• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Only Sora, Donald and Goofy should scale to 3A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobsican said:
"Ricky"
It´s Riku

Anyways, I think we already agreed on that only Sora, Donald and Goofy can scale to 3-A in lack of feats, as for the "budget" X-Blade still managed to somewhat control Kingdom Hearts itself too, if anything, it´s just a lower degree of 3-A, and it´s not a big assumption as the lore supports it being comparable to the "true" one.

And no, it wasn´t an AP stomp, Xehanort clearly just used Stopza, which is Time Stop, which is hax, so that´s not really an argument for them not being able to scale.
Quoting this so it isn´t ignored.

I agree with the OP, I also don't agree with an incomplete X-Blade scaling to the real thing.

For reference, the X-Blade is rated as "At least High 4-C" via "The X-Blade is presumably equal to Kingdom Hearts. While wielding the X-Blade, Ventus-Vanitas was able to fight both Aqua and King Mickey at the same time and nearly defeated them)".

And then there´s the description the High 4-C key of KH itself:

"(Capable of restoring hundreds of worlds and their stars. Xemnas merging with his Kingdom Hearts was able to get him around this level of power despite being partially destroyed, far above Zeus)"

If we are actually scaling to the "worlds" already, this is actually quite above 4-A as we already discussed before, as we can see with the size of Stitch´s world, meaning that everyone that scales to High 4-C may be actually 4-A instead.

Scaling the budget X-Blade to the original one's statement in KH3 "somewhat" is perfectly reasonable assumption as the variants of Kingdom Hearts are the exact same. There were no power increases nor was the one from BBS a weakened one like in KH2. Both were full Kingdom Hearts . Both were capable of summoning Kingdom Hearts upon being forged, and the "budget cut" was even described as capable of affecting Kingdom Hearts despite being a counterfeit by Ventus-Vanitas who was told his info by Xehanort.

So it by proxy of this feat should be somewhat comparable with Kingdom Hearts via being capable of affecting it ... And I do mean somewhat because while I agree KH3's variant is stronger but the statements at least make it be able to affect Kingdom Hearts and thusly scale somewhat to it... Hence the "At least High 4-C, possibly 3-A"

Based on my understanding, only those three were amplified and canonically able to fight against Xenahort. Meaning only those three should scale. It's very common in JRPGs that only selective party members where canonically on par with the final boss with the others being tag along who only last via game mechanics. It's similar to Ness being Low 2-C and the other Earthbound cast being Low 7-B.

My point wasn't about that now. I said that KH3's variant of the X-Blade is stronger canonically and they should be the only ones to get a "solid 3-A" . What I'm saying is that they could get a "possibly 3-A" based on scaling from the "budget X-Blade" from BBS via it having statements of being capable of affecting , summoning, and unlocking Kingdom Hearts akin to the original, but is clearly weaker than the X-Blade we see in KH3..

If we go that route we have a multitude of different scaling options to attempt to make a scaling chain by compositing them somehow:

Using "Young Sora"

While this reminds me we need a render for Young Sora [BBS]....We could use Young Sora to set up scaling for KH1 and beyond, as he gave Ventus the power to defeat Ventus-Vanitas, who scales to roughly half of the aforementioned X-Blade. Thsi si importan as he uses the keyblade which is an extension of the power of his heart, meaning he would be comparable to said variant of Ventus and thusly the scaling chain would be significantly larger [like literally every major enemy/allly he's had from any of the games would end up scaling... That chain would be monstrously huge].

Using "Aqua and Mickey" as the Baseline

Aqua is capable of holding her own against the full X-Blade, blocking blows, and shatttering it. Mickey also blocked a a shot from Ventus-Vanitas using the full X-Blade and fought alongside her. This was before becoming a Keyblade Master which should make him superior to before . They make it pretty apparent going through the Realm of Darkness was lethal and Aqua/Mickey have difficulty taking on Darksides from the Realm of Darkness which would be good scaling for some entities

Using "Braig"

Braig fought against Aqua and held his own. He became Xigbar and then someoen else. Would scale nicely to the Organization 13 Combatants since they definitely scale to igbar to say the least. Everyone from last rank to first would be afffected, especialy their amped seles from KH3 who'd scale marginally ">" Twilight Xemnass

Using "Xehanort"

Xehanort's Darkness and Light should be roughly 1/2 of him, which due to lolstomping Ventus who defeated Vanitas is a safe bet as any to start the scaling chain from either Ansem or Xemnas. In-fact, fighting them while they were amped is even more impresssive. We have seeen from KH1 to KH3 these guys be taken down so it's safe to say scaling them to this and making it consistent would be okay.

Sora KHHD
You mean this one? (Regarding Young Sora)
Unless... oh, you mean BsS era Sora? In that case, yeah, a render is to be made.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Based on my understanding, only those three were amplified and canonically able to fight against Xenahort. Meaning only those three should scale. It's very common in JRPGs that only selective party members where canonically on par with the final boss with the others being tag along who only last via game mechanics. It's similar to Ness being Low 2-C and the other Earthbound cast being Low 7-B.
I think you may NEED to use either Simba or Ariel summon or at least die and come back with a Kupo coin during one part of the final boss fight, I was always insta-killed by the 13 shadow Xehanorts unless I had a summon out during that time and I was on easy mode and I had not even died once until Scala ad Caelum which leads me to believe that this attacks is guaranteed to kill you without an active summon. I might be wrong tho.

Don´t summons´ power scale to Sora´s Magic stat?

KHI for example heavily points that out.

What, if anything, is left to do here?

So far we've agreed that Sora, Donald, and Goofy should scale to the full Kingdom Hearts...

However, I'd like to discuss with the others [albeit I'm willing to move it to a different thread] was my aforementioned suggestion to upgrade those scaling to the budget X-Blade based on affecting , unlocking Kingdom Hearts which actually is very much scalable and doesn't break the setting since those who scale would only scale extremely minimally to Kingdom Hearts [like 1/4th to 1/2 of it] and it still would be treated as a formidable threat in KH3 and the amp for Sora would have been neccessary to defeat Xehanort.

I think it would be better to get its own thread, The 2nd Existencial Seed, as that would require far more staff agreement TBH.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help after you have made some progress.

Please link it when it´s posted.

Or I can make the thread itself if you don´t have the time, however, I am somewhat lacking it (the time), so it could take a while.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
If we go that route we have a multitude of different scaling options to attempt to make a scaling chain by compositing them somehow:
Because of all the time travel stuff, Sora, the summons, Donald and Goofy seem to not only be the ones that may scale to 3-A, especially when you also take the BbS X-Blade too, @Matt, it seems.

No one should scale to 3-A. Xehanort is only 3-A via the X-Blade because he can invoke Kingdom Hearts and gets 3-A hax from KH itself, otherwise he is still physically High 4-C. Xehanort even one shots Sora with an attack sent directly from Kingdom Hearts. Sora shouldn't scale, or at best only keep his "Possibly" (I prefer the latter btw).

Warning: A typhoon hit Japan and it's affecting even other areas that just are experiencing heavy rain. I'm experiencing rolling blackouts at home that sometimes last hours, so don't expect to see me much (if at all) until the storms blow over.

I actually agree with Sera here.

Okay, the downgrade of everyone BUT Xehanort (Who will get an "At least High 4-C, 3-A with the X-Blade" rating) seems fine overall, while Sora, the summons, Donald and Goofy get instead an "At least High 4-C, possibly 3-A" rating.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
IMO If we go this route here is what I think:
"At least High 4-C, possibly 3-A" for those scaling to Incomplete X-Blade [Aqua, Terra, Ven, Vanitas, Post-KH2 / Post-Possession Dream Drop Sora , Mickey as he was literally their for the fight with Vanitas, and potentially Union Cross as they already indirectly scaled to Aqua , Ephemer's invovlement, ] and likely maybe more that I'm missing which I'll mention somethings below] for the following:

• Incomplete X-Blade was still capable of summoning Kingdom Hearts and unlocking it, and Ventus-Vanitas was weaponizing Kingdom Hearts into his attacks proving it still somewhat scales to the original X-Blade
  • Ansem tanking the Light of Kingdom Hearts to the face and still living to tell about it.
  • Xemnas scaling to Master Xehanort (BBS at least) by virtue of being roughly 1/2 of him at the time [remember KH1 Sora, after losing Roxas,is capable of fighting Xemnas and even pressuring him so even at 1/2 of his power so even KH1 Sora has reason to scale somewhat] , and as would Ansem to an extent.
  • 2.8 Riku was taking on the Demon Tower that Mickey was essentially stomped by so it's safe to say as of that point [unknown about KH3 tho] he's stronger than the Mickey from BBS as he was merely a novice with the keyblade.
  • Also... Surprisingly Data-Sora would scale [Post-Hollow Bastion] Data-Sora's Heartless was described as such a threat it would be dangerous to let loose implying it was a threat to the Keybearers outside and required Mickey's help to weaken it enough after being worn down from their fight. Also it's possible destroying the datascape should count as a feat since we now know the datascape is essentially treated as the equivalent in size to the Realm of Darkness & Light [thank you Union Cross].. Not to mention fighting Riku prior who was the embodiment of the datascape.
  • It's also safe to say DDD Riku scales even before 2.8 as he defeated Sora possessed by the Nightmare who was wielding Ventus' strength [who reminds me of Nightmare Chirithy due to a lot of familairities between the two.. theme wise and attack wise], defeated Young Xehanort who was shown relative to Post-Final Battle Aqua at least [when he had a keyblade so he's likely even stronger].

The BBS X-Blade did not summon the Kingdom Hearts. The BBS X-blade summoned the blue Kingdom Hearts, which was described as the "Kingdom Hearts of All living Things".

There are many versions of Kingdom Hearts depending on its composition:

1. The Door of Worlds/Door of Darkness which was formed by many destroyed worlds gathering into a single place and requires the seven princesses to open (KH 1)

2. The Yellow Kingdom Hearts or the Kingdom Hearts of People's Hearts which was formed by the hearts of people or the defeated heartless by Sora and co. (KH 2)

3. The Blue Kingdom Hearts which is formed by an improper method of combining pure light and darkness, said to be the Kingdom Hearts of all Living Things as we see the blu KH absorb the hearts of all living things (KH BBS and 2.8)

4. The Gold or True Kingdom Hearts which requires the clash of seven guardians of light and thirteen seekers of darkness. It is the KH that can rewrite the universe.

Mmm... in that case, yeah, it can´t really scale to the real thing, which would lead to at least Sora, Donald, Goofy and (Arguable at this point) the summons.

However, I think that this CRT should be dealt with first before this stuff goes throught, as it affects all scaling on an even higher way.

@Sera

So what solution would you suggest here?

BBS X-Blade should grant absorption hax at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back