• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Onepiece speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
mengikuti

So you're basically saying that Shirohige's movement is 90° because u assumed his armed swing from the side to the front right? but the issue is that his arm placement before he swung was behind him which would mean his arm would've formed a half cirlce to hit Kizaru.

Just like the pic you showed when finding the timeframe, his arm was technically behind him since his upperbody was slightly turned and so does his arm and Bisento. And if you actually try to perform this exact movement irl, your arm would swing 180°. And this is what happened in this scene, Shirohige swung his arm from the back to Kizaru which would form a half circle, the problem for the timeframe also doesn't matter since i find his movement using your pictures that lead you to 90°. And the reason i got a different result is because i saw it in a different perspective/point of view than you are.

And if 180° still seems far fetched for you, his movement would still atleast be in the hundreds. Maybe from 110 - 120 degree, and that would still be enough to get Shirohige to FTL+ since i discovered a new flaw to your original calc that would bump the speed up to FTL 9.87c

And after I looked at your calculations, I found some flaws.
1. Finding the diameter of the vague kizaru laser. You made shirohige's head as the object of comparison to find the diameter of the laser is a mistake, because she herself is not parallel which makes the diameter larger because the object of comparison is vague.
2. I found a good way is to calculate the length of the width of the kizaru's shoulders as finding the diameter of the light, because from the perspective they are parallel.

~
-Kizaru height 1205 px | 3.02m
- Shoulder width 314 px | 0.786954357m

Continue to find the diameter of the light:
  • kizaru shoulder width 163 px | 0.786954357m
  • laser diameter 36 px | 0.17380587m

And yeah, it makes more sense than finding yours.

Next will be fixing your wrong angsize.

-Light in Initial Frame: 100.7 px

- Light in Initial Frame: 0.17380587m

- Light in Final Frame: 142.2 px

- Screen Height: 1620 px
Angsize
~ initial frame 1620×0.17380587÷(100.7×2tan(35°)) =1,99660984m
~ end of frame 1620×0.17380587÷(142, 2 × 2tan(35°))=1.41391428m

• 1,99660984-1,41391428=0,58269556m

- Blue line 323px | 0.557487736m

Pythagoras: √(0,557487736²+(0,58269556²)= 0,806428355m

The original distance of the laser displacement was 0.806428355m not 1.60205160626m.

Which means if shirohige swings 90°:
7.96683730853 × 299792458 ÷ 0.806428355 = 2.96169861e9 m/s (9.87c)

Looks like you have to make a new calc shirohige with this version, and increase shirohige's move 105-110° to be FTL+.

Kok pake bahasa indo bro😂😂😂

So you're basically saying that Shirohige's movement is 90° because u assumed his armed swing from the side to the front right? but the issue is that his arm placement before he swung was behind him which would mean his arm would've formed a half cirlce to hit Kizaru.

Just like the pic you showed when finding the timeframe, his arm was technically behind him since his upperbody was slightly turned and so does his arm and Bisento. And if you actually try to perform this exact movement irl, your arm would swing 180°. And this is what happened in this scene, Shirohige swung his arm from the back to Kizaru which would form a half circle, the problem for the timeframe also doesn't matter since i find his movement using your pictures that lead you to 90°. And the reason i got a different result is because i saw it in a different perspective/point of view than you are.

And if 180° still seems far fetched for you, his movement would still atleast be in the hundreds. Maybe from 110 - 120 degree, and that would still be enough to get Shirohige to FTL+ since i discovered a new flaw to your original calc that would bump the speed up to FTL 9.87c

1. Finding the diameter of the vague kizaru laser. You made shirohige's head as the object of comparison to find the diameter of the laser is a mistake, because she herself is not parallel which makes the diameter larger because the object of comparison is vague.
2. I found a good way is to calculate the length of the width of the kizaru's shoulders as finding the diameter of the light, because from the perspective they are parallel.

~

Angsize

The original distance of the laser displacement was 0.806428355m not 1.60205160626m.

Looks like you have to make a new calc shirohige with this version, and increase shirohige's move 105-110° to be FTL+.

seems fine at a glance, nice!

~

Angsize

Your calculations are quite good tho.

No.

I didn't assume that his arm swung to the side to the front.

I calculated the laser's movement when he swung from the side to the right

~

Angsize

Wrong.

You're supposed to angsize both lengths because they aren't all in 1 plane in perspective to the screen

You can't do this shit at all, because you have no idea when Whitebeard swung, and you need to get the laser's distance from Whitebeard from after he swung 180º

You need to show his movement in the 2 different panels, then show the laser in both of those panels
I don't have to change shit, your version is nothing except "he moved larger" and the laser is closer based on bad pixelscaling and one sided logic

That's really cool bunch-of-people-who-never-were-here-before.

No Staff or actual supporter is approving this.

No.

Wrong.

You're supposed to angsize both lengths because they aren't all in 1 plane in perspective to the screen

You can't do this shit at all, because you have no idea when Whitebeard swung, and you need to get the laser's distance from Whitebeard from after he swung 180º

You need to show his movement in the 2 different panels, then show the laser in both of those panels

I don't have to change shit, your version is nothing except "he moved larger" and the laser is closer based on bad pixelscaling and one sided logic
Cease and desist, bro brought his entire family to support his thread. It's objectively incorrect, we've expressed this already, there's no need to engage with this.

Seems like he won't concede unless it gets forcibly shut down

So here's what imma do

This should be a CGM thread since it's literally the fundamental calc cgm thread "this calc's wrong and mine's right", which means all of you 20 message and under randoms who just coincidentally came here to vote "this looks nice" have absolutely no say in here

Since it's now a CGM thread

@Damage3245 @Dark-Carioca @DemonGodMitchAubin @CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 can you all please give input, and if you aren't able to/don't want to, could you call someone who could?

Cease and desist, bro brought his entire family to support his thread. It's objectively incorrect, we've expressed this already, there's no need to engage with this.
Your words make those who read this feel as if they are bullying / cornering, it's not wrong we have often discussed Calc Whitehead in a group and agreed to submit it to vsb to make thread

Your words make those who read this feel as if they are bullying / cornering, it's not wrong we have often discussed Calc Whitehead in a group and agreed to submit it to vsb to make thread
yall kinda are when you get a plethora of people to come and fill up a third of the thread with agreements

it makes the person arguing against you look crazy when you have a bunch of people in the opposite side

yall kinda are when you get a plethora of people to come and fill up a third of the thread with agreements

it makes the person arguing against you look crazy when you have a bunch of people in the opposite side
Wrong, we didn't ask them to come here and say they agreed, they just expressed their opinion, why does it seem as if everyone here is our online friend? There are also things we don't know

That's the reason he made this thread for the staff to come and see.Please tag staff / mods who are good at calculations so they can judge

No.

Wrong.

Again and again, it seems that you still don't understand, even though you combine the 2 images, Kizaru's position is still there, and you use the comparison object of Shirohige's head which is clearly wrong in this scan:

3-dimensional images usually have 3 axes we consider X, Y, Z.

I will use the light blue line as the center of the axis (0) because this is the object of comparison to find the diameter of the kizaru laser.
The problem arises when the distance between the two with the light blue line as the center point (0) is the vector "X(+), Y(0), Z(0)".

The core point is in "X(+)" with a positive area that will make the length sought greater than the original, why is that? Simply put, the comparison object is on the (0) axis and the line you want to find (the diameter of the kizaru laser) is on X(+) which makes it closer to the pov and not parallel to the comparison object.

And keep in mind I didn't change any pixel value, it remains in your calc, I only changed or replaced the diameter of the wanked kizaru laser.

This calculation must be changed because there is an error in the angisize of the kizaru laser.

Again and again, it seems that you still don't understand, even though you combine the 2 images, Kizaru's position is still there, and you use the comparison object of Shirohige's head which is clearly wrong in this scan:

3-dimensional images usually have 3 axes we consider X, Y, Z.

I will use the light blue line as the center of the axis (0) because this is the object of comparison to find the diameter of the kizaru laser.
The problem arises when the distance between the two with the light blue line as the center point (0) is the vector "X(+), Y(0), Z(0)".

The core point is in "X(+)" with a positive area that will make the length sought greater than the original, why is that? Simply put, the comparison object is on the (0) axis and the line you want to find (the diameter of the kizaru laser) is on X(+) which makes it closer to the pov and not parallel to the comparison object.

And keep in mind I didn't change any pixel value, it remains in your calc, I only changed or replaced the diameter of the wanked kizaru laser.

This calculation must be changed because there is an error in the angisize of the kizaru laser.

Using complicated words don’t make your argument better

my angsizing is fine. The positioning of WhiteBeard in between the lasers is the issue they you fail to understand

Using complicated words don’t make your argument better

my angsizing is fine. The positioning of WhiteBeard in between the lasers is the issue they you fail to understand
No, they are not good, in pixel scaling it "works" if the positions are aligned, whereas this is clearly wrong.

The reality of this is that non-Calc Group Members have no say in the approval of a calculation, so the non-CGMs coming in and saying the new version is best actually have no stake in this. That's not being rude, that's simply how it is.

Anyways, reading through this and seeing KT's arguments for his calc as well as the arguments for the new one, I definitely prefer KT's version

The reality of this is that non-Calc Group Members have no say in the approval of a calculation, so the non-CGMs coming in and saying the new version is best actually have no stake in this. That's not being rude, that's simply how it is.
It was a content revision thread, that was why

A discussion like this shouldn't have been made a CRT, this a CGM thread
No, did you not find any calc KT errors?
On this:

KT using the shirohige head to find the diameter of the kizaru laser is a mistake, which will make the results inflated.

That's right, the above calc has a flaw too, we should make a new theread to discuss the wrong KT calc.

I looked at this calc thoroughly when I first accepted it so I can say with confidence that it's fine. How is this a mistake?

I looked at this calc thoroughly when I first accepted it so I can say with confidence that it's fine. How is this a mistake?
No, you can't use shirohige's head as an object to find the diameter of the kizaru because they themselves are far away and "misaligned", pixel scaling is "work" if the positions are in alignment.

There is an alternative way, which is the width of the kizaru's shoulders to find the diameter of the laser so that it "works" because they are in an aligned position.

No, their proximity is close enough that it works here.
No no, they weren't close, from the perspective I saw it was about 1.5-2m away, is that "close"? Ofc no. I've already given advice which is that using the width of the kizaru's shoulders is a very good way because the two of them are very close.

You know, when using the shirohige head we get a laser diameter of 0.34m and when using the kizaru's shoulder width we get 0.17m, is this what you call close? With a 2x difference. And yes, the kizaru's shoulder width should be prioritized because it is very close to the laser.

It's a tiny bit off, you act like they're miles away

And the calc in the OP uses the same damn distance
It's not that, but the closer one should be prioritized, even with this difference it greatly affects your calc. The previous 4.97c can become 9c an

No no, they weren't close, from the perspective I saw it was about 1.5-2m away, is that "close"? Ofc no. I've already given advice which is that using the width of the kizaru's shoulders is a very good way because the two of them are very close.

You know, when using the shirohige head we get a laser diameter of 0.34m and when using the kizaru's shoulder width we get 0.17m, is this what you call close? With a 2x difference. And yes, the kizaru's shoulder width should be prioritized because it is very close to the laser.
"The perspective you saw" is you just eyeballing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back