• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord additions (Overlord Bonus Volume)

A few of you guys are mixing up the WCIs Ouroboros and Five Elements Overcoming. Ouroboros is basically a direct upgrade to Wish Upon A Star, allowing you to request a wish from the devs (which that enemy guild used to seal off Ainz's guild's rare ore mine), while Five Elements Overcoming is the one that lets you request a change to the magic system. In the New World, I assume they both changed the same way Wish Upon A Star did, allowing the user to make the changes directly.

I agree with them. We have direct evidence of Ainz's world item protecting him from the effects of Wild Magic, which has been stated multiple times to ignore Yggdrasil resistances, along with being independent from the game as far as we know.

I also disagree with LSirLancelotDuLacl's earlier statement about Tiered magic's introduction directly affecting Wild magic. Even though Wild magic quickly died out after Tiered magic was introduced, it is more reasonable to assume that this is simply because of Tiered magic being far easier to learn and use unlike Wild magic, which is only available in draconic bloodlines and requires souls to use. It makes sense that such an inconvenient magic would be quickly abandoned when an alternative presents itself. If there is a connection between Tiered magic and Wild Magic, it is dubious at best.

I am not sure what are you talking about, FDry. It was said directly Wild Magic was harder to use after Tiered magic was becoming a thing. We aren't talking less people practicing it, we are talking statements of items like the ring in Climb's possession right now likely being impossible to replicate by PDL himself. Also how the laws of magic were twisted after the time of the 8GKs as monsters were born with the capacity to use Tiered Magic and PDL referring to Wild Magic as "twisted and tainted".

As a final footnote, I am rather sure all of the True Dragon Lords should have this resistance as well in case its actually approved. Having Wild Magic seems to make them immune to the effects of World Items as well, and the effects of Wild Magic from other users.

Side note this only further shows that wild magic isn't beholden to the rules of teired magic this takes place two hundred years in the past even further distantcing itself from the modern examples we see in ainz time. Also we should note gazefs sword ignored teirs and peirced ainz defenses showing wild magic can and does ignore tier.

I really don't know why it being modern or not should matter. Tiered Magic has existed for 300 years already by the time of the Bonus Volume.

That side, I am starting to think again there seems to be some special property shared by World Items and Wild Magic. The same "if you have it, you are immune" shtick applied to Wild Magic users as well between themselves, and a World Item can't affect Wild Magic Users.

@LSirLancelotDuLacl In that case it's entirely possible I was remembering it incorrectly. Please find some of those quotes.

So what about the sword? it shows wild magic ignores yggdrasil rules, now give some evidence of the world class items not defending agianst other teirs of magic.

What im talking about the sword gazef weilded that completely ignored his yggdrasil abilities, The throne blocks all forms of divination magic, we need to rework our understanding of world class items as the information we now have points away from our original conclusions.

Unless, you know, that was the ability of the throne? I feel you are moving too fast to assuming things.

Also, where did you get the volume from?

Overlord reddit has it translated. PDL said it may be impossible to make another ring this points to inteference between the two systems. Really from the description its main purpose is to gaurd against a scrying world class item, its byproduct is blocking all lower teir divination spells as well. Its been shown enchanting things to block divination isnt overly difficult they did it with ainz qaurters in the city, and the dummy nazerick. Yet they don't bother with that in the tomb due to its world class item.

I also add it wouldn't be that shocking that wouldn't mention this byproduct of world class items, think about it we learn ainz has a world class item in volume one, we learn it has an ability effective against dragons in volume eleven, we finnally got full confirmation that its the orb in his chest in the side story. our knowledge on the effects of these items is incredibly small. Ainz may be an encyclopedia but he rarly shares information even with the aduiance.

Apeironaxim said:
Would Depiction of Nature and Society not be BFR?
The thing is, I'm fairly sure this has already been used on Ainz and the gang in Yggdrasil and had succumbed to the BFR, but broke out.

Everything else seems fine, though. A helluva a lot of Ainz matches are probably going to be removed, then. (Such as vs Strahd, since resisting Soul Manip. and Sealing is likely enough to bring the verdict around.)

InfiniteSped said:
"Simply put, it was an item that sealed a target into a closed-off space. To be more precise, it swapped a painted landscape with the real world, and then it would convert the real world into a painted landscape.'''''The definition of "target" in this case was the same as that of the super-tier spell [The Creation], and referred to a specific area. Nothing within that area ÔöÇ animate or inanimate ÔöÇ could resist its effects.
This time, she was going to trap everything within this gigantic cave into the otherworld created by [Depiction of Mountains and Rivers].

Shalltear and Ainz were protected by World-Class Items, so they would not be imprisoned within the otherworld. Instead they would appear in the painted landscape which substituted for the region of devoured reality. However, as the item's user, Aura would automatically be sucked in."
Volume 11, chapter 5
We kinda covered this came to the conclusion it was both, also they weren't sucked in they had to choose to enter.

I would have to try and check there...

And no, like I've said before, Ainz never shares information that isn't really important at the moment or that isn't related to what he's talking about. He thinks he needs to be careful about people that can kill the guardians but not about anyone with special effects? That sounds like nonsense.

And don't try to tell me again about resistances. Undead like Shalltear and Ainz already come with an absurd amount of resistances as a racial effect, plus anymore from other racial classes, plus any from gear, and even under those conditions neither cover all of their bases, Ainz flat out says you can't in his battle with Shalltear. If WCI actually gave resistance to all of this, that sounds like EXACTLY the kind of thing Ainz would use to argue against himself that it would be a better idea to give each guardian a WCI. This isn't comparable to a WCI whose ability is effective against dragons, which Ainz is talking about in the volume where he goes meet a dragon.

HE has in the later volumes early on he valued the items over the npcs what is your point? Ainz realized his arrogance and unwillingness to hand out the items had endangered shalltear. This was a fundemental moment of character growth for him. My point is he has barly ever mentioned the effects of world class items only ever mentioning there improtance in guarding against other teirs, why would he mention it? Its a great side effect but ultimatly secondary to their main purpose. A secondary effect thats less improtant than the main defense against other world class items? Sounds exacltly like something ainz would leave out

One of the reasons I support these resistances are not only the reasons above about Ainz completely no-selling EE from a source comparable to world items, but that a lot of these resistances are heavily implied in the story. One example is soul manip; implied incredibly heavily, but not directly shown. Ainz almost certainly resists it even if there's not hard evidence at the table, having been shown by lower-level soul-maniping enemies and whatnot.

I also must repeat he has ten of these incredibly valulable items, ten out of two hundred in the entire world! Its not like every player in there guild could have it, and before the move to new world his freinds were most likely equiping them. In new world he wasn't cautios enough and undervalued his npcs this has changed and the gaurdians now have world class items.

Depends on the size of the verse and how big the change is. Usually, you want a few staff individuals to give it the thumbs up first, especially for something of medium size like Overlord.

K just wondering, hmm regardless of how this all goes, though judging by the general consensus Ive seen thus far it seems to be leaning in one directio. The shao Kahn fight will now be a decisive victory in ainz favor...

Well, Ainz vs Strahd will be removed, and Shao Kahn vs Ainz...

Depends on the potency of the resistance.

So, are broader resistances for WCI users to the effects of non-WCIs agreed upon by the majority? Or are we back to the "WCI resistances only applies to WCIs, but this time the resistances also applies to Wild Magic and nothing else"?

Well, we seem to have enough agreements for the changes mentioned in this thread.

All we need is a couple of staff to approve this and we're pretty much done.

Yay, infinite sped you should add the disscussed resistances to the OP as we've clarified some extra resistances since the begining. IE BFR, and reality warping, maybe some others Ide have to read through again.

edit also mind control resistance, and soul destruction resistance, basically all of the above get added to the gaurdians as they are now equipped with world class items.

Messaging them on their walls is the best bet. Otherwise it'd be waiting for them to find the CRT exists at all.

Also, I find myself in even more doubt that WCI effects work beyond Wild Magic and WCI.

But I do agree with Kirby Soul Manip Resist should be a go.

Your the only one arguing against it here and you've provided no evidence from the text to suggest it doesnt function in the way most here think it does.

Also didn't we just confirmation undead don't have souls? As the zombies and evileye were created when the CDL used there souls for wild magic, Leaving behind the undead?

Than again I could be misremebering...

The pen or the sword said:
Also didn't we just confirmation undead don't have souls? As the zombies and evileye were created when the CDL used there souls for wild magic, Leaving behind the undead?

Than again I could be misremebering...
Was Evileye actually a vampire because she has her soul taken? I know zombies are created when they have their souls taken (such as when CDL ripped their souls out of their body, turning them into mindless zombies enthralled to him), but I'm not sure other types of undead are the same outside of zombies.

If they are, then the undead in Overlord wouldn't merely have resistance to Soul Manipulation, they would have immunity to it. In this site, we give immunities to characters that lack something that allows them to be affected by specific abilities (in this case, lacking a soul gives immunity to soul manipulation), so that would be a huge help against soul-altering characters.

Well evileye was created alongside the zombies, she didn't become one due to her magical artifact instead becoming a vampire, but the fact is she got her soul ripped and became an undead....Actually this makes alot of sense the undead in overlord rise around other undead, we no have confirmation that the lowest teirs (up to vampire with evileye) dont have souls...

Well, if others agree with the Undead in Overlord lacking souls, then Ainz's (and other Undead's) resistance to Soul Manipulation would become an immunity now.

Except your only argument is that Wild Magic is something unrelated to Yggdrassil and that effects have never worked on someone with a world item so it should extend even to the effects of normal spells (even though no one with a world item on has ever shown taking anything but an attack spell but sure).

And what I meant is that, again, Wild Magic deters the Wild Magic of other users from working on yourself just the same as World Items do for some reason, which means that despite what you would think they actually seen to be connected. Perhaps if was just the WCI cancelling, but the Wild Magic users also cancel their own magic against another user just like a WCI.

Then we have Ainz going to investigate the Dragon Lord and being worried for his plummeted resistances due to having to use subpar equipment to disguise himself... despite the fact he has a WCI. He makes sure to turn his Turn Undead resistance on and decides to assume the Dragon Lord can spy on him despite his anti surveillance magic because of possessing Wild Magic... Despite having a WCI. He then equips the WCI while DIRECTLY commenting how it would shield him from Wild Magic, the direct reason why he's equipping it, but not for literally any of those other things, or to make up for his subpar resistances while using subpar equipment. Ainz isn't even being wary here, as he notes while using a certain cash item which he only has a second of that withholding items or advantages in a situation that could get him killed is foolish, yet he never put on the one item that would have made his survival chances way higher if we decide to interpret WCIs deflect any effect besides damage (elements have resistances too, after all).

This is the same Ainz who thinks that raising his chances by even 0.1% is the best, who is being extremely analytical of every single detail possible as he realized this was an enemy that could kill him, but you are just telling me to believe WCIs cancel all effects yet this wasn't brought up, just as he's going to face an enemy that could threaten him while fully geared up using only subpar equipment. He even notes dragons can notice treasure and uses mundane leather gauntlets to cover his rings, meaning he wouldn't have had to worry about anything since the sphere would be hidden under his clothes.

Back