• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord additions (Overlord Bonus Volume)

Anyway, I have class later and I have said all I wanted to say. I don't even know if I'll comment here again, but my opinion is the same. No, he shouldn't get those resistances.

IT is soley based on what you think you havent given anything that points to the original point being wrong you think ainz would have mentioned it, thats the crux and it doesn't hold up under scrutiny as ainz while clever in certain areas is incredibly foolish in others, you have yet to give any evidence to the contrary....

Edit time for my noobness to show how many agreements are we going to need?

Whether or not we want to count having a WCI means resisting the effects, at the very least Ainz should get Resistance to EE due to ECDL's attack

Yeah but having a ring in your inventory at least in any game Ive played doesn't grant you any abilities or resistances, and seeing how you have to equip world class items Im inclined to beleive they function the same as all other equipable gear.

Pretty sure you would have to prove Overlord works like that then, as most games require you to equip a weapon/piece of equipment in order to make use of it's effects

Actually, if Wish Upon A Star didn't work on Shalltear despite her just being under the influence of a WCI, let alone having one on her, would that mean those who have World Items should also get Resistance to Reality Warping?

iirc, Ainz did say that the only reason it wouldn't work is if a World Item was involved

Don't think so, since Ainz wished to negate the mind control, he was going directly against the power of the WCI.

InfiniteSped said:
Don't think so, since Ainz wished to negate the mind control, he was going directly against the power of the WCI.
Probably doesn't make a difference, but he was more broad, wishing to dispel all effects on Shalltear

Wait, teacher isn't here... I've been duped!

And true, I'll drop that since there's no proof of it working like that. But the other issue would be, where do you see that Albedo doesn't have it on?

Most likely the novel, I'll see if I can get a line.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Wait, teacher isn't here... I've been duped!
And true, I'll drop that since there's no proof of it working like that. But the other issue would be, where do you see that Albedo doesn't have it on?

Most likely the novel, I'll see if I can get a line.
Going straight by visual confirmation, the anime doesn't have her holding it

"He didn't radiate that aura when he was with us. Momonga-sama was kind, and gave us something to drink when we were thirsty.

Aura's words caused the other Guardians to emit an air of tension. It was condensed jealousy that was almost visible to the naked eye. The worst-off was Albedo. Her clenched fists shuddered and her nails threatened to rip through the fabric of her gloves.

Just a small detail, but her fists are clenched, which is hard to do while holding something. It also doesn't say one of her hands is clenched around the WCI

In the novel she never pulled out her weapon and she doesnt ever have it out unless going into a combat situation in which case she would also have her armor on...

We can use the anime as long as it doesn't contradict the source material

That's how we got the measurements for the Fallen Down calc iirc

Because it wasnt specified in the novel explicitly? though the above statements both give evidence and reason for her not walking around with her weapon out.

That's why I specified just going by "visual" confirmation, since not every tiny detail is talked about in books of any kind

Also since the op doesn't specify, everyone with a World Item would get resistance to EE right, not just Ainz?

The ECDL feat is blatant, that gets through no matter what, as well as the new spells Ainz is shown to be able to use

The only thing that can be argued against is the other WCI resistances

well yeah but I still havent seen a solid argument against them gaining the other resistances, atleast none that were supported with evidence from the text.....

InfiniteSped said:
Shouldn't that give Ainz resistance to Reality Warping anyways?

From what I can tell, Wish Upon A Star literally works by granting the wish of the user, and that wish Ainz made failed when he tried to use it to free Shalltear.

Similarly, a WCI like Ouroboros was stated to be a superior version of Wish Upon A Star, where Ouroboros can be used to directly contact the developers of YGGDRASIL and request one wish from them. An enemy guild once used Ouroboros to grant the wish of isolating a certain world, preventing all others players not from their guild from entering it. I think it was stated somewhere that by possessing a WCI, you are immune to its restrictions (which implies one could enter that isolated place if they have a WCI, thus resisting the effects of Ouroboros). There's also the fact that the wish granting aspect of Ouroboros means that it isn't limited to just Sealing as that was just one wish that player from an enemy guild made (implying that they could wish for anything else).

Why shouldn't possessing WCI grant resistances to Reality Warping? Or is it one of those cases where Reality Warping is too broad of an ability, thus we can't allow resistance to it as that would mean resistance to many reality-altering abilities that it hasn't yet shown (though that doesn't stop some characters from having resistance to Reality Warping in their profiles anyways, from what I can tell in this site)?

Wait first things first do you feel the showing in the side story proves wcl offer broader resistances? I assume so by your above statment but I want to be sure.

The pen or the sword said:
Wait first things first do you feel the showing in the side story proves wcl offer broader resistances? I assume so by your above statment but I want to be sure.
Well, WCI users like Ainz has been shown to resist abilities from Wild Magic (which isn't even a WCI, such as how there was an argument made by one of you guys where Wild Magic doesn't operate under the systems of YGGDRASIL. This proves that WCI resistances aren't restricted to just other WCIs), so I can agree with WCI granting broader resistances to non-WCI effects as long as there already is a pre-existing WCI that performs those effects (e.g. If there was a WCI that can be used to erase a target's existence, then WCI users has resistances to Existence Erasure by default. If there was a WCI that can be used to consume or destroy the target's soul, then WCI has resistance to Soul Manipulation by default as that type of WCI already exists).

Also Noodles makes a good point, Ouroboros would be a resistance to reality warping and sealing, since it's main function is altering reality by contacting the devs

No idea how that would work now

Would be very interesting

We know it worked once already when it dragged the magic system of yggdrasil into new world. My guess is its like wish upon a star, your no longer requesting something as much as commanding the universe to change to fit your will.

Not sure if the area it effects matters in regards to sealing strength, but iirc Ouroboros sealed an entire world

Ahh it can be used to show the max power its resisted but thats more for a case by case basis in individual vs rather than something to be added to the profile.

In the Wish case, it didn't work because it was trying to negate the actual effect of the WCI, which is not powerful enough to do, that specifically doesn't have to do with the World resistances.

They should still have a resistance to Ourobouros in general though, since it's mentioned that they should have been immune to the game-wide changes in the game, and just weren't because the devs couldn't code that in.

Back