• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oops I'm Late: Please Read, Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Wok is too young

I'm gonna stop you right there

I have just now had the time to read some of these replies, and I honestly want to cry. I feel like the lack of tears streaming down my face signals something horribly wrong with me, but at least I know the feeling is there. I have always been just some guy who was doing this for fun, hoping that I wasn't pissing anyone off, too much (at least in any serious, non-joking way). To see that so many of you seem to have actually enjoyed my presence and valued my input to such an extent is, in a word, moving.

Thank you, everyone. This is more of a farewell than I ever could have hoped for, and leaps and bounds beyond what I believe I've earned. I genuinely look forward to continuing to talk with many of you either on Discord or somewhere else. I'm never opposed to conversation.

Now excuse me while I hand out kudos like bargain price Halloween candy.

The Boys - Homelander You guys are the real heroes-0
The Boys - Homelander "You guys are the real heroes"-0

I haven't commented since this thread opened up because I figured out I'm... not a very okay person, I guess. In situations like this, I usually only project what I'm supposed to be feeling, whatever sadness and whatnot I'm actually experiencing is really dull.

But I was listening to this as my mouse scrolled over the announcements and I looked over the thread again, and Azathoth's last reply gave me a sting in my eyes, something I only feel when I'm close to tears

It's probably cheap to say something after Azzy gave the big "this is better than I ever could have hoped for" line, but

Azathoth has always been an integral part of the community, from the very first time my dumb self stepped onto here, completely oblivious to the fact that Some trash light novel character I've never really heard of would be 4-A, Hellsing isn't Tier 8, and so on, Azzy was where he was now. He never got upset, and whenever he gave input, it was wise and logical to the best of his abilities as a tired man

I suppose, looking back at it, I can relate to all that. I dunno how Bureaucratic pains compare to being a Calc Slave, but either one involves being pelted with messages requesting higher knowledge and long winded explanations about what a normal person would consider nonsense. But, in spite of that, he never really gave into a rant or any kind of anger. He was the laid back authority figure, a key part of any old community like this.

I guess like Gar (Only true VSBW boomers would get that) said, I regret not knowing him that much. I was among the message wall bois, ultimately. But even then, I can still look back at what little there was, to find it's not little at all. He's done alot for this community, and the way he's helped me in places is a small piece of that.

I gave myself like, 20 minutes to try and formulate a point when writing this, so I don't really have one. I guess I just wanted to say words for the sake of it, because this doesn't deserve silence.

Please try not to worry too much, some new hands on Cthulhu mythos are inevitable and changes aren't a thing to be adverse about for any verse. Plus from what I've seen on him, I really don't think he's planning to make changes without justifying it properly

This.

People leave and quit eventually. I was planning a few small threads on WH40K which I will now refrain from posting due to Azzy leaving, but it's perfectly understandable that some people feel like their opinion on a verse should be known, regardless of whether the most knowledgeable person on that verse leaves or not.

I'm fairly sure a few verses I'm into and have worked revise to revise will be downgraded or upgraded as soon as I leave in a way I might not have approved of if I were here, and I won't be able to do much about it (and probably won't care when it comes to that).

It's no use acting like a ******* cult.

Farewell, Azzy. I don't know what to say, except that I sincerely hope the best for you in the future.

When I started on the wiki and was a disaster, I still quickly noticed you and Matt to be the most exceptional users here. I believe it would be accurate to affirm that you inspired me to be better, and not just in things related to indexing stats of fictional characters, you were extraordinary in far more than that.

Kepekley23 said:
I'm fairly sure a few verses I'm into and have worked revise to revise will be downgraded or upgraded as soon as I leave in a way I might not have approved of if I were here, and I won't be able to do much about it (and probably won't care when it comes to that).
I would like to clarify that this is pretty similar to how I feel. There are also many verses I was planning to revise in some way that I simply can't bring myself to make a big deal of anymore, so I'll probably just keep my mouth shut, for most of them. Having new opinions isn't a bad thing, and it's not like someone is going to say something like "Yog is planet level because idk", causing everyone to spontaneously agree like some kind of robotic yes-men. The quotes are there, and I'm not the only one who's taken time to gather them.

It's also worth noting that I greatly appreciate the time and effort Fan has gone through to gather some of these quotes for his blogs. It's even made me look over passages I've read dozens of times in a new light. From what I've seen, the two of us aren't too far off in where we believe most of the Mythos' top tiers should stand. If anything, the few differences I've noticed so far have been that I'm more inclined to believe in the higher-ends of the tiers he's presented (meaning I think "likely" instead of "possibly", or even just the higher tier on its own, is preferable), and that I'd put Azathoth's higher end in Tier 0 as opposed to High 1-A, due to a few factors. This is in part thanks to quotes that I wouldn't have analyzed as thoroughly had they not been brought back up. But as Lovecraft would say, we are beings bound by perspective, and this is simply mine. However, this topic is one of the few remaining tier discussions I'd genuinely be happy to take part in, when it comes time.

I never really interacted with you. I think you provided input in a conversation I was a part of but there was never any meaningful interaction between us (I was pretty new and was fairly stuck in the "purple name means big authority that I shouldn't bother" mentality)

But seeing all these comments has convinced me that I did you a disservice by never speaking to you when I could have, and that you're exactly the kind of member I would look up to and strive to be. It honestly reminds me of why I keep coming back to this community, however few friends I've made in comparison to a lot of you, and makes me proud to be even a small part of something that has people like you at the helm.

I wish you the best of luck, you magnificent enigma, and know that if for whatever reason you felt like it, I would have been happy to speak with you and call you a fellow member.
Khsnd

Hello, Azzy. I haven't spoken to you in... Jeez it's likely been over a year. This is a rather sad development. Part of me felt this was going to happen because of your lack of responses, but this straight up confirmed it. .. Something that didn't want confirmed.

I feel hopeful you will find your place elsewhere to make a mark like you have done here. I'm not sure what else to say besides this but you were a living role model for the community, a living legend that most strived to be like, including myself. You were easily amongst the mst pleasurable people to debate as comrades i agreement or on the opposing side.

Thank you for being who you were for as long as you were on here. I'm not sure if I'm fit to call you a friend or even partner, but:

https://youtu.be/UGovMdInCUk?t=10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back