• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Discussion Mk.VI

It is energy as it says good or evil would die to it, but well the energy density is unknown, all we know are it's capabilities. Meh, I'm not confident on it getting accepted hence why I posted it here instead of a blog :p

Regardless, be it the Mud Fairy calc or whatever, we shouldn't worry too much about levels increasing durability. An approximate low ball that seems to hold internal logic is way better than a wild assumption.

It's annoying, but assuming materials that should be way weaker in the absence of more information is a very common thing here. If only Ainz made the Pleiades do more :T

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Regardless, be it the Mud Fairy calc or whatever, we shouldn't worry too much about levels increasing durability. An approximate low ball that seems to hold internal logic is way better than a wild assumption.
It's annoying, but assuming materials that should be way weaker in the absence of more information is a very common thing here. If only Ainz made the Pleiades do more :T
You support Entoma scaling but not Gagaran right?

I generally don't support any scalation that could be best interpreted as the game mechanics of Overlord rearing its head without due justification.

Also, don't think too much about health. It just means you have a specific threshold of damage you gotta surpass to really kill the person in question. It clashes with how wounds work in actual real life but, we gotta adapt however we can.

Do you have any alternative ways we could do this?

Or would it be better just to upgrade the god tiers to 6-C and hope for Pleiades feats?

The god tiers have no reason at all not to scale, so they shouldn't suffer because of the Pleiades. Granted I don't like that cloud moving is the only way we get the tier but if everyone else is okay with it and it gets accepted, I say go ahead.

And yeah, best would be waiting for something better for the Pleiades, at least to me.

Wut? No no, not at all. Infamous got this high because even at the start of the game, Cole is invoking thicc lightning rays down near him and that lightning stays around a long time, which equates a LOT of power.

There's also the explosions the beast caused at Empire City and when passing his powers to Cole. Here we only have the clouds, and clouds bring much less energy connotations in the minds of people, authors among them.

By the way Ainz should have 3 sepecate keys. "Base | Perfect Warior | Physicaly"

Because each of them has different stats AND abilities

You mean: Key 1 | Base caster Ainz with all spells

Key 2 | Perfect Warrior Physical Ainz

Key 3 | Level 33 Warrior Physical Ainz & no spell use

It's not like he can't turn on his passives or use spells in that key though, he just chooses not to so that he can train.

I don't think using a key for Momon makes much sense. It's just a fake persona. If he were in any real danger, he'd drop it immediately.

╠ÂH╠Âe╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âg╠Âo╠ ╠Âa╠Âk╠Âi╠Âm╠Âb╠Âo╠ ╠Âk╠Âa╠Âm╠Âi╠Âk╠Âa╠Âz╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Ât╠Ây╠Âl╠Âe╠Â

what do we do if portrayels of an event in a series happen one way in 2 versions, say a manga and anime, but differ in another, such as a LN?

If the series started as a LN, is it the be-all-end-all of the accuracy of events?

LN is the one the original author actually writes, so it should take precedence over the rest (along with any side-story written by him as well, and probably some other things like drama cds that were mentioned in the LN)

so even when it's outnumbered with how it portrays an event, we treat the LN as completely correct?

Imo source above adaptation for major things but small things can pass.

Example:

LN = Ainz points up, thinks for a while and then casts something followed by an explosion

Manga = Ainz dances and then an explosion happens, panels of people being shocked as they look up at the sky and then a panel of Ainz walking off

Anime = Ainz gives a speech, doesn't point up and an explosion happens in the sky

The manga and anime aren't written by Maruyama (afaik), so what they portray shouldn't really matter at all (if it contradicts LN stuff).

Anime and manga can be used in areas the lightnovels doesn't cover. Basically if what happens in the anime and manga doesn't contradict the LN in any way it can be used as supporting information. Atleast thats how Ive seen secondary sources treated on this site.

Yeah the fallen down calc/feat contradicts to much, the cloud clearing feats are fine as the novel is rather vauge on how much area they cover. Creation calc is fine as well

Hmm, checking LN, Cover shows Shalltear in a crater with considerable vapor here , then later on Ainz & Shalltear are seen in the crater, if you can see the rock behind Ainzhere. I might need to get prescription glasses if I'm wrong lol.

Don't see any crater there. The second one even shows some burnt trees in the background, while they're in the clearing that Ainz made with the spell

Also the official describes Ainz as "Standing right on the edge of this world that allowed no living things", which could either mean on the edge of crater, or just the edge of an area

Muchacho mrm said:
Hmm, checking LN, Cover shows Shalltear in a crater with considerable vapor here , then later on Ainz & Shalltear are seen in the crater, if you can see the rock behind Ainzhere. I might need to get prescription glasses if I'm wrong lol.
DeleteOverlord
I think i see what you mean, with the red being where it seems like the top of the crater, but it is a little hard to tell

I guess I should have given a few words. The first, is coloured, Shalltear is surrounded earth/ground colour, that also obstructs a straight view into the forest. The ground/earth to the right even has details. Also the second image, the same colour as the ground runs along behind him rather than show a forest, with my 100 hours of paint, I can show you https://imgur.com/a/3taU8bt

It's just that straight down the image we don't see this barrier, we do see some mountains but that's it. Actually the barrier is sort of visible on the left (straight) but that's a stretch. Also I won't spend too much time talking about this if it's taking someone else this much to notice then i'm in the wrong

Really cause I dont see the tree line going below that area...All the tree seems to be above that line. The lines below that look like the edge of a crater...Honestly im not sure what to make of this...

that does not look like trunks, it looks like the side of the crater, with the trees being beyond the edge of it

Regardless the original fallen down calc had a few blantant issues that make it unusable anyway. Like disintergrating the armor (and assuming the armor was iron but as the armor wasnt disinitergrated the second flaw doesn't matter as much)

Back