• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Upgrade to High 7-A (based on new chapter)

In the new chapter of OPM that was released today, Psykos compresses a ball of stone to less than half of it's original radius .

How big was the concrete ball ? It's radius appears to be 4 floors tall. And the floors are around 4 times the height of Saitama. So 1.75 x 4 x 4 = 28 meters radius. So the ball of concrete is around 200.000 tons.

But whats more impressive is the compression. How hard it is to compress concrete? Concrete's average elastic modulus is around 27.5 Gigapascals(GPa). This means its bulk modulus (material property about reducing volume) is around 15.2 GPa. If she crushed it to 14 meters radius (%87.5 volume reduction) she would need to apply a pressure of 13.3 GPa or 1.355.760 tons per m^2. With a surface area of 2463 m^2 she would need to apply a total force of over 3.3 billion tons.

This is actually a lowball considering the fact that Psykos actually compressed the ball into less than it's original radius.

IIRC, 3.3 billion tons of force is in the High 7-A range.

Tatsumaki casually overpowered Psykos' attack, but she doesn't get an upgrade since she's already High 6-C Also, Psykos was able to increase the gravity around Tatsumaki 300x. I don't know if that warrants an upgrade though.

Pretty sure we don't use force for Attack Potency just energy

When we talk about "tons" it doesn't refer to how much force was exerted in a feat it refers to how much TNT would be required to release the same amount of energy as the feat. I don't think the results you've calculated are actually high 7-A.

Tons of force does count for lifting strength, but like Andy said you need the energy required to compress something for actual AP.

Compressing a ball of rock isn't lifting strength

Considering it is done through TK, the same force applied to the ball can be used to lift an object. So you can count it. Buuuut, whatever.

For the record: 3.3 billions of tons = 3.3 x 10^12 kg. Class T. It'd upgrade tatsumaki.

Well

• 1 Newton = 1 Joule/Meter
  • 3,339,236,880 tons of force = 29,707,331,336,182.06 Netwons
  • 29,707,331,336,182.06 = 29,707,331,336,182.06 Joules/Meters or 2.907e+13 Joules or 7-C
So assuming I didn't do anything wrong this would be a lifting strength upgrade for both, but not a AP upgrade.

The calculator was for converting tons of force ''' meter''' to newton meter. You obviously cannot convert force to newton meter directly when nothing else is known.

OP's math already assumed it was by meters didn't it?

she would need to apply a pressure of 13.3 GPa or 1.355.760 tons per m^2. With a surface area of 2463 m^2 she would need to apply a total force of over 3.3 billion tons.

If its supposed to be 1,355,760 per meter then the number would be much lower.

Pressure is force/area

Pressure x area gives force which seem to be all that was calculated in the post.

@Callsign Yeah, when converting force to energy work is normally what you use. The only thing is we have to figure out what the distance is.

So how do you think it should be tackled? I don't think it'll serve as anything more than a lifting strength upgrade though.

Andytrenom said:
@Callsign Yeah, when converting force to energy work is normally what you use. The only thing is we have to figure out what the distance is.
The difference between the starting and ending radius of the sphere would work, just multiply that by the force to get energy in joules.

Nope. The databook lists her height and weight at "Undisclosed". Its why Blizzard and Prisoner also don't have an official weight, since they didn't allow them to be put in the databook (as the first section is from an in-universe perspective).

EDIT: Her databook page. Her weight and height are listed as "µ£¬Õà¼Úûï" which means Unpublished

I don't think comparing posters is a good idea, at least use a picture where she and another character are side by side.

True. I think there's an image of her standing next to Child Emperor who has an offical height. I'll try to find it.

Also before any calc is made we need sources for the Bulk modulus of concrete and we need to scale the size of the sphere as well.

Andytrenom said:
I'm not sure if they are actually side by side there.
In the first image or the second one? Because I agree that she was behind him in the first, but the second they look to be on the same plane.

Also taking them to be of equal height will be better than trying to scale imo, since we don't see either's full body.

In the old calc for Emperor Nova they found that the height of the doors are like 5.5 meters. We could use that to find the thickness of the floors and the diameter of the sphere.

Back