• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Monster Association Arc God-Tiers Revision

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Awakened Garou (parallel timeline):
Blast
  • Upgrade to 4-A, likely far higher (Blast and his teammates were able to reduce the output of serious punch squared . Blast was also worried about the attack hitting the Earth and being able to alter its trajectory away from the planet, showing he wasn't concerned about his own well-being while approximating how he could somehow manage the energy. Was also stated to be fighting against God himself in another dimension, whereas Garou only received a portion of God's power. His team implied he could handle a similar level of divine power by himself)
  • I think sealing should be removed but BFR kept, he essentially has two distinct abilities for the same reason. BFR is more accurate here.
  • "Gravity Manipulation and Absorption (Should be able to replicate Garou's usage of the Gravity Knuckle to absorb attacks)" The reason should just be via gravity knuckle and should link to Garou's feats. Garou copied Blast's attacks, not the other way around.
  • Should outright be massively FTL. He was able to react to and warp away the same Saitama and Garou that were speeding around IO. Garou had not decided to endlessly copy Saitama yet.
Saitama
  • His parallel and current timeline should be the same key, as they fused into the same being, which is also stated by Genos. He just forgot everything. For this reason he should also have a far higher rating, especially since he had a stronger exponential boost than Garou. Yes, by punching Garou he should have erased those events out of existence, but Parallel Garou's "ghost" being present in the main timeline, as well as the continued existence of Future Genos's core which had recordings of that timeline suggest something else.
  • He should have causality manipulation
  • Change matter manipulation to macro-quantum
  • Should go from mftl to likely mftl+ (fusing with his pre-exponential power gap self that completed the IO feat should at least double his speed at the time of the feat through simple addition, also exponential power increases suggest at least a 2x increase.)

Last edited:
saitama never fused with himself, the future saitama was just paradoxed out of existence and we can’t really say that there is any kind of scaling that could be gained from that.
And also we already concluded that time travel does not equal causality manipulation, causality being changed is just a side effect and doesn’t really have much to do with Saitama’s actual ability there.
And also saitama’s punch against current timeline Garou was done without intending to kill him to begin with

But yes blast should be at most 4-A for scaling to Garou who was able to break his smaller portals
Cosmic Garou should range from 5-C to at most 4-A in initial timeline key

Agree
  • For the same reason he has overwhelming aura he should also have social influencing for fear
He has fear manip.
This is a meme.
Not sure.
Agree
  • Antimatter manipulation, macro-quantum manipulation (can control his electron spin and antiparticles)
Neutral
Disagree
  • Add a "likely far higher" (I'm compensating for likely 3-C here)(Saitama and Garou are only three orders of magnitude away from 3-C from their serious punch clash, and they received exponential growth since then)
Agree
Blast
  • Upgrade to 4-A, likely far higher (Blast and his teammates were able to reduce the output of serious punch squared . Blast was also worried about the attack hitting the Earth and being able to alter its trajectory away from the planet, showing he wasn't concerned about his own well-being while approximating how he could somehow manage the energy. Was also stated to be fighting against God himself in another dimension, whereas Garou only received a portion of God's power. His team implied he could handle a similar level of divine power by himself)
Agree
  • I think sealing should be removed but BFR kept, he essentially has two distinct abilities for the same reason. BFR is more accurate here.
Neutral
  • "Gravity Manipulation and Absorption (Should be able to replicate Garou's usage of the Gravity Knuckle to absorb attacks)" The reason should just be via gravity knuckle and should link to Garou's feats. Garou copied Blast's attacks, not the other way around.
Agree
  • Should outright be massively FTL. He was able to react to and warp away the same Saitama and Garou that were speeding around IO. Garou had not decided to endlessly copy Saitama yet.
Agree
Saitama
  • His parallel and current timeline should be the same key, as they fused into the same being, which is also stated by Genos. He just forgot everything. For this reason he should also have a far higher rating, especially since he had a stronger exponential boost than Garou.
Disagree
That's time manip
  • Change matter manipulation to macro-quantum
Neutral
  • Should go from mftl to likely mftl+ (fusing with his pre-exponential power gap self that completed the IO feat should at least double his speed at the time of the feat through simple addition)
Disagree.

saitama never fused with himself, the future saitama was just paradoxed out of existence and we can’t really say that there is any kind of scaling that could be gained from that.
And also we already concluded that time travel does not equal causality manipulation, causality being changed is just a side effect and doesn’t really have much to do with Saitama’s actual ability there.
And also saitama’s punch against current timeline Garou was done without intending to kill him to begin with
I was on the fence about the causality thing being time travel, I'll edit that out the OP. However, I'm not convinced about the merging because we see it + it is stated, and if Saitama paradoxed his past self out of existence, then in most cases in fiction, the character in question would simply disappear. Also Genos's core being brought back to the present with memories of the future doesn't make sense otherwise, if Saitama stopped the present Garou from ever killing Genos, thus negating the existence of a second core.

He has fear manip.
His current fear inducement ability involving TTM does not convincingly show fear on TTM's behalf. Also, "It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors."
This is a meme.
I don't see how being called brighter than the sun is a meme when characters from other verses get it just from having a bright aura.

The rest of your arguments excluding the ones Ziller already brought up can be explained tbh.

It's literally a joke about someone using light mode on a website.
😐
Tm4mMtOoYUr0Hv29AePI1675956721.jpg
7awRP2FvJykNAyrBvDQI1675956721.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's implied that Saitama's time travel is more akin to him jumping from one timeline to a (past) point in another timeline as Genos explained.

Either that or Saitama's affinity for Genos made him clutch for the core so hard he negated causality, which I guess works but it isn't combat applicable.

Is that really dimensional BFR? For what I see, it's more like Blast put the entrance and the exit of the Portal close to the other and started to pull it closer and closer until it closed completely. Because, as you can see, Garou's entering and exiting from the same portal. It should still be BFR, though (and it may grant some ability to Garou? Idk)
  • For the same reason he has overwhelming aura he should also have social influencing for fear
Disagree with that.
Social Influencing is ones ability to manipulate other characters using some form of charm. This has several uses in the form of manipulation. Whether it be to manipulate how an opponent fights, thinks, or to get info from them that the user would want or need. This can be used in a number of ways via their looks, natural charm, or their way of speaking.
Garou's "manipulating" other characters due to his fear manipulation. If it's social influencing, then it's not fear manipulation.
Scan doesn't work to me
I guess so?
Pointing Saitama has sub-atomic matter manipulation for that, not macro-quantum.
Disagree with that. Saitama didn't want to kill Garou through the entire fight.
  • His punches destroyed Blast's hyperspace gates before copying Saitama, which were also destroyed in the serious punch collision)
I'm not sure about this one. Would like to see others' opinion first.
  • Add a "likely far higher" (I'm compensating for likely 3-C here)(Saitama and Garou are only three orders of magnitude away from 3-C from their serious punch clash, and they have received exponential growth since then.)
Same about this one
Blast
Agree with this.
Agree.
Disagree. Garou was being completely speedblitzed by Saitama at that point of the fight, therefore, there is no reason to assume Blast would scale.
Saitama
  • His parallel and current timeline should be the same key, as they fused into the same being, which is also stated by Genos. He just forgot everything. For this reason he should also have a far higher rating, especially since he had a stronger exponential boost than Garou. Yes, by punching Garou he should have erased those events out of existence, but Parallel Garou's "ghost" being present in the main timeline, as well as the continued existence of Future Genos's core which had recordings of that timeline suggest
I'm a bit doubtful about this one tbh, since there is no real implication Saitama mantained the strength of his future self.
Immeasurable speed is better
  • Should go from mftl to likely mftl+ (fusing with his pre-exponential power gap self that completed the IO feat should at least double his speed at the time of the feat through simple addition)
I'm also a bit doubtful about this one fra

Blast’s dimensional bfr thing really makes no sense
technically Garou would have just been touching his own legs and then the portals coming closer would have literally just crushed him to death
but I guess it just works

technically Garou would have just been touching his own legs and then the portals coming closer would have literally just crushed him to death
BLAST INFINITE LS??? Pog, pog.

Eh I guess, that being said Blast did tell Garou he was going to take him to another dimension because his radiation was killing everyone.

Is that really dimensional BFR? For what I see, it's more like Blast put the entrance and the exit of the Portal close to the other and started to pull it closer and closer until it closed completely. Because, as you can see, Garou's entering and exiting from the same portal. It should still be BFR, though (and it may grant some ability to Garou? Idk)
Yes, that's still dimensional BFR. Why would the means of how he got there change the nature of the technique? Also, Garou directly calls it a hyperspace portal which is in direct agreement with Blast trying to transport him to a different dimension.
Disagree with that.

Garou's "manipulating" other characters due to his fear manipulation. If it's social influencing, then it's not fear manipulation.
Which is the point that I am making.
Scan doesn't work to me
The scans are posted in the thread above.
Pointing Saitama has sub-atomic matter manipulation for that, not macro-quantum.
It is macro-quantum, per the matter manipulation page I linked.
Disagree with that. Saitama didn't want to kill Garou through the entire fight.
What does this have to do with anything? Saitama still has 4-A feats despite not wanting to kill Garou.
Disagree. Garou was being completely speedblitzed by Saitama at that point of the fight, therefore, there is no reason to assume Blast would scale.
Blast watched them both throw serious punches and transported them into space before their hits connected. He also managed to throw up a portal for every one of Garou's punches, and was stated to be able to handle a divine threat like Garou on his own. How would he not scale, even if they both downscale?

Last edited:
Garou never demonstrated this ability. Even when he comes back the portal wasn't completely closed yet
I'm not seeing fear manipulation here. Plenty of people were still willing to fight him if it wasn't for the turbo cancer
????

That's a meme edit panel man
This just falls under radiation manipulation rather than weather manipulation. Since it's a side effect of one power rather than direct control of the weather
I'm alright with that
Fine with that
The former doesn't work as Saitama wasn't trying to kill Garou. The latter I don't get, because Blast failing to contain Garou's punch attack and also failing to contain the serious punch clash just means that he's unable to contain either with his BFR. Not that they're necessarily comparable in power.

So I'm against this
  • Add a "likely far higher" (I'm compensating for likely 3-C here)(Saitama and Garou are only three orders of magnitude away from 3-C from their serious punch clash, and they have received exponential growth since then.)
I'm fine with this.
Blast
I don't see this. Blast outright failed to alter the blast without help, they were shocked that someone other than Blast could fight God's avatar and the scan from Stitch is saying that Blast's power is the sole reason why he can fight God since no one else can counter Space-Time manipulation.

If Blast could handle Garou himself he wouldn't have been pushed hard and Garou himself wouldn't have called him not a threat and focus on copying Saitama instead
Sure I agree
I agree with this
The copy thing doesn't work since Garou copied Saitama's serious mode, which was shown to be far faster than Garou.

Though I do agree that he can't be so much slower that he's in a worse tier. So downscaling is probably fine. Saitama's power spike doesn't happen until Garou keeps copying him anyways.
Saitama
  • His parallel and current timeline should be the same key, as they fused into the same being, which is also stated by Genos. He just forgot everything. For this reason he should also have a far higher rating, especially since he had a stronger exponential boost than Garou. Yes, by punching Garou he should have erased those events out of existence, but Parallel Garou's "ghost" being present in the main timeline, as well as the continued existence of Future Genos's core which had recordings of that timeline suggest something else.
His strength being the same is fine, but he forgot all of his abilities and skills due to the memory loss. So those would still need to be separated.
Alright
If it's only Saitama I can see "MFTL, likely MFTL+"

Has it really been confirmed that Saitama retains his Io powerup strength though?
The thing with Saitama is that there's no reason for his baseline strength to really decrease. He would lose his memories, but physically he'd be the same person after slamming into himself.

Unless in Genos' wordy explanation stated something against that train of thought.

The thing with Saitama is that there's no reason for his baseline strength to really decrease. He would lose his memories, but physically he'd be the same person after slamming into himself.

Unless in Genos' wordy explanation stated something against that train of thought.
Genos' states the events as both being a hypothetical, and happening in reality, which is confusing.
But yea theres no reason for saitam not to scale physically, especially since he even brang genos' core back
what-are-your-thoughts-on-genos-not-actually-learning-v0-jq57r55lbyi91.jpg

Genos' states the events as both being a hypothetical, and happening in reality, which is confusing.
But yea theres no reason for saitam not to scale physically, especially since he even brang genos' core back
what-are-your-thoughts-on-genos-not-actually-learning-v0-jq57r55lbyi91.jpg
Shorten that to 20 words or less and try again.

Saitama from the present and future very obviously are different. The fact that he lost his memories in the first place should prove that
there is literally nothing suggesting that saitama transferred his future power to his other self while erasing his memories at the same time.

I don't see this. Blast outright failed to alter the blast without help, they were shocked that someone other than Blast could fight God's avatar and the scan from Stitch is saying that Blast's power is the sole reason why he can fight God since no one else can counter Space-Time manipulation.

If Blast could handle Garou himself he wouldn't have been pushed hard and Garou himself wouldn't have called him not a threat and focus on copying Saitama.
Blast didn't fail to alter the blast, he never got a chance to attempt to alter it. They came before he was going to attempt to alter the blast.

They said blast fought beings of his scale in the past. Never said it was easy and blast didn't struggle against Garou. Garou never said Blast wasn't a threat, he from the start of the fight said his main focus was Saitama.

Garou never said Blast wasn't a threat,
He said that he doesn't care about Blast anf his focus was completely on copying Saitama, who he felt was a superior foe even when he was holding back.
Blast didn't fail to alter the blast, he never got a chance to attempt to alter it
Before his allies came in to help he was internally panicking trying to think of a way to alter or contain the blast and even with three other people all the did was push it in another direction rather than stop it.

A hax based directional change feat isn't a AP feat.

They said blast fought beings of his scale in the past.
They said that they didn't know someone other than Blast on Earth could fight someone with Dovine Power. Not that he fought someone on Garou's level before.

He said that he doesn't care about Blast anf his focus was completely on copying Saitama, who he felt was a superior foe even when he was holding back.

Before his allies came in to help he was internally panicking trying to think of a way to alter or contain the blast and even with three other people all the did was push it in another direction rather than stop it.

A hax based directional change feat isn't a AP feat.
You're forgetting the fact that blast is a psychic, and can move things with telekinesis, which does scale to his ap

Yeah, he wanted to copy Saitama's full power. He knew Saitama was still holding back which is why even after blast showed up he still was focused on killing Genos.

Blast redirecting it should scale to ap. It's presented as an ap feat. If simply manipuing space any one of them could do it. They specifically mention scale of the power.

Blast was still stated to have defeated being on the same level of Garou.

Word for word: "To think another hero besides you could hold his own against someone imbued with so much divine power"

Which is saying he's fought beings in the past at the level.

Yeah, he wanted to copy Saitama's full power. He knew Saitama was still holding back which is why even after blast showed up he still was focused on killing Genos.

Blast redirecting it should scale to ap. It's presented as an ap feat. If simply manipuing space any one of them could do it. They specifically mention scale of the power.

Blast was still stated to have defeated being on the same level of Garou.

Word for word: "To think another hero besides you could hold his own against someone imbued with so much divine power"

Which is saying he's fought beings in the past at the level.
Blast was still capable of moving it without help btw, he just wasnt sure if the earth would be out of its trajectory

Garou never demonstrated this ability. Even when he comes back the portal wasn't completely closed yet
He never demonstrated using hyperspace portals? The scans are right there.
I'm not seeing fear manipulation here. Plenty of people were still willing to fight him if it wasn't for the turbo cancer
I didn't say anything about fear manipulation.
????

That's a meme edit panel man
Addressed in the thread (Light manipulation)
This just falls under radiation manipulation rather than weather manipulation. Since it's a side effect of one power rather than direct control of the weather
I don't see how this is any different from characters who get storm creation from powering up. Cloud seeding is a direct weather manipulation technique IRL.
The former doesn't work as Saitama wasn't trying to kill Garou. The latter I don't get, because Blast failing to contain Garou's punch attack and also failing to contain the serious punch clash just means that he's unable to contain either with his BFR. Not that they're necessarily comparable in power.
Saitama wasn't trying to kill Garou in any reality. He made a promise to Tareo before they fought. Even after killing Genos, Saitama said he only wanted to beat the shit out of him. As for Blast's portals, he knew outright that his portals wouldn't even begin to contain the energy of the serious punch ^2. They also weren't able to contain Garou spamming cosmic punches. Garou could take blows from Saitama without being in Saitama mode, and Garou could "damage" ("affect" if you dare argue semantics) Saitama by only using his own strikes and martial arts, which his cosmic fists scale above.

If Blast could handle Garou himself he wouldn't have been pushed hard and Garou himself wouldn't have called him not a threat and focus on copying Saitama instead
Blast was never incapable; he just said he couldn't give the beam enough distance. But your quote highlighted in bold directly agrees with what is actually stated in the manga. And what do you mean pushed hard? Blast temporarily BFR'd Garou and warped away all of his cosmic punches. Garou never landed a blow on Blast once, so I would say he was handling himself fine despite the fact that Garou can just power steal.

As far as Stitch's comment, yes Blast has the only technique allowing him to fight God, but that does not also mean that all you need is S/T techniques to fight God. That would be reductive of Blast's actual power.
The copy thing doesn't work since Garou copied Saitama's serious mode, which was shown to be far faster than Garou.

Though I do agree that he can't be so much slower that he's in a worse tier. So downscaling is probably fine. Saitama's power spike doesn't happen until Garou keeps copying him anyways.
I don't see how it doesn't work when he warped them away before their fists could connect during Garou's first Saitama Mode. That is already a better speed feat for Blast than him warping away each one of Garou's punches without taking damage.
His strength being the same is fine, but he forgot all of his abilities and skills due to the memory loss. So those would still need to be separated.
Ok.
If it's only Saitama I can see "MFTL, likely MFTL+"
Yes, just for him.

Pretty sure the Serious Punch just after Genos being killed was dealt with killing intent but I guess he calmed down after Jupiter

I think current Saitama has the exponential stat boost from his fight on Jupiter. But obviously he forgot how to do time travel. I agree with the "far higher" rating for them. Last time I checked they weren't 3-C because it's vague how much stronger they got during the fight.

I kinda agree with Dimensional BFR for Garou as well. He opened a portal to come back from being transported by Blast to whatever dimension. So he should be able to BFR people to that same dimension.
Pretty sure the Serious Punch just after Genos being killed was dealt with killing intent but I guess he calmed down after Jupiter
Isn't that literally a full power SP?
we all know the reason why Saitama was angry at first was because Garou made him miss the grocery store sale
And it's really funny how he often misses sales despite how fast he can run lol.

You're forgetting the fact that blast is a psychic, and can move things with telekinesis, which does scale to his ap
We attribute that feat to spatial manipulation rather than telekinesis, which isn't some that scales to AP.

He never demonstrated using hyperspace portals?
He never demonstrates interdimensional portal range.

didn't say anything about fear manipulation.
Social influcing for fear is the same thing. He doesn't do enough to warrant a power like that in my view.

Addressed in the thread (Light manipulation)
Do we count being bright as light manipulation?

I don't see how this is any different from characters who get storm creation from powering up.
Even in that case it's more direct, since the person is directly influcing the environment. Garou just floods the area with radiation, which then eventually causes the black rain. It's a by product of his fission attacks, not a direct manipulation of weather patterns.
Saitama wasn't trying to kill Garou in any reality. He made a promise to Tareo before they fought. Even after killing Genos, Saitama said he only wanted to beat the shit out of him
Then there's no justification for 4-A scaling. Saitama had no incentive to hit him with maximum lethal force.

Garou could take blows from Saitama without being in Saitama mode, and Garou could "damage"
Garou still copied Saitama's serious mode at the jump, meaning his base became equal to Saitama's base for the Io fight. It's why he's straight up 4-A for his alt timeline key.

Blast was never incapable; he just said he couldn't give the beam enough distance
He internally panicked and his only option was to try and redirect the beam rather than cancel it. He also needed help to do that as well.

And what do you mean pushed hard? Blast temporarily BFR'd Garou and warped away all of his cosmic punches.
He warped away Garou, got immediately countered and then thr punch barrage shattered his gates and flooded the area with more radiation. Blast also said that Garou would kill the Earth if he didn't get him off planet.

Considering Garou also considered Saitama significantly mote powerful I don't see him scaling to 4-A

He never demonstrates interdimensional portal range.
Hyperspace by definition uses another dimension to travel.
Do we count being bright as light manipulation?
If blast is the one that's creating the light then yea
Then there's no justification for 4-A scaling. Saitama had no incentive to hit him with maximum lethal force
The point is that none of saitama's punches were with maximum lethal force, including the serious punch ^2
He internally panicked and his only option was to try and redirect the beam rather than cancel it. He also needed help to do that as well.
FBBs828rFN9WWMxvpozS1675956737.jpg

blast was still able to redirect the beam, just not enough for it to completely avoid earth
" i cant give it enough distance"

The SP^2 was definitely a full power punch with killing intent though

It doesn't really matter anyway, the "zero punch" that knocked God's power out of Garou wasn't thrown by Saitama with killing intent, which is why "Main timeline" Cosmic Garou doesn't scale to 4-A

Back