• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch-Man minor updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think the half monster only started after he got cut by royal ripper, because he later on pronounced himself a dragon level threat, survived rover despite being weaker, and could trash royal ripper and other demons fairly easily despite struggling previously against the former.

Okay, so yeah, Human Garou would end up peaking at Low 7-B even if we say he doesn’t fully scale to Genos’ dura.

My idea of what the scaling would look like is:
Post-Superfight Genos: High 7-C+, Low 7-B with charged attacks (and Low 7-B durability)
Human Garou: High 7-C+, up to Low 7-B
Tanktop Master: High 7-C+
Royal Ripper: Low 7-B
Bug God: Low 7-B | At least Low 7-B
Watchdog Man: Low 7-B

Also this seriously needs to be the last revision for this thread, we can’t keep throwing new stuff into it.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd say Genos should stick to just Low 7-B, as previously stated, Dr Genus had always designed Genos' stats to be balanced. As he expressed discomfort and disapproval when Genos requested how he wanted his body to be like for his MA raid self. That and Genos' leg could sustain JDA, a physical attack. There's also the implication some of his weaker attacks, which are High 7-C+ would've killed him. I doubt either royal ripper or bug god should scale to Low 7-B, they should have either High 7-C+ or the same rating as Garou. Watchdog man is fine because he outright stomped Garou.

My proposal for garou is this:

Attack Potency: At least Large Town level+ (Held his own against Post-Superfight Genos while severely injured, and implied he would perform better against Genos in peak condition), up to Small City Level with Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist (Was able to defeat Tank Top Master when utilizing this technique, who he mentions to be as strong as Post-Suoperfight Genos)

Yeah I'd say Genos should stick to just Low 7-B, as previously stated, Dr Genus had always designed Genos' stats to be balanced. As he expressed discomfort and disapproval when Genos requested how he wanted his body to be like for his MA raid self. That and Genos' leg could sustain JDA, a physical attack. There's also the implication some of his weaker attacks, which are High 7-C+ would've killed him.
Genos having High 7-C+ normal attacks and Low 7-B charged attacks and dura is still balanced, there’s barely any difference there. Genos’ leg withstanding JDA is why he would have Low 7-B dura. And High 7-C+ attacks being able to kill a weakened Garou doesn’t stop him from being Low 7-B at his peak.

Seems fine I guess, but I don't that's still enough to upscale Garou to Low 7-B just based off of that. And I doubt a peak Garou is actually stronger than Post Super-fight Genos, who is High 7-C+, as Garou straight up mentions Genos to be comparable to TTM, and Garou was taking a fair amount of punishment from TTM up until he used WSRSF

Seems fine I guess, but I don't that's still enough to upscale Garou to Low 7-B just based off of that. And I doubt a peak Garou is actually stronger than Post Super-fight Genos, who is High 7-C+, as Garou straight up mentions Genos to be comparable to TTM, and Garou was taking a fair amount of punishment from TTM up until he used WSRSF
That’s not the only reason for Garou upscaling, that’s just one. Him ripping Genos’ arm off is better evidence. Also Garou gets stronger overtime... so the Garou that fought TTM =/= the Garou that fought Genos =/= the Garou that fought Royal Ripper and Bug God.

Does it really matter? His tier would still be ‘High 7-C, up to Low 7-B’ regardless.

Kinda? If Garou, while heavily crippled, could easily tear off the arm of a guy with Low 7-B dura, and then he should be straight up Low 7-B

Last edited:
Kinda? If Garou, while heavily crippled, could easily tear off the arm of a guy with Low 7-B dura, and then he should be straight up Low 7-B
The arm is detachable and retachable, which is what waters the feat down. It seems to have taken some day, but Genos popped it back on right afterwards as Qawsed said

Some people have pointed out that there was apparently some tiny metal bits, which implied the arm could be forcefully yanked off. Part of me feels this is a bit reaching tbh, but I dunno. What's your proposal on this? Or are you fine with the current ratings.

Garou still gets stronger overtime though, and I don’t think you can really prove that forest Garou is equal to, say, the Garou that fought TTM.

Seems fair, I edited it. But I have to ask, wouldn't Genos be Low 7-B via being able to harm those who can harm him? Like he was able to harm the weakened Garou, who in turn could harm him.

I don't see how it's reaching. It shows that Garou damaged the arm's armor, plain and simple.
I agree. Even small bits being removed by force proves Garou is strong enough to damage it to some capacity.

Seems fair, I edited it. But I have to ask, wouldn't Genos be Low 7-B via being able to harm those who can harm him? Like he was able to harm the weakened Garou, who in turn could harm him.
Perhaps, or Garou hadn’t quite become Low 7-B at the point where Genos harmed him.

Tbh I don’t really care either way, but making Genos straight Low 7-B would make all the High 7-C+s become Low 7-B.

I’m not proposing that, I still think his punches should be High 7-C/High 7-C+.

I personally think that Human Garou should just be all High 7-C+ until he is beaten to near-death by RR and BG and then awakens as a halfmonster. There's no guarantee that Genos' Spiral Incineration will not be able to vaporise him or at the very least severely injure him if Garou tries tanking it even he is at his peak. You obviously won't argue that his durability is on a different level if he is at his peak, considering that he was able to survive all that stuffs. It's like stamina and willpower feats rather than durability and AP feats.

Seeing as how Atomic Samurai has displayed no growth and has no statements of evolving in power, added on top of the fact that Psykos was already severely weakened by her fight with Tatsumaki, Genos, and Drive Knight, it's safe to say she definitely isn't 7-A anymore, and is at best 7-B. Because at that point, Tanktop Master would be stronger than Gouketsu. Plus, at the time of Pri-Pri Prisoner attacking her, she was already stunned after being sliced up by Atomic Samurai, so she was further weakened.

I don't know why people are assuming that Ch. 138 Psykorochi is stronger than Psykos. Fusions can become detrimentally battle damaged and diminish in strength to the point their power is lesser than that of their components.

I saw the argument that "1 (Psykos) + 1 (Orochi) = 2, and can't = 0.5", but when you factor in the decrease in strength as a result of her incredibly severe wounds and damage over the course of this incredibly long battle, you can get a lower number. "1 + 1" may not equal 0.5, but "(1 + 1) / 4" does.

Because at that point, Tanktop Master would be stronger than Gouketsu.
Tanktop Master isn’t 7-A period, he never even touched Psykos, so I’m not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Also Psykosjet can’t be lower than 7-B, since she can harm Drive Knight.

Nyan's rating comes from being a Dragon, making him superior to a Low 7-B character, and from harming Pri-Pri Prisoner, whose rating also comes from injuring the weakened Psykorochi.

Nyan is a Low 7-B+ at the minimum, Drive Knight scales significantly above him, and Psykos can harm Drive Knight and clash with the Promoted Rook, which is DK + Genos.

And seeing as how there is no evidence to support the idea that Psykorochi in her current condition is still 7-A, she would be 7-B at the time of being bullied via scaling off of Promoted Rook (she was struggling, by the way), unless you can prove Promoted Rook is 16x more powerful than Drive Knight.

I literally said that it would be 7-B six posts ago. And I don’t know why you’re adding that she was struggling against the Promoted Rook when I said nothing to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back