• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our wiki is now featured in Fandom's global navigation bar!

We are an anime wiki, but shhhhh
:callateelosico:
, nobody tell anyone else, it's secret.
:quieto:

Ye, that is a problem, but eh. I doubt the usual amount of... uh... well... people who edits pages for the lolz (ye, I can't remember the proper english word for this) will increase than much. At most, I see there will be increase of people complaining about the wiki - looking at you R/CharacterRant.
About that, why does so much complaining exist about VS Battles Wiki?

There's also the possibility of just having different standards altogether, up to a certain point a good chunk of our standards are arbitrary, but on the other hand it's necessary if we want to scale stuff at all.

For example, we default that a series follows the same laws of physics as IRL, yet still limit calculations to some extent as even we're aware authors can't do math, and extrapolating too much from them can get exponentially inaccurate to what they're portrayed as (notably calc stacking), there's also the whole matter of dimensional tiering, which is controversial even in here.

VS Battles (tries to, at least) give a universal evaluation to every page, and we're certainly not perfect in doing so. So even outside of personal opinions of the peanut gallery, we're just not able to satisfy everyone's wants from a page's ratings. Everyone thinks their guy is stronger and the guy they don't like is weaker. Really do believe it is as simple as that, regardless of how they present it.

i'd accept criticism from sth like Comicvine but accepting criticism from Reddit (or, God forbid, tiktok) is way too low since most character rants go "X statistic is wrong, vsbw bad" and rant for a bit but never try to go to the site and change something. They either don't have the balls or try to but do it so badly they get banned. Youtube can have some good points but then you'd have to sit through an hour of the most annoying nerd voice ranting about Bleach that you'd rather have your head drilled through.
That reminds me, the bullshittiest thing I've ever seen r/CharacterRant say is this guy's claim that SCP is one of the weakest verses in fiction, which is a semi-re-run of this earlier post. Can we get something specifically refuting this entire train of logic about reality-fiction transcendence?
@Kirinator07 @Saikou_The_Lewd_King @WeeklyBattles @Apex_Predator_GX @Amelia_Lonelyheart @EMagoIorSouI @Goldmaster784 @Kyleb79 @PsychoWarper @Hl3_or_bust @Steven_Pogi_Paitao @Iapitus_The_Impaler @Gf7tvtvfvtfyvfvfvfvfvfv @Sans2345 @SunDaGamer @Modnar_Resu @Ican'tthinkof1goodname @DaReaperMan @manu_zarri @Braking @AceOfSpaces3709 @RALFdoang @Rabbit2002 @MrKerf
I'd have paged more SCP supporters, but only staff can page staff.

Then can we at least get some people to handle my thing about r/CharacterRant's butchering of RF transcendence?

Ask them directly. Arguing on Reddit isn't really worthy of a mass ping.

Also, this seems to be the wrong place to talk about that topic.

Well, I hope that this helps with improving our popularity.

Not sufficiently given how much work we have put into it.

The wiki is extremely well known, but it never hurts to introduce more people to the hobby. More the merrier, eh?

People usually only acknowledge us as unreliable. Which i can see tbh.
It depends on which verse we are talking about. Marvel Comics and DC Comics likely have way too high statistics, but verses with much more coherent continuity and far less published material are usually well-researched.

It depends on which verse we are talking about. Marvel Comics and DC Comics likely have way too high statistics, but verses with much more coherent continuity and far less published material are usually well-researched.
Basicly favortism. We really need to fix that. It occurs on both sides.

Yes, but mainly some verses are much easier to evaluate than others.

Back