• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oops I'm Late: Please Read, Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I was going to post this sooner, but aside from being busy for the past month, I've also been unsure of what to say. I've wondered many a time if it was better to simply fade away, but then I realized I'm a moron and that would be shitty, so here I am. I'll try to keep this brief.

You probably already know this, but I am resigning.

I haven't been active here in quite some time. A number of factors have been responsible for my lack of contribution, but the largest one is that I simply don't care, anymore. I mean this with no sense of malice, dismissiveness, or a holier-than-thou attitude. The work that has been done on this site is remarkable, and many have contributed to it far, far more than I have. All this means is that my interest in what is done here has run its course. I no longer care (nor can force myself to care) for the stats of fictional characters and tiering systems such as the one used on our site, at least not to the extent I used to. I'm still interested in the power and powers of franchises I already had an investment in, but only in a manner of them making for a mildly amusing fun fact or something that is interesting/ridiculous. Focusing only on things I care about and doing so in such a small way while remaining in a position of such high importance isn't helping anyone.

I am of course busier than I was when I began my work here, but time doesn't really matter if I have no desire to make it. Being perfectly honest, I lost the drive I once had a while before I became inactive.

The people I met are what kept me going.

I made friends with a surprising number of people here, and if I wrote comprehensive list of those who helped make this wiki a site worth growing, I'd be here all night. Just know that I am thinking of all of you, and you have my thanks for the wonderful memories I have of spending long nights debating and digging up feats for random crap.

As I said before, I'd prefer to keep this brief. But know that I'm not gone, forever. I still have a discord, and will be a lot more likely to reply without the pressure of writing out my goodbyes looming over my shoulder. Maybe someday I'll come back to add to some information to the verses that seem to perpetually hold my attention. Oh, and if you want to say something to me in the comments below (or tell me that I am big dumb because of an opinion I have on something that isn't real), then feel free. I'm all ears.

Thanks for everything, VS Battles Wiki. I now return to ephemeral, imaginary worlds from whence I came.

I am very sorry to see you go. You have been one of the absolutely most rational, analytical, and levelheaded members of the staff of this wiki, and always were reliable when I needed input in private.

However, if you do not have the time or interest for this anymore, and are too busy in real life, I very much understand, and wish you all the best for your future. You will be very missed. Good luck, thank you for all of your help with building and maintaining this community over the years, and please send me a message via fanfiction.net every now and then if you wish to keep in touch.

Well, Azzy, I can say this...for the time that you leave us, you will be missed.

But on the hope that one day we will see you, again, whether it be in a small or big way, I won't say 'Goodbye'. Instead, I'll say see you later.

Thank you, for everything you did. It was a joy to read your posts and without you, I don't think I'd have the same outlook on quite possibly my favorite verse.

Dream beautiful dreams, Azathoth.

Wow... day's finally come.

You outlasted a lot of people, I'll sure say that.

Thank you for all your work. Honestly, you were probably one of the reasons I stayed with vs wiki long enough to get really entrenched. You were one of the interesting entertaining people when I arrived.

Sorry to see you leave, but I wish you the best of luck in everything in your life.

Thank you for everything you've done for the community during these years.

Not only the revisions, even little things like making jokes and giving everyone a good laugh or chatting about stuff were important for a lot of people, and while i can't speak for others, it's something that definitely contributed to me sticking around.

Good luck for the future

We weren't very close, but I respected you. Without a doubt you were one of the greatest staff members to have been on this site and I wish I could debate half as good as you; few people come close to you in terms of insight and clarity, your usefulness as a member really can't be understated. Another thing is that you have a great sense of humor, like, I don't know who here has more consistently given me a laugh than you, your jokes are just something else

This is a sad day to see you go, unfortunately I understand all too well that people here are going to lose interest sooner or later, and there's nothing to be done about it. That part about finding good friends here and wanting to stay because of them is something I relate to deeply, it is the wonderful people here that truly makes the site what it is

Goodbye Azathoth, and thank you for everything

i just talked for a bit but you were a cool dood and i legit laughed at some of the shit u said And nearly got caught in class . It's sad to see ya leave but I understand how it is. Go back to dreaming blind hentai idiot god. We'll miss ya and your memes And don't wake up only to yeet us into non existent . I wish you well in whatever you do in life

And here I was hoping against all odds that soon you'll return from your long slumber just as you were before that.

Ant and Andy have already said a lot of things about you that I would've said if I saw this thread before them. I totally, completely get where you're coming from though. And I wish you all the best for whatever's in store for you in the future. But I still hope we'll see you here from time to time, because we all are going to miss you. Your jokes and humorous comments more than you actually

I already imagined that something like this was happening. And though it is sad, I perfectly understand your sentiment.

I'm going to miss your presence here. You were always one of the smartest, funniest, and kindest people on this site. The work and impact you've brought here was phenomenal and I will remember you fondly.

Finally, I'll still see you on Discord and hope we can continue to speak about general nerd shit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back