• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Revision: Tatsumaki and Psykos

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it hasn't. No one's given a half decent counter to any point I've made. It was the longest lasting attack and VERY clearly showed the beam swing across the planet to get such a high end. NEVER does she do something like this again. The fact such is true, and the beam gets this high with ONLY the sweep damage, not its actual destructive power used against Genos (which there were multiple of and rarely lasted longer than a line or two save the last one). I know more than you clearly and you're just trying to bullshit your way out of it.

Oh sure, it'd be higher if you also said OPM Earth is bigger than the Sun or something else stupid, but since that's not the case, why would anyone use 1/3rd of the planet? So you ADMIT your side doesn't matter? How strange.

No it doesn't. It takes the fight well into context. The beam then detonating is FAR below the damage it caused over a long period and sweeping around so since you now ADMIT that God gave Psykos a CONSTANT supply of energy that didn't weaken in the attack, she's not High 6-A. At all.
Anyway, until now you just repeated the same shit and did not provide anything to support your point and this sweep damage does not exist, we never did it and we will not do it now, if you want to change it, change the rules of the wikia.
About the things in the beam you mentioned, it is nothing more than a fallacy, I have already proven above that she has already used the same movement afterwards and for longer, to repeat the same shit indefinitely as it will not help you.

Where did I quote 1/3 of the planet? It looks like someone is in need of some classes.

No, again, this is not how it works and it will never work and you as always, refuting yourself, in addition to not responding to my point.
Again, if we are considering that God gave her the beam, then losing energy will not affect the beam's power in any way; in this case, all of its beams are High 6-A. As such, both Genos and Tatsumaki enter it.
At the end of the day, the scale will be exactly the same, whether you deny it or not.

Anyway, until now you just repeated the same shit and did not provide anything to support your point and this sweep damage does not exist, we never did it and we will not do it now, if you want to change it, change the rules of the wikia.
About the things in the beam you mentioned, it is nothing more than a fallacy, I have already proven above that she has already used the same movement afterwards and for longer, to repeat the same shit indefinitely as it will not help you.

Where did I quote 1/3 of the planet? It looks like someone is in need of some classes.

No, again, this is not how it works and it will never work and you as always, refuting yourself, in addition to not responding to my point.
Again, if we are considering that God gave her the beam, then losing energy will not affect the beam's power in any way; in this case, all of its beams are High 6-A. As such, both Genos and Tatsumaki enter it.
At the end of the day, the scale will be exactly the same, whether you deny it or not.
I did, it does and the wiki does ALL THE ******* TIME.
Prove it. What fallacy, and prove I committed it.

Okay that 'where did I say it' confirms you're just bullshitting AND WASTING MY TIME. Cause you did. Everyone can see it.

Yes it is. How did I refute myself? I debunked every stupid point you made. The beam's not High 6-A when exploding. Period. Anything higher would have to mean she got weakened. And if you're stupid and say she didn't get weakened, then she's not High 6-A. End of discussion.
No it won't, because every argument you've used is debunked and stupid.

If Psykorochi’s beams are High 6-A from a less than five second swing then why wouldn’t they also be generating High 6-A amounts of force from sustained fire? Case in point, when Tatsumaki held one in place long enough for her to calmly deliver a sentence.

I did, it does and the wiki does ALL THE ******* TIME.
Prove it. What fallacy, and prove I committed it.

Okay that 'where did I say it' confirms you're just bullshitting AND WASTING MY TIME. Cause you did. Everyone can see it.

Yes it is. How did I refute myself? I debunked every stupid point you made. The beam's not High 6-A when exploding. Period. Anything higher would have to mean she got weakened. And if you're stupid and say she didn't get weakened, then she's not High 6-A. End of discussion.
No it won't, because every argument you've used is debunked and stupid.
No, there is not, a test for example is the case of Toneri and he cut the moon in two, the energy needed to separate the moon came from the sword, the case of Psykos is the same. So, as I mentioned, unless you change the rules of wikia, this is still true.

Yes, I asked where it came from just because I never said that, I cited 1/3 of the explosion we saw (which you are arguing to be 6-B / 6-A tall, although there is no accepted calculation for that) and not about the planet .

Again, you're self-sabotaging yourself, man.
How do you argue that God gave Psykos the divine ray and that he does not scale, but at the same time you argue that Psykos became smaller and therefore the divine ray became weaker. Can you see how contradictory this is?
You argue that the energy that Psykos uses in the beam cannot use in its barriers due to the fact that it was God who gave it to her, but the loss of energy from Psykos interferes with the power of the beam ... see how it does the least sense?

But, regardless of that, we can use two things and in both the scale is the same:

1 - God gave Psykos his divine ray, so it gets weaker, does not change the power of the beam, so both Genos and Tatsumaki scaled it, Psykos too.

2 - The same energy that Psykos uses in the beam, it uses in its barriers (we already do that with most characters that have an attack and defense like this), consequently, it becomes weaker, directly affects the beam's power, however, the amount of primary loss is not even 5% compared to everything else she has had, which means that it would not be a fall enough to make her fall tier, but even if she did fall, Tatsumaki would still go up to High 6 - A.

So, a summary then. I'll try to be as impartial as possible, although I should make it clear I do have a stake in this game. I'll do a brief summary of the arguments without fully justifying any of them in detail, because that would defeat the point. If you have any specific questions I will elaborate.

Matt's proposed changes first then. Matt argues...
1.) that Psykorochi's initial beam (5 petatons currently) was considerably stronger than all her other beams because it had a much longer time frame, had greater AOE and was not replicated on the same scale later,
2.) that Psykorochi should have two keys, because after being twisted by Tatsumaki she was "literally hundreds of times" smaller than when she fired the continent cutter and her power corresponds directly to her size, so one key for before that 1st twist and another after it,
3.) that Tatsumaki (and Genos by extension) should not scale to full power Psykorochi precisely because Psykorochi was astronomically weaker when Tatsumaki defeated her,
4.) therefore Tatsumaki and Genos should scale to their own calcable feats and not to Psykorochi. Genos in particular shouldn't scale to Psykorochi, whose power he described as "unreadable" before clashing with a weakened version.

In opposition to those suggestions we have....
1.) that Psykorochi's beam was not an outlier because it didn't take long to fire, it was simply a beam that was swept in a short time frame and other beams looked the same and would have had similar effect had Tatsumaki not intentionally drawn them away from the ground,
2.) that Psykorochi was not weakened enough to merit a separate key or downgrade of any kind, because she quickly regen'd from the attack and was still in touch with her ever-growing root system, even if the size difference shown is not simply a perspective issue common in manga the root network is far larger than the avatar body,
3.) that since Psykorochi was not noticeably weakened, Genos's best attacks should scale to Psykorochi and that Tatsumaki should at least scale to Psykorochi's full power if not upscale thanks to her performance.

So the primary disagreements are...
1.) If Psykorochi's continent slice was stronger than any other beam,
2.) whether Psykorochi was considerably weakened by Tatsumaki's 1st twist or not,
3.) the method for the continent slice.

I think the simplest way to resolve most of this is to get further calc group member opinions on Ugarik's recent calc, which would replace this calc here for Psykorochi. This calc has been at the center of the controversy in this thread, partly because it hasn't been definitively accepted (as those in favor of Matt's changes would argue). The calc uses PE and not KE or any other time-frame based method, so accepting or replacing it would help resolve the disagreement over time frame and the AP of the various beams. Then we only have to decide if Psykorochi's weakening merits a 2nd key.
I'm bumping this summary for mods and anyone who missed it. Also can more calc members please look at the calc a big part to why this thread was made was because of the calc.

If Psykorochi’s beams are High 6-A from a less than five second swing then why wouldn’t they also be generating High 6-A amounts of force from sustained fire? Case in point, when Tatsumaki held one in place long enough for her to calmly deliver a sentence.
See this is at least kinda fair. If Psykos wasn't weakened (even though she got destroyed into a bloody pulp) then maybe you have a case. However, you'd have to prove she sustains it as long (which is weird with a manga) and you have a better chance using it for Genos since Tatsumaki only stopped it briefly and when she deflected it Psykos had stopped firing. And you'd have to keep her from being weakened, which is pretty consistently shown.

this thread should be closed at this point, no one is contributing and everyone seems to be bored of arguing with each other.

Yeah, the staff don’t seem to care and the two main people that were arguing have been temporarily blocked.

In that case, I close this out for now. If need be, we can open this thread back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back