from those volumes as well, of course.

Interviewer: How much do you seek to change from the source novels in adaptation? Do you prefer to stay as faithful as possible?

Itou: Of course changes are sometimes important to make events more exciting when translating the prose into anime form. But we also want to keep all the scenes in that inspired us from the novel, so we try to cut or change only for time constraints. I hate to lose those scenes too, but sometimes we must. The process of adaptation is all about learning to balance different types of enjoyment between mediums.

For me it's extremely cringe/awkward

Hashimoto: For the character designs, Director Itou was engrossed in the books and so he picked up on things occasionally missed. One of those was the fact that Demiurge's eyes were diamonds.

Yoshimatsu: In fact there are many scenes where Demiurge's eyes can be seen behind his glasses. But when the director said that [They should be diamonds], we had to redo them such that his eyes cannot be seen.

so-bin: Was that so!

Yoshimatsu: The secret that his eyes were made of diamonds was finally revealed in the last episode.

Hashimoto: Well, the whole office felt great about it *Laughs*.

Anime is a different medium yes, he's adapting based on what excited in the novels and to cut things because of time contraints, the word here is preference, which reminds me Ainz was sitting on a throne made of Dark Young tentacles.

It was a decisive win iirc

Since Accel just has to touch Ainz and he's dead

And last I checked, we treat a win con as a win con, regardless of if it's unlikely

if Strahd vs Ainz is labeled as a decisive win, then Ainz vs Accel should absolutely be added

No, we treat a win con as a win con if it's realistic, even if it's unlikely. But if there's a literally astronomical chance of it happening, it doesn't matter that there's a chance.

It's the difference between decisive wins and actual stomps.

And Accel touching Ainz twice isn't realistic?

Ainz had to find a single room in an entire country, and somehow know to destroy a coffin in it in order to permakill Strahd

imo, that wincon is highly unlikely, but that match is decisive win for Strahd

I see no reason that Accel vs Ainz shouldn't be added

Automatic aura of instant death? Time stop? Silent death spells that scale above lower potency death spells and that are strengthened by Ainz to the point it can kill people with enough resistance to resist the unenhanced version? Unrestricted teleportation as far as the eye can see?

Yes, I find it incredibly unrealistic to think his chance isn't astronomical.

hmm then how was ainz vs strahd added? From what I could tell at the time ainz had no resistance to soul manip/sealing, and his only means of victory was to hunt down a highly warded room in a country sized realm before strahd sealed him. Sounds just as unlikly as accel touching ainz twice, as both would require incredibly out of character stupidity in order to secure victory

ExactlyThe pen or the sword said:
hmm then how was ainz vs strahd added? From what I could tell at the time ainz had no resistance to soul manip/sealing, and his only means of victory was to hunt down a highly warded room in a country sized realm before strahd sealed him. Sounds just as unlikly as accel touching ainz twice, as both would require incredibly out of character stupidity in order to secure victory
Exactly

And even if Ainz had found the room and decided to investigate that one room for some reason, he had to know to destroy a random coffin

Frankly Lancelot, Ainz's wincon vs Strahd sounds much more unlikely than Accel's

So I completely disagree with it being a stomp

If anything the strahd victory is even more unlikly then the accel victory, in order for accel to win ainz needs to make two mistakes.

One ainz has to let accel get in range (starting distance 20 meters)

Two ainz has to fail to teleport away after accel killed him the first time

For ainz to beat strahd, strahd must make the following mistakes

One, don't seal ainz

two allow ainz to wander the contient for weeks to months in order to find his sealed and warded room

Three somehow allow ainz to learn that his coffin must be destroyed something ainz has no means of learning.

Considering from what I understand strahd seals in character right away I have alot more trouble believing strahd can loose to ainz, then I do believing accel could eeke out a win against ainz,

Ainz vs Strahd has literally nothing to do with Accelerator Vs Ainz, don't use one case to justify another.

If you actually think it's too unlikely to count as a wincon, go argue that in the match removal thread. As I remember Ainz completely one shot kills Strahd, who needs to revive and come back. Strahd, likewise, won't use his winning card for a while, giving Ainz time to try and find him.

If you don't agree with this, agai, argue it in the proper thread and don't use other matches as justification.

Or are you honestly gonna lie to my face that you see a chance for Accel to touch Ainz when Ainzhas an automatic mind/death haxing field extending meters away from him?

You realize that pretty much no match counts Ainz's Aura as on during the fight right?

At least not one I've seen

despair aura is togglable

Just thought Id add strahd is bloodlusted in that fight...So your argument about him not getting off his win con early is moot as bloodlusted implies he's going for his win con faster then he would in character.

Then change or add or remove any matches that are affected by that, unless we are gonna disregard what was talked about before that there's no reason to assume Ainz has it off.

I entirely forgot about that. Then, feel free to argue that Ainz finding his lair is so unlikely that the match feels like a stomp.

Ill go throw it up on the thread removal request, as sba demands characters are in combat I see no reason the aura wouldn't be active so we should look over the matches that effects...Ill start looking through later

Back