• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orochi upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orochi casually blitzed, and killed awakened cockroach with his horn. Who could dodge things at the speed of light.

Dark649 said:
That no other character in the series never displayed FTL speed.
Saitama jumping from the moon? but the redraw version retcons alot of things anyways. Also he has light speed reaction via his senses. You'd only be ftl if you tagged him.

The best feat in the entire franchise performed by the undoubtable God Tier of the series is Sub-Rel. A Demon level fodder being FTL can easily be dismissed then. (Yeah I know you're probably going to go "But Saitama's feat was super casual!" but that's not the point. The point is no feats by him or anyone come remotely close to this guy's statement)

One of the prime ways we determine if something is a hyperbole is if the statement is anywhere close to the actual feats of the verse or what was done by those more powerful than them.

"A general rule is that if a claim is made that is completely out of league of anything ever shown in said universe (for example, if someone claimed to be a planet buster in a verse where the strongest feats were city busting), it's most likely a hyperbole." - Hyperbole page

Also it's arguable whether or not Awakened Cockroach's technique is speed or just aim dodging. He describes it as him sensing the killing intent in his opponent and then dodging the attack in advance.

Saitama's moon jump is unquantifiable. Sub rel is a lowball.

Never said awakened cockroad was ftl. His ability is aim dodging. kinda like spider sense. He can dodge things at speed of light through his sense, and tagging him means you'd be FTL.

Even the most generous calc using Cinematic Timing from the anime is only Sub-Rel+. But okay how about the fact that the second best feat in the entire franchise is only Mach 3600. Either way FTL is out of league for all the OPM feats so far.

That's not how it works. An aimdodger is able to dodge bullets by predicting where their opponent is going to shoot towards, then moving out of the way right before they shoot. They aren't fast enough to geniunely dodge a bullet.

If a bullet manages to blitz them, that means they didn't dodge before the shooter made his shot. Not that the bullet is now extra fast because it bypassed the aimdodging or something. Orochi blitzing Cockroach means he didn't dodge his attacks in advance. Not necessarily that Orochi is FTL.

Quangotjokes said:
I think we can at least change Orochi to at least city level via his feat though.
Have you read his profile? Orochi is "At least Mountain level, likely higher" right now.

@Ryukama I was wondering if you could check out this OPM Thread, it involves Vaccine Man and Homeless Emperor.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/853658

I don't mean to derail this thread, I just wanted to know what you think about it.

I do know that there is a thread about this same topic (Lightspeed Cockroach) that was recently made.

It functioned like a spider-sense, in the way he moves out the way before the attack is carried out rather than actually dodging it. It just so happens to be the limit to his sense would be the speed-of-light. Also, I think it had something to do with his legs which were ripped of in the earlier chapters. So it wouldn't really scale to Orochi. If I'm wrong about that, I guess I'm okay with it being anomalous (despite Orochi's status).

Also whats with this use of hyperbole? It's not a hyperbolic statement at all, and I'll cite the discussion I had in this thread as my explanation.

When the best feat in the entire series performed by a guy who's pretty much a god within the series is Sub-Rel, you can easily take some arrogant fodder claiming himself to be FTL without anything backing it up to be a hyperbole. It's not considered an "incorrect statement" because there is no calc or anything directly disproving it like you use in your example. But rather nothing at all supports this statement.

This is no different than us deeming Burter calling himself FTL to be a hyperbole.

Either way it's aimdodging not actual speed, so that topic doesn't matter. And blitzing someone who didn't have the opportunity to aimdodge your attack doesn't mean you scale to the speed of an attack they once aimdodged.

Ryukama said:
Even the most generous calc using Cinematic Timing from the anime is only Sub-Rel+. But okay how about the fact that the second best feat in the entire franchise is only Mach 3600. Either way FTL is out of league for all the OPM feats so far.
That's not how it works. An aimdodger is able to dodge bullets by predicting where their opponent is going to shoot towards, then moving out of the way right before they shoot. They aren't fast enough to geniunely dodge a bullet.

If a bullet manages to blitz them, that means they didn't dodge before the shooter made his shot. Not that the bullet is now extra fast because it bypassed the aimdodging or something. Orochi blitzing Cockroach means he didn't dodge his attacks in advance. Not necessarily that Orochi is FTL.
My point is, you can only aim dodge to an extent. Lightspeed is his limit. meaning anything that hit him was beyond that limit.

There are relativistic feats in the series as well.

Again, not how it works.

• Person A can aimdodge a bullet by avoiding it before it was shot. But they aren't fast enough to actually dodge a bullet.
  • A different bullet hits Person A because they couldn't dodge it before it was shot.
  • This doesn't mean that the bullet is extra fast. It means Person A couldn't aimdodge it because they didn't dodge it before it was thrown.
Would you care to cite some of these Relativistic feats? Suiryu and Choze already got debunked and rejected.

Awakened Cockroach never said what distance he could dodge a "light speed" attack from. I could dodge a light speed attack with precog if it was coming at me from millions of kilometers away.

If he never said what distance why is this even trying to be used?.

"Either way it's aimdodging not actual speed"

Which is another reason why I believed that statement to not be hyperbolic (i agree with your first point though, I didn't take that into consideration), because it isn't even incorrect (that he can aimdodge a light-speed attack.) I also agree with the last part.

Boros-fan said:
Awakened Cockroach never said what distance he could dodge a "light speed" attack from. I could dodge a light speed attack with precog if it was coming at me from millions of kilometers away.
AC had more than enough time to react. He just wasnt fast enough since orochi was so much faster than his senses.

Quangotjokes said:
Boros-fan said:
AC had more than enough time to react. He just wasnt fast enough since orochi was so much faster than his senses.
And we don't know how fast he is because he wasn't specific with his boast. Even a normal human can dodge a light speed attack under the right circumstances.

@AMM Alright. I mean if he was actually saying his speed to FTL, I think we can take it as a hyperbole in this case. However it seems like he was just referring to aimdodging.

Actually, let's wait til the translation. Maybe AC will say something like, " OMG he's faster than light?"

Still waiting for those Relativistic speed Feats, if there are several and there legit I won't mind.

To a moderate degree. And it's preferred to especially watch langauge on a serious Content Revision Thread as opposed to a message wall or chat.

I thought we did use the anime version? If not it should be ok unless there is a bunch of screen cuts, if not I don't see a problem.

If we're now accepting anime versions of these OPM manga feats Tornado might need a downgrade.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/488240

I think we're staying with manga. But I'm not sure. Either way for consistency sake we'd have to relook Tornado's feat if we're to do that with Saitama's.

Well I believe it was discussed that as long as the scene happened in the Manga it can be used to get a timeframe but if their are several cuts it can't be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back