• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oops I'm Late: Please Read, Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take care Azzy, I saw this coming a couple months back.

But you were one of the most level headed and knowledgeable users we ever had as well as one of the most unbiased and rational. But yes, RL Stress can often overwhelm the body and mind to the point where fictional Vs debating starts to become unimportant by comparison. And there can still be great levels stress here as well.

It's a real shame to see you go, but this is completely understandable.

When you messaged me on Discord pointing me to this, you mentioned something about being awful with time.

I would like to add that you're also awful with timing, because you messaged me about this while I was at work.

No, but seriously. You and I have already talked about this a few times, and while I of all people completely understand and respect your decision, I genuinely feel as if the wiki is losing one of the best and most important members it has ever had. The mixture of knowledge, humor and insight you brought to any given thread, even with as few as two or three posts, was something that could not be ignored or waved aside by even the most stubborn of us, and the work you put into the pages you helped improve and revise is equally undeniable.

You gave us laughs whenever you could, even under the most inopportune circumstances. You brought strong arguments whenever you stepped up to debate any of us, and could turn threads in your favor with many facts and only a few words. You slapped us over the head every time we tried to say anything too idiotic, pass anything too illogical or pull anything too insane, and established yourself as the staff member who could debunk nonsense like nobody else.

And in doing so, you did a lot of good for this place. Your everyday presence on this site made a difference, and a very important one at that.

You and I will still talk, long after you've been gone and I've handed in my own resignation, because I consider you a fairly close friend of mine by now. But I think I can speak for everyone when I say that you'll be missed on this wiki, and that your absence will be felt for a long time. And as for your future endeavors, I wish you luck. I hope you succeed at everything you work towards.

I'd say something here about "the guy named Azathoth making his dreams a reality", but I think this thread has enough corny jokes in your honor already.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We're back to having only three purple names now, and this time; not sure if there are any potential candidates for the replacement.
We will see if any of our current administrators eventually shows sufficient dedication and reliability to qualify.

@Andy, it was a joke; I know Cal wouldn't go that far, and I've even joked about Cal supporting High 2-A Kirby, which would be Low 1-C now. And it was via cross scaling from Master Hand and Crazy Hand who "Perceive 4-D beings like Palkia and Dialga as toys". Which Toy Story would have Low 2-C humans by that logic via perceiving 3D beings as toys.

Plus, Azathoth is all for fun and games.

Antvasima said:
@Andy

I am more worried about that FanofRPGs plans to revise the Cthulhu Mythos.
Please try not to worry too much, some new hands on Cthulhu mythos are inevitable and changes aren't a thing to be adverse about for any verse. Plus from what I've seen on him, I really don't think he's planning to make changes without justifying it properly

Azzy, you were one of the guys who defined this place for me back when I first came, one of the ones that showed me this place was an actual community with nice, genuine people. I probably would have never joined if people like you weren't around to make it welcoming and fun. You were changing this place for the better long before you became a bureaucrat, and your mark will stick with this community for good. Take care of yourself, you big idiot.

We unfortunately didn't get to talk much due to me only becoming prominent during the period where your activity severely decreased. However, every time I did see you talk, it was good humor mixed with good analysis, probably making you one of the best people to talk to I've seen on the site.

I feel bad for not having gotten to talk to you, especially since diving head first the fustercluck of Warhammer.

Good luck with all of your endeavors in the future man, your mark on this site will not be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back