• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orochimaru tries to solo the Akatsuki

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
I try to push Orochimaru's prep time skills to the max.

Rules:

-He fights each member one at a time

-He has full knowldege of all members

-He has one month between each fight

-He keeps everything from the fights, be they wounds, bodies, dojutsus or if he brainwashed them ala' sasori.

-Versions used from during their time in the akatsuki, so no edo and such.

First fight: Hida

Second fight: Sasori

Third fight: Kakuzu

Fourth fight: Deidara

Fifth fight: Kona

Sixth fight: Sasuke Uchiha

Seventh fight: Kisame Hoshigaki

Eight fight: Itachi Uchiha

Ninth fight: Nagato

Tenth fight: Obito Uchiha

Eleventh Fight: Shin Uchiha

Prep doesn't mean much when you take away Edo tensei,although I see why,as he would have abused the Hokages and Solo'd everyone.

But right now he is only beating Hidan shin and maybe Konan for sure

Zzsax said:
Prep doesn't mean much when you take away Edo tensei,although I see why,as he would have abused the Hokages and Solo'd everyone.
But right now he is only beating Hidan shin and maybe Konan for sure
He can still brainwash them to fight for him.

Plus, Sasori is getting soloed for tier alone

For the heck of it, I'kk give reasons for orochimaru to do much better.

Hidan is weaker in everything, simply put. Orochimaru can brainwashes him, puts a cursed seal on him and call it a day.

Sasori is far too weak to be brutally honest. He gets destroyed too. He's poison can be pretty usefull tough.

Kakuzu too lack AP. He might get experimented on tough.

Deidara can actualy defeat him, but he could pull a sasuke with his suicide method, and already knows about the cell destruction. He would likely go for cursed mark here, and ig deidara survives brainwashing.

Konan, bae she may be, gets outmached in everything.

Kisame is the strongest so far, and most dangerous. However, between brainwashed minions and several metods to defeat him (poisoning the water, cursed seal, seals in general etc...)

Itachi, oh Itachi. He could actualy win by exploiting his sickness. He could simply retreat while having his now brainwashed minions distract him, airbone paralyzis going around and simply waiting for him to die. At that point he could also steal his eye's (And maybe kisame's body so he would have the chakra to use them indefinitly)

Nagato, with his minions to distract the actual thing, could be defeated rather easily once he has Itachi's sharingan.

At this point, he can defeat obito square and fair.

Man, if people could just counter my points...

I mean, you would think with his gasous invisible poison he could stop deidara before he does anything too bad, but I digress

LlamaGod1411 said:
A 100% Healthy Nagato with mobility would brutally beat the "minions" and Orochimaru combined, Lol.
Ricsi-viragosi wrote -Versions used from during their time in the akatsuki, so no edo and such.

The Original Akatsuki does have a Healthy Nagato, though. The Akatsuki the three war orphans formed was before Yahiko's death.

LlamaGod1411 said:
The Original Akatsuki does have a Healthy Nagato, though. The Akatsuki the three war orphans formed was before Yahiko's death.
That nagato couldnt use any of his powers but his allmighty push.

And he's 8-A

Not sure if I remember that. The one I remember can only be done when the targets are incapacitated.

Though, I can't say how prep could help Orochimaru. But as far as I'm concerned, he won't beat Itachi as he'd mind control his minions and summonings and use them against him. And he's pretty annoying with that crow dispersion thing. For all they know, there aren't even fighting the real Itachi. Nothing will save Orochimaru from Itachi's Susanoo. Well, except he runs away.

As for Pain, he can beat Orochimaru if he plays things right. Just imagine if he summons that thing that can poop egg bombs, the dog that Rasenshuriken can't take care of, and the chameleon that Naruto couldn't detect. All of the minions and Orochimaru himself can be handled with the right usage of his summons, not to talk of the other Paths. And Gedo... Tbh, if Orochimaru beats Konan, Pain would kill him pretty fast because he'd be very angry. If he has Itachi's Mangekyō abilities, it'd be harder to call.

Obito stomps Orochimaru. Nothing is touching him, and Obito can sense his location, ignore his minions or mind control them, and go to take him out directly. But assuming Orochimaru has Itachi's Mangekyō abilities or the Rinnegan, idk. Although he shouldn't be able to handle the power of the Rinnegan.

Not sure if I remember that. The one I remember can only be done when the targets are incapacitated.

Yeah, that. I meant after he defeats enemies.

Though, I can't say how prep could help Orochimaru. But as far as I'm concerned, he won't beat Itachi as he'd mind control his minions and summonings and use them against him. And he's pretty annoying with that crow dispersion thing. For all they know, there aren't even fighting the real Itachi. Nothing will save Orochimaru from Itachi's Susanoo. Well, except he runs away.

Why can't he do that though? Itachi is on a timer after all.

As for Pain, he can beat Orochimaru if he plays things right. Just imagine if he summons that thing that can poop egg bombs, the dog that Rasenshuriken can't take care of, and the chameleon that Naruto couldn't detect. All of the minions and Orochimaru himself can be handled with the right usage of his summons, not to talk of the other Paths. And Gedo... Tbh, if Orochimaru beats Konan, Pain would kill him pretty fast because he'd be very angry. If he has Itachi's Mangekyō abilities, it'd be harder to call.

But... he could just avoid them all-together and search for Nagato's real body.

If Itachi determines him as a threat, he could pursue him. There's really no need for him to overuse his Mangekyō---- his genjutsu solos them pretty hard. And if Itachi mind controls the minions and summons, they'd just chase after Orochimaru and defend Itachi.

It's impossible. They have extrasensory perception, so Orochimaru will be tracked down easily. His minions are of little to no use. Pain's summons can handle them with little difficulty. There's also still Chou Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei that have massive AoE.

If Itachi determines him as a threat, he could pursue him. There's really no need for him to overuse his Mangekyō---- his genjutsu solos them pretty hard. And if Itachi mind controls the minions and summons, they'd just chase after Orochimaru and defend Itachi.

Stealth is a thing, and Itachi hasn't showcased that good of a perception.

It's impossible. They have extrasensory perception, so Orochimaru will be tracked down easily. His minions are of little to no use. Pain's summons can handle them with little difficulty. There's also still Chou Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei that have massive AoE.

What exactly allows them to just find someone several kilometers away from them again?

Plus, the use of Chibaku Tensei is unlikely at best, and Shinra Tensei doesn't haev severeal kilometers or range.

Plus, there is also the chance that a body he gets would actualy fit, which could allow him to simply use sage mod to make it that much easier.

Doesn't matter. Itachi can stay there and Orochimaru loses everything he brings to Itachi.

He sensed Kabuto past an obstruction that's designed to shut out sensory capabilities.

Shinra Tensei nuked Konoha--- it has an AoE of several kilometers. There's no reason Nagato wouldn't use Chibaku Tensei if he wants to.

How would Sage Mode help him? And why is Orochimaru even in another place entirely when he's supposed to confront Nagato, meaning the fight should be in Ame?

Doesn't matter. Itachi can stay there and Orochimaru loses everything he brings to Itachi

But he can just... wait for itachi to die.

He sensed Kabuto past an obstruction that's designed to shut out sensory capabilities

How far away was that again?

Shinra Tensei nuked Konoha--- it has an AoE of several kilometers. There's no reason Nagato wouldn't use Chibaku Tensei if he wants to.

That wasn't more than 4KM, and I also doubt it would damage orochimaru much at all.

Chibaku Tensei is an extremly energy consuming thing to use, and not something he does in character.

How would Sage Mode help him? And why is Orochimaru even in another place entirely when he's supposed to confront Nagato, meaning the fight should be in Ame?

Sage Mode would help a lot against pain, especialy if he oes for Petra Path first.

SBA is still a thing.

And how does that represent beating Itachi? He's just waiting for his lifespan to end. Lol.

Can't remember. Maybe Naruto wiki mentions it.

Konoha is more than 4km, iirc. Whether it's energy consuming or not, it still takes out Orochimaru. And I didn't imply he'd randomly use Chibaku Tensei---- you said Orochimaru would be out of his range. That's why I mentioned Chibaku Tensei.

Petrification is from Toad Sage Mode. Dunno how it'd be for Snake Sage Mode. Preta Path can be revived in any case...and Orochimaru being in the presence of Pain means he loses.

>SBA is still a thing

So, they're in character and start four kilometers apart. Now, where would Nagato be using SBA? Pains and Orochimaru are four kilometers apart. Nagato's real body is even further behind. How is Orochimaru going to get to Nagato without Pain stomping him first or detecting him if he wants to sneak to Nagato's location? He has to close a large distance for his moves to work, and nothing he has can occupy them for long. His minions and summons are taken care of by just the Animal Path.

There's no way Orochimaru is crossing an excess of four kilometers and getting past Pain without being noticed.

And how does that represent beating Itachi? He's just waiting for his lifespan to end. Lol.

No, he's waitning for he's sickness to get him.

Konoha is more than 4km, iirc. Whether it's energy consuming or not, it still takes out Orochimaru. And I didn't imply he'd randomly use Chibaku Tensei---- you said Orochimaru would be out of his range. That's why I mentioned Chibaku Tensei.

He can't see 4kms away...

Petrification is from Toad Sage Mode. Dunno how it'd be for Snake Sage Mose. Preta Path can be revived in any case...and Orochimaru being in the presence of Pain means he loses.

You are far overestimating the paths. Especialy as he could use his new resources to get around them rather easily.

There's no way Orochimaru is crossing an excess of four kilometers and getting past Pain without being noticed.

Why? He could just go in a circle.

Yes, and that doesn't represent him beating Itachi.

I'm talking about his sensory capabilities.

Now explain how Orochimaru takes care of simply Pain's summons. He can't handle the dog, he can't detect the chameleon, he can't catch the flying summon. He gets stomped or low-diffed, in my opinion. His own minions and summons are alternatively soloed by a simple Shinra Tensei. What he can do with prep is vague. I'm using actual arguments based on what Pain can do. Arguments for Orochimaru are based on "what-ifs" that don't guarantee him victory.

He doesn't even know Pain's exact location, not to talk of Nagato's. They have shared vision and can detect him, while he can't. You remember what happened to Jiraiya? Orochimaru gets blindsided even harder.

Yes, and that doesn't represent him beating Itachi

Someone having a deadly illness and dying to it does count as a win.

Plus, he would likely take Sasuke's body, so it's unlikely Itachi would go rough even if he does catch him.

I'm talking about his sensory capabilities

Yeah... could you please show them to me, kinda forgot how good they are.

Now explain how Orochimaru takes care of simply Pain's summons. He can't handle the dog, he can't detect the chameleon, he can't catch the flying summon. He gets stomped or low-diffed, in my opinion. His own minions and summons are alternatively soloed by a simple Shinra Tensei. What he can do with prep is vague. I'm using actual arguments based on what Pain can do. Arguments for Orochimaru are based on "what-ifs" that don't guarantee him victory.

By using the resources he already got. If he get's this far he would have Sage Mode, EMS, possibly Samehada and actual knowledge on Pain's abilities. If Jiraiya could beat him with knowledge, orochimaru with sasuke's body and prep alone hould be enough.

A small note. Orochimaru wouldn't get blind-sided harder. Any non-fatal sneak attack on him amounts to something very minor, unlike Jiraiya.

It doesn't count as a win for Orochimaru, because he never did anything to Itachi to facilitate his death. Besides, Itachi knows Orochimaru is after the Sharingan, so he'd simply hide it or destroy it before his death.

If Orochimaru takes Sasuke's body, that means he's coming to confront Itachi directly. Totsuka and Yata Mirror solo, then.

I don't have the scan. It's when Nagato detected Kabuto or something past barriers that block out sensory capabilities. I think I'll check the wiki.

EMS? Akatsuki Sasuke doesn't have it. Samehada is almost useless as Pain doesn't use elemental techniques in a fight. Jiraiya and Orochimaru have different abilities---- the former wouldn't even beat a Pain that's using his capabilities to the fullest. And if Orochimaru kills Konan, he's guaranteed to die.

It doesn't count as a win for Orochimaru, because he never did anything to Itachi to facilitate his death. Besides, Itachi knows Orochimaru is after the Sharingan, so he'd simply hide it or destroy it before his death.

No. If the enemy has a weakness and someone uses it against them it's still a win for them.

If Orochimaru takes Sasuke's body, that means he's coming to confront Itachi directly. Totsuka and Yata Mirror solo, then.

What? I really don't see the logic there. Why would he decide to confront Itachi head on just because he has Sasuke's body? He still has knowledge.

EMS? Akatsuki Sasuke doesn't have it. Samehada is almost useless as Pain doesn't use elemental techniques in a fight. Jiraiya and Orochimaru have different abilities---- the former wouldn't even beat a Pain that's using his capabilities to the fullest. And if Orochimaru kills Konan, he's guaranteed to die.

he has MS, Itachi has what is needed for the EMS.

I doubt it's elemental only absorption, after all, locking blades with it was enough to get chakra absorbed. Plus, stat amping.

That doesn't really answer my question tough. Orochimaru has pretty much eveything Jiraiya had and more.

Burning Full Fingers said:
In summary, I think Orochimaru would only have a good chance of beating Pain with Itachi's Mangekyō.
But... most of your reasons are wrong.

Orochimaru would be stronger, more versatile, have knowledge on all of his abilities, could incapacitate all of his summons in one bite, could put Deva path on Amaterasu while he goes taijutsu with Preta Path and have his own summons get him enough time to get around this two, would likely be able to use samahed and even fuse with it (Giving him an even bigger AP advantage).

And, best of all, he could use Konan herself against the pains, and tell him that she'll be brainwashed until he doesn't die (whenver this is true or not, it would make sure that Pain doesn't go for AOE attacks).

We don't even know how long it'd take for Itachi to die. You're saying Orochimaru would confront Itachi and wait for who knows how long for him to die of sickness, and claim Itachi's natural death as a victory? That's ridiculous.

You said Itachi wouldn't want to do anything major to Sasuke's body. That means Orochimaru has moved into his line of sight.

Not that--- what I'm saying is that it's useless against Pain's method of offense. Once again, Orochimaru gets wrecked if he's in range of Pain, which he has to be for a fight to begin. He doesn't win unless you reach massively.

No, he doesn't. And we don't know what exactly Jiraiya would have done to beat Pain anyway.

We don't even know how long it'd take for Itachi to die. You're saying Orochimaru would confront Itachi and wait for who knows how long for him to die of sickness, and claim Itachi's natural death as a victory? That's ridiculous.

Are you claiming he would go and face him head on with no knowladge? There are other ways he could win mind you. He could simply spam th e area with airbone poison and Itachi wouldn't know it.

You said Itachi wouldn't want to do anything major to Sasuke's body. That means Orochimaru has moved into his line of sight.

That was assuming the two get in that situation.

Not that--- what I'm saying is that it's useless against Pain's method of offense. Once again, Orochimaru gets wrecked if he's in range of Pain, which he has to be for a fight to begin. He doesn't win unless you reach massively.

As I said above, he could use a brainwashed Konan as a meatshield and claim that she would go back to normal if he dies.

No, he doesn't. And we don't know what exactly Jiraiya would have done to beat Pain anyway.

What exactly does Jiraiya have that Orocimaru doesn't? Frog taka isn't that special, and the genjutsu is likely not that much better than the sharingan's genjutsu.

>Orochimaru would be stronger, more versatile, have knowledge on all of his abilities, could incapacitate all of his summons in one bite, could put Deva path on Amaterasu while he goes taijutsu with Preta Path

Don't you remember that Paths can seamlessly cover for each other? If Orochimaru elongates his neck or whatever, Shinra Tensei would wreck it, soul hax would weaken him and render him incapable of thought, Asura Path would intercept with ballistic weaponry, Paths can be revived and Orochimaru wouldn't even detect the chameleon and can't catch the flying summon.

Shinra Tensei counters Amaterasu, as shown in canon. How can he focus on Preta Path when Deva Path alone is a load of trouble for him? Not to mention Gedo and the other Paths. His summons are wrecked by a casual Shinra Tensei. That thing soloed the toads and is > SM Naruto's Rasenshuriken.

>And, best of all, he could use Konan herself against the pains, and tell him that she'll be brainwashed until he doesn't die (whenver this is true or not, it would make sure that Pain doesn't go for AOE attacks).

Now you see what I mean by reaching massively. Pain will see that she's an obvious puppet if Orochimaru does so, and it will make him even angrier.

Don't you remember that Paths can seamlessly cover for each other? If Orochimaru elongates his neck or whatever, Shinra Tensei would wreck it, soul hax would weaken him and render him incapable of thought, Asura Path would intercept with ballistic weaponry, Paths can be revived and Orochimaru wouldn't even detect the chameleon and can't catch the flying summon.

Didn't I just counter the idea of shinra tenseing him with the fact that he can look at it and go amaterasu?

The soul-haxer ain't touching him.

Asura Path was weak enough to get one-shot by Naruto in sage mode. This Orochimaru could just go susanoo on them.

Revived by one, that he can also just look at. Plus, reviving them wouldn't put out the fire.

Now you see what I mean by reaching massively. Pain will see that she's an obvious puppet if Orochimaru does so, and it will make him even angrier.

So your saying he would kill her, instead of trying to incapacitate and se if what he said is true? Sure.

>Are you claiming he would go and face him head on with no knowladge? There are other ways he could win mind you. He could simply spam th e area with airbone poison and Itachi wouldn't know it.

Orochimaru using any offensive jutsu means he's in Itachi's range. You've just been changing arguments over and over... From minions to Sasuke's body to poison. Okay.

>What exactly does Jiraiya have that Orochimaru doesn't?

He obviously has ninjutsu that Orochimaru hasn't shown. His summons have better abilities and Jiraiya has shown better cooperation with them.

Realistically, Jiraiya won't beat Pain if the latter uses his abilities to the fullest.

Back